MERGED --> Phoenix strangeness - PHOENIX Tickets Discussion Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Am I the only one who has gone from "please give me GOOD tickets" to "please give me any tickets"?
It's been a week of reading horror stories from across the world about getting tickets, and I must admit, I am just so freakin' nervous that I won't get anything.

Also.......
Question: Is it difficult/impossible to actually get the max allowed tickets (8) to one show with them all being together? I like going in a group of friends, but I just don't know if it will be possible to sit together.

hey guys -

i'm from out of town and hoping to take a trip to see the concert with my brother. unfortunately after reading all the horror stories i never got a presale code...if anyone could somehow land 2 extra GA tickets i'd be willing to pay face value + whatever you're asking for your trouble.

email me off board if you can help

thanks!

fed321@hotmail.com

just got off the phone with a Ticketmaster agent in Texas. She didnt know much, all she could say is that Phoenix may have come down for some changes in the listing. I guess we will just have to monitor the web site for the next few hours and call Ticketmaster back if nothing changes.

The question is ... do you grab whatever you can this time around ... or hold off in case a second Phoenix show is added with a one week delay a la Denver - and then participate in the second presale? (Assuming most desert code will be shot after today.)

Or... buy in general sale (or somehow - won't be too much of a mark up on Ebay) and hold code for the 3rd leg where GAs will (presumably) be much easier to get? Though travel may be required...

Finally, for anyone from out of town I have to warn you that Phoenix is 110 degrees in April, the Glendale Arena is a dump - the roof leaks - they don't sell beer. Also the freeways are closed on Thursdays to cut down on particulate matter. The airport, too. Closed. Cerrado. Nada.

And if you get GAs I offer to go in your stead and let you listen to the show live on my cellphone.

Thank you.

dammit!!! I got in right when the presale started at 10:01 and there were no GA's available. I had to settle for expensive $160 seats in Sec 113. I'll try again for GA's on Saturday.

Last edited:
Lucky you, Queen Bee!!! I can't imagine it being possible for me to be any faster, but anyway, I got nosebleeds.........I'm very happy that I have something, though.

Heres a link to the seating chart ppl-
:)

https://a248.e.akamai.net/f/248/905....com/en-us/tmimages/venue/maps/mtn/12804s.gif

db9
out.php

Last edited:
Two GA's here also - I almost had a heart attack just before the presale started, I wa so wooried about not getting tickets

question: what ticketmaster page did you first load to? I was on the actual u2 page and kept refreshing and around 1003am did it finally show the availability....
should I have been on the first page where it shows all other u2 concerts then the find tickets now?

mr_perfect said:
question: what ticketmaster page did you first load to? I was on the actual u2 page and kept refreshing and around 1003am did it finally show the availability....
should I have been on the first page where it shows all other u2 concerts then the find tickets now?

Mr Perfect-
i had the same problem and I left U2.Com/Ticketmaster page and went to the regular TickectMaster page and had better luck.

db9

mr_perfect said:

You were in the right place. I wonder if should have picked BEST AVAILABLE instead of specifying General Admission?

Considering MANY came up completely empty last Tuesday, we should be fortunate we got tickets at all. Still, $173 per ticket is a lot of money!

I used the main Ticketmaster site and had a couple of browsers open - my first try I selected the $50.00 price and best available and it came back with nose bleeds - I hopped over to another browser, did any price, best available and after a few minutes it pulled up GA's.

Section 226 - Row A.

I pulled section 224 row A and wrestled with what to do - the $50 ticket becomes $70 with the subscrition, then add the fees... might as well go $95. Tried a few more times - didn't like the 95's better than the upper's first row (like my space:) - then it hit - Duh! Get the fucking tickets. If I come across GAs later I can always sell, and row A is damn nice. Also there will possibly be 2 nights - I can't afford big $$ tix if I'm lucky enough to see them twice. Finally, I'm grateful Glendale Arena put out the stage design - this sealed my decision. There will be a few songs at the B stage and Bono likes to prance - he'll be working that catwalk. So I'm happy. Bird in hand.

All you GA winners - good job! Persistence and creativity are two of my traits and with a little luck I'll see you on the floor for one of the two (think positive!) nights.

David

Technical Post Script: Worked the sale with two computers. Explorer window refused to show box to enter code. Thought for sure evil broker hack systems were blocking nice people like me so they could scoop up GAs. The second computer was with Netscape had code box. I bought the tix off the slower computer. Not because the code box didn't show up on the Explorer one - after 5 minutes it did - but because after I searched for tickets on it said, "Searching... Your wait time is less than 1 minute" It still is doing that. LOL. For half an hour. I just know it's holding those precious GAs! I'm never gonna close that window. Never!!!

Update: "Your wait time is less than 1 minute
If you refresh this page or hit the back button, you will lose your place in line!
We'll continue to update the page to let you know approximately how much time you have to wait and
we'll tell you if we're able to find tickets."

Five and a half hours ... and still less than one minute. I know my GAs are there. I just know it!

The Phoenix show last time in April was the best one I saw. I've never heard a crowd so loud anywhere. Never.

If they add a second show on Friday night, I'm probably going to try for cheap seats. Hell, I might even go if it's only on Thursday.

The November Phoenix show blew the April one away in my humble opinion!!! I felt they played up the AZ connection much more in the November show. Being on the floor in November may have had somehting to do with it too.

hey martha :wave:

are you going to try to get tix on ticketmaster on Saturday?

or try your luck here or on one of the other boards?

I really want to go to the Phoenix show too but I'll have to go by myself, or at least drive from JT to Phoenix by myself:(

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom