MERGED ----> Making the album in Morocco?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
waynetravis said:
u2fezqd6.jpg

Where the heck is Larry? :eyebrow:

Edited: Oh wait, nevermind. I think I found him. :|

Larry is cut off, but visible, on the right. I thought Bono might be next to Adam because of the mic.

Adam and Lanois are on the bottom, someone with black hair on the right, Edge in the upper left, Bono up top, Eno might be onpiano, and that might be Larry's shoe and hand on the right.

that floor has the same pattern as the floor bono is laying on with the giant moon in the background in the MW video

This is such a weird photo. When I first saw it, I thought: Wow, what a nice maroccanian room with fountain. I have seen a lot of these when I was in Marocco. It just dawned to me later that there were actually people in this picture!

Zoom, anyone?!

LyricalDrug said:
This is going to be their true Beatles album, I can feel it...

:drool: :drool: :drool:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo :madspit: Not an whole album with songs sounding like WITS. WITS is their most plastic song ever. That song should have been done by Cher because it is so plastic(she is whole package of plast).

With Acthung Baby they where four men who cut down the joshua tree, well hope right now that they are four men who detonates the Atomic Bomb.

Last edited:
Can anyone think of some other great U2 puns? Like chopping down the Joshua Tree.

Maybe like:

Throwing' gasoline on the The Unforgettable Fire
Zooropa'ing in my Zooropan Zooropa!

You know, something as equally lame as what Bono originally said.

last unicorn said:
This is such a weird photo. When I first saw it, I thought: Wow, what a nice maroccanian room with fountain. I have seen a lot of these when I was in Marocco. It just dawned to me later that there were actually people in this picture!

Zoom, anyone?!

um... art, anyone?

:wink:

Peterrrrr said:

WITS is their most plastic song ever.

LOL, what f**king nonsense. Talking of a plastic songs, I'll give you one - WGRYWH. :barf:

To quote Steve Lillywhite:

"They hated that song," he says. "I spent a month on it and I still don't think it was as realised as it could've been. The Americans had heard it and said, That's your radio song there, because they were having trouble with some of the more industrial elements. It's almost like a covers band doing a U2 moment. Maybe we tried too hard."

Now that's my definition of a 'plastic' song

roy, do you have to always defend a song from the 00s by attacking a song from the 90s? :huh: How do you really feel about WGRYWH? Do you really hate it?

I don't think WITS is plastic. I don't think it's exceptional but I like it. Who's Gonna Ride is not only one of my favorites from Achtung but maybe from their entire discography! Beautiful lyrics! Great hefty choruses! Gorgeous middle 8! :drool: :drool: :drool:

roy said:

LOL, what f**king nonsense. Talking of a plastic songs, I'll give you one - WGRYWH. :barf:

To quote Steve Lillywhite:

"They hated that song," he says. "I spent a month on it and I still don't think it was as realised as it could've been. The Americans had heard it and said, That's your radio song there, because they were having trouble with some of the more industrial elements. It's almost like a covers band doing a U2 moment. Maybe we tried too hard."

Now that's my definition of a 'plastic' song

They should have just played it acoustically like they did live. It would have been easier and the production probably would have been better.

It's still a great song though, even now. :up:

Zootlesque said:
roy, do you have to always defend a song from the 00s by attacking a song from the 90s? :huh:

Well people who criticise the 00's on here are usually blind sheep when it comes to the 90's. It's healthy IMO to point out those areas where a certain hypocrisy exists. Don't you think?

Oh, and I really can't stand WGRYWH. IF AB was a lesser album it would have sunk it IMO. Who would have thought that U2 back then would have compromised themselves by releasing a song they hated.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom