MERGED --> Paris DUI + Paris is going to jail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think it's a good look for her.

Shall we take bets as to how long she'll go with the "young, fresh-faced and innocent" look to garner her goodwill in the media?

corianderstem said:

Shall we take bets as to how long she'll go with the "young, fresh-faced and innocent" look to garner her goodwill in the media?

9 hours? :wink:

Paris Hilton might be serious about turning her life around, but she's going to look good doing it.

Hilton, 26, who was released at 12:01 a.m. from Los Angeles' Century Regional Detention Facility, had a 9:30 at-home appointment this morning with DreamCatchers Hair Extensions, according to The Insider.

And just what was Hilton getting? "Full length, 20 inches of extensions....blonde, of course," the DreamCatchers rep told The Insider. When the show asked if Hilton would be taking her new locks out on the town tonight, the rep replied, "wouldn't you?"

The hair-fix house-call contradicts what Hilton told Barbara Walters at the start of her sentence. “I’m not that superficial girl," she said. "I haven’t looked in a mirror since I got here. My purpose in life is to be where I am.”

Now that "where she is" has changed, we guess her purpose in life is to look, if we may borrow her expression, hot?

Regardless, none of it is what Usmagazine.com readers had hoped Hilton would do upon her release. When asked what the ex-con heiress's first move should be, 70% of you said "go into hiding."

Paris_Hilton.sff_KSD109_20070626045019.jpg

This is a nice picture
post jail. :up:

Her eyes look dark in all the photos. Is it just weird lighting or does she usually wear blue contacts?

She served her full sentence, didn't she?

I just saw elsewhere online that US Weekly is Paris-free this week, correctly guessing that we're all Parised out.

I feel like buying 10 copies instead of my usual 1 this Friday just to thank them. :wink:

anitram said:
Her eyes look dark in all the photos. Is it just weird lighting or does she usually wear blue contacts?

Yup. I remember seeing some pics. of her from high school in a magzine a couple years ago, and she actually has brown eyes.

Last weekend, I hung out with a relative of mine, this relative and their significant other hang out with an interesting crowd...

We were out having drinks and got on the subject of Paris, 4 out of 10 at the table all said, "they just have it out for her, I got caught with worse and never had to do anytime...".

I found this interesting, since many use the argument, "she's just like everyone else", after that conversation it kind of opened my eyes. Just putting that out there...

JCOSTER said:
I can't believe she is out already...:tsk:

Why?

She served every single day she was required to serve and actually did 90% more time than most people who violated their probation would do.

I think she probably learned something from this experience. At least she might appreciate what she has now and not take it for granted. Supposedly she wants to do charity work and build a transitional home for people that get released from prison so I'm sure it taught her some kind of lesson. I admit, I've watched alot of the Simple Life and she really isnt a terrible person. She's done a lot of nice things for people and families over the years on that show. And I have no idea why I'm sticking up for her :lol:

Originally posted by corianderstem

I just saw elsewhere online that US Weekly is Paris-free this week, correctly guessing that we're all Parised out.

I feel like buying 10 copies instead of my usual 1 this Friday just to thank them. :wink:

I believe this is what you're looking for ... :D

US Weekly Blacks Out Hilton Coverage
By JOHN ROGERS, Associated Press Writer
4 hours ago

LOS ANGELES - Paris Hilton gets out of jail on Tuesday and she won't be on the cover of US Weekly on Friday? How, short of the Apocalypse, is this possible?

"When it came down to it, the staff and I felt what I believe a lot of people in America are feeling. Which is just enormous Paris fatigue," US Weekly Editor Janice Min told The Associated Press on Tuesday.

As a result, Hilton not only won't be on the cover, there won't even be a mention of her in the magazine.

"I don't think," Min joked, "we even mention the city of Paris."

That was no easy task, she said, adding US Weekly editors had to comb carefully through every beauty story and every fashion item to make sure there wasn't an offhand mention of the hotel heiress somewhere.

The Associated Press put in place a similar Hilton moratorium for a week earlier this year, just to see what would happen.

As it turned out, the celebutante didn't do much that was of interest to anyone that week. Certainly she didn't get out of jail and get chased across town by a pack of Hilton-hungry photographers.

Still, Min expects her magazine will do just fine without her. Hilton, she said, has become such a mainstream media staple "that in many ways her time with US Weekly has moved on."

So look instead for an US Weekly cover photo Friday of Tom Cruise's baby and, inside the magazine, a dozen pages of other Hollywood babies.

Which raises the question, what would US Weekly do if Paris Hilton had a baby?

"That will elevate her, probably, back onto the cover," Min said with a laugh.

