MERGED-->L.A. Sports Arena Dress-Rehearsal Show in L.A. March 25th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My favorite K & B game was like password, where they would give you clues to the song name with out actually saying those words. I was really good at that one, even if I didn't know the band. Never got to play it though.

My friend actually one tix to the Grammy's with the Hardest Game in the World. I believe he guessed Franz Ferdinand. This morning I got most of them, I was yelling at my radio.

will they be rehearsing on friday also? i thought i remembered something about their manager saying they would be rehearsing in la fri-sun

All circuits are busy...

Haven't been able to get through to KROQ once. Guess this just isn't going to happen for me.

Re: All circuits are busy...

yoshjosh said:
Haven't been able to get through to KROQ once. Guess this just isn't going to happen for me.

Tell me about it. It is freakin' impossible. And these people winning sound like they barely have a pulse. :|

Re: Re: All circuits are busy...

oktobergirl said:

Tell me about it. It is freakin' impossible. And these people winning sound like they barely have a pulse. :|

No kidding. "Uh - yeah - great. U2 show. Cool, thanks."

I guess that's what we get for living in a city of 4 million.

so when does this thing start? you know we'll hear a report within an hour after it's over.

how could that small a group, even every hr there can't be more than 1k could there, be enough for their dress rehearsal. they're gonna need lots more people than that.

Propaganda Members who joined U2.Com, should get an e-mail with the opportunity to attend the show if they live in So Cal.

what a fantastically great idea. They should have done that, and it's not too late, they could still call us or email us. I'm gonna send them an email at u2.com, maybe someone would think about that in time from there.

Last edited:
Your absolutely right. There is no way that they can get the feel of the thrill with only invitees and industry in-siders. I still think they will invite fans in if they are there. They've done it before.

The problem is that if word gets out and it appears to be the case. You are going to have hundreds of fans outside the venue. If they decided to let a few or even all in under that scenario its a potential disaster. Now if there were 20 to 30 people out there waiting, different scenario. The times people have been let in for rehearsals in the past the numbers have been at that level (20 to 30 people max), not in the hundreds. Simply put, the security staff are not in place to handle a large number of people entering and being at the rehearsal.

U2 doesnt need all the energy of a huge crowd, its a rehearsal. Last tour no one was there for the final dress rehearsal except crew. So any people being there is going to be enough energy for what they are doing. Good luck if you go down there, but I wouldnt expect to get in. You never know though. Sounds like it may be a mob scene down there though.

Dress Rehersal

Is it at the Sport Arena in LA or in San Diego. Does anyone know what time it's at?

Yeah, how come there is still no report on last night's rehearsals ... :shifty:

I don't think they let anyone in yet, but for sure they rehearsed and some people were outside to listen. Maybe it's too early and everyone is sleeping in LA.

mikal said:
what? no reports at all?

surely someone had to be in there.

The dress rehearsal for selcted fans is Sat. night. I'm STILL tryin to call the POS radio station and win tix.....yeah right.....lol.

I stopped by the Sports Arena yesterday, but there was security at every conceivable entrance. All the staging trucks were there, and that was enough to get me pumped for Monday. There was also a VIP parking lot, but it had 3 security personnel at the small entrance.

I can't beLIEve we are 3 days from opening night (w/ rehearsals going on now) and we have no CONCRETE info on set up or stage design - no little "goodies" to tie us over until Monday.:mad: :mad: :madspit:

trojanchick99 said:

Actually it was Journey :wink:

Come now. I know KROQ blows compared to Indie 103, but even they wouldn't play Journey.

You sure it wasn't Men Without Hats?? :tongue:

Last edited:
My friend and I are thinking of heading to LA when we get in on Saturday for a clandestine effort to try to get in, or close to the rehearsals.

Security has been keeping everyone away from the doors and area. Not been too helpful for fans trying to get a ear full.

Hey all.

True U2 Fans actually do win KROQ Tickets. I won my pair yesterday at the 11:00am hour. I am soooooo Pumped. I saw my first U2 show in 1983. I am a true fan, and can't wait to attend this awesome event.

Sorry to all of you who couldn't get tickets. From what I have been told they will not let anyone into the rehearsal who just shows up. Due to security reasons only individuals winning tickets will be allowed in. Plus industry and press.

Thats awesome wingerdad!
Two TRUE fans I know won as well, so its all very exciting!
Once in a lifetime forsure!
Have a wonderful time!!!

So, wingerdad...
Will you be kind enough to give us a summary of your evening out when you get back?

Back
Top Bottom