My only issue with her is that she was born into so many advantages in life and while I'm sure she has had her fair share of personal issues and turmoil (publicly she seems to lead a rather charmed life-but I believe she had a relative who died recently of breast cancer), she basically thwarts that with her attitude and behavior (and her parents seem to as well). Even people who are born disadvantaged bust their butts to stay on the straight and narrow, so maybe that's where some of the resentment comes in, I don't know. Her aunt says she saves the real and nice and sweet Paris for private-why? Why not share that more? Does she think being that was publicly will lose her career opportunities or something, get her less press attention? Cause "bad girls" get attention and the others don't? She has talent as a businesswoman, she has made her own money in spite of all the money she was born into. She isn't stupid. Why doesn't she focus on that instead of being a bad girl to get attention? She's 26, not a teenager.

I have watched the Simple Life and I see the sweetness and goodness in her too and I like it.

corianderstem said:

She looks great.

I was over at a friend's the other night and the TV was on with the sound turned down. I looked up and saw a headline "POST POKEY PARIS." Did anyone else see that? It was either MSNBC or CNN. I was horrified. I mean, we laughed of course, at the absurdity of it but really, it's insanity. The media is insane.

I don't have any real interest in hearing her talk about her experience, but she paid her dues, she looks great, we'll see if there's any lasting positive impact from the experience.

so, who here will watch Larry King tonight?

I will probably find myself tuning in...if I am around at 9pm:reject:

I hate to say it, but I will probably tune in. I've gotta see for myself what everyone will be talking about tomorrow.

I was watching CNN last night and they were saying that the way Paris walked out of jail last night was like she was strutting down the catwalk and that they expected the "New" Paris to be a bit more subdued. I noticed her walk out of there and thought it was a little much too. It should be interesting to see if people buy her "i'm a changed woman" act tonight.

I watched a few minutes. I'm a little torn.

On the one hand, of course it was traumatic for her, because I'm sure going to jail for any amount of time would be traumatic for anyone.

On the other hand, wanting to do an interview so "people can know what I went through"? Makes it sound like you went through something much, much worse than 20-some days in jail where guards and inmates treated her well and fairly.

But whatever. If this has truly changed her outlook on life and all that, yay for her.

^ I agree ^

she seems sincere and she is probably a nice person....but she seems quite immature, and a bit self-absorbed...but i believe that she thought it was OK that she could drive, and she got more than she probably deserved for the suspended license

That interview was painful, as was the AC show afterwards.

She looked nice though, I liked her dress. Personally I don't think she needs all that makeup and hair, but that's her style :shrug:

I didn't watch it since I was sure all the news channels would carry excerpts ad nauseam (I was right :angry: ) but my wife said her favorite part was when Larry King asked her what her favorite verse from the Bible was...

"Um.... I don't have a favorite part, I like it all..."

Good save there... :up:

I watched pretty much the entire interview. She really had no remorse and acts like she didn't do anything wrong, and that she was unfairly punished. Yet, the experience has changed her. ? I thought that I would have a whole lot more respect for her if she admitted that what she did was wrong, even if she was actually unfairly punished. Didn't happen, and now I could care even less about her.

I really enjoyed some of Larry's digging questions, (any psychiatric treatment?) but other than a few he went pretty easy on her.

cstar said:
I watched pretty much the entire interview. She really had no remorse and acts like she didn't do anything wrong, and that she was unfairly punished. Yet, the experience has changed her. ? I thought that I would have a whole lot more respect for her if she admitted that what she did was wrong, even if she was actually unfairly punished. Didn't happen, and now I could care even less about her.

I really enjoyed some of Larry's digging questions, (any psychiatric treatment?) but other than a few he went pretty easy on her.

I totally agree. She had an entire hour to try to change people's opinions of her, but it's like she didn't even care. Looks like the same old Paris to me.

And when Larry asked her what trait she would like to change in herself... she said her voice???? WTF? And yeah, she didn't really read that bible. She just wanted to be photographed with one. Everything she's ever done is for publicity and still is. I loved how the AC panel afterwards pretty much tore her apart. (Except for that one dude). Even Larry gave his true thoughts on the interview. I'm glad they're not all buying in to her crap. Although she didn't really give any crap to buy in to. She came off very boring, very immature and very non-remorseful. And that is who she is.

I really thought she was gonna try to act like she was a new person. But in the end, she's probably just not that good of an actress. And I really don't think she cares about anyone. She's got everything she wants. Money & fame. She'll never have respect, no matter how hard she tries, so why bother.

i think she did well, and i thought her to be sincere. it would be difficult to name a favorite verse from the bible when put on the spot.

time will tell if she turns a new leaf.

ultravioletluvv said:

And when Larry asked her what trait she would like to change in herself... she said her voice???? WTF?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

i was talking about this at work today....her voice being the trait she wanted to change...hahahah .......but...this shows perfectly how she thinks......she totally thought about that answer and that is the best she could come up with...she thought it was a good answer:|

Back
Top Bottom