MERGED --> Joshua Tree Limited edition: Paris + outside its America + Tracklisting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
elevated_u2_fan said:
actually, I think everyone got that error, I seem to remember someone else mentioning that as well... :hmm:

Fine, I won't sell it to you. :madspit:

So... my copy finally arrived in the mail......... and was too big for the mailbox so they have it at the post office! :rant: :banghead: I'll have to go pick it up tomorrow. Why can't they leave it at the door? :grumpy:

:yippie: I have always wanted the lithograph Anton had , mine may not be worth what his is ....but it's mine all mine !
JT-Cover.jpg

now to keep my credit card bill from Hubby :uhoh: if my U2 obsession gets anymore expensive , which I'm sure it will .
He may have me choose between him and U2 . :yikes:

That lithograph is lovely.

The Australian release date for the remastered discs was supposed to be tomorrow. Apparently, however, nobody (JB, Sanity, Virgin, HMV, Big W, K-Mart, Target) will be stocking the super-deluxe edition... yet. :(

Sanity told me that it was only available to buy in England, and Big W had never heard of it and didn't even have it on their system.

However, JB said there was some sort of "hold-up" and that they should be recieving them sometime within the next couple of weeks. Thank-goodness for that!

Any other Aussies having this sort of trouble?

Super Delux arrived in Poland yesterday, together with 1cd release!

This is by far best U2 release ever! (package wise) only Achtung Baby 20th Anniversary Edition can top this ;)

STRANGE - the WHOLE DVD is NTSC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
even tough it says it's being produced in EU.

Yeah, bass on Exit too. :drool:

I'm really glad I listened to the whole album on headphones! What a difference! Come to think of it, the original copy of JT really does sound like crap! :lol:

Yep, that was always the hardest album to listen to just because of the sound for me, so this is amazing! And by the way, even in my car I noticed the amazing difference. :) I couldn't wait til I got home :reject:

Here are some thoughts I'd emailed to a friend last night on my first listen-through. I could easily talk forever about all the amazing bits and pieces, but won't...:wink: Here they are:

......All of the songs so far have so many new sounds, but most interestingly, many of them are in the beginnings of the songs. The drum "count in" on ISHFWILF was the first I noticed, but RTSS-----holy crap! I can listen to the beginning of this song now over and over again and be even more amazed each time. It's like they added 2/3 of a new song just in the first 10 seconds! The end of it is similarly treated, but not as noticeably.

Second, Larry. They've made the percussion palpable and...visible...on this remaster. On at least the first three songs, I feel like you can really see and feel each hit of the drums as if you're feet away from Larry live, looking right at his drums. Very impressive.

....Wow, it feels like the back half of this album got such great treatment. The intros to IGC, RHMT, Trip....the harmonica in Trip screams with depth. And One Tree Hill!! It's like there are so many more qualities to the various synth parts----I almost feel like some of the parts that were always there are different notes now. And who knew that when Bono's going "rain! rain! rain into my heart," Edge isn't just singing a sound, but actually singing "ruuuuuuun, to the sea....ruuuuuun, to the sea." And the new distortion on Edge's guitar part at 4:17! Holy shit! Fucking awesome!

.....The locust sound in the background of Exit.

The distortion of the guitar in the first and second climaxes of Exit. The pulsing at the end---it's taken the song to an even darker place than it was before.

And yes, I think I can hear the rain in places of MOTD. It's not very prominent, but it's special. And there are places where Edge's work on Captive comes through, perhaps most notably at the end of MOTD.

....In RTSS at 2:21 when Bono begins his "hooo-oooh-oooh-ooooh-ooooh," there's a faint chant in the background.

Just got my set as well...
listened to it all night. Love the book, the postcards...
The packaging for the cds and dvd is flimsy, they should have thrown in the 2 disc set in there! heheh
The audio is fantastic, sounds so amazingly fresh.
This record saved my life, so its very satisfyng to see it given its due...

Went to 4 music stores in Sydney today. All had the standard edition but none had the deluxe.

According to 2 of those stores the release of the deluxe has been delayed by 1-2 weeks :( (the other 2 said is was back-ordered which is probably the same thing)

And according to JB Hi-fi the Paris DVD will be NTSC not PAL which is very odd. Usually we get either the Aussie version or the UK version - both of which are PAL regions.

Has anyone in Australia found the deluxe version yet?

Bought mine today! :hyper:

:drool:

Yes, even though The Joshua Tree is far from my favourite U2 album, the whole deluxe edition is :drool: .

Utoo said:
:lol: Mine FINALLY came-----and my book is bound upside down!! The tree is printed upside down and on the back cover of the book. Then, looking at the slipcover for the
DVD, it says the Paris show was "filmed at the Hipporome de Vincennes, Paris on 4th July 1987." It then says Outside It's America is "Filmed in the US during the Joshua Tree tour, July 4, 1987." WTF?? :huh: Maybe Larry didn't contribute because he wasn't happy about the quality..:lol:

Well, at last, I'll have myself a good listen tonight. :drool:

Utoo, where did you order your 'Upside-Down-Tree' Super Deluxe edition from?

Just watched the Outside It's America Documentary! :drool: :drool: :drool: Now I wanna drive thru the California/Nevada desert. :drool: I love how some of the music videos are blended in with the documentary. :love:

partialpro said:

Utoo, where did you order your 'Upside-Down-Tree' Super Deluxe edition from?

Best Buy. Maybe the image turned upside-down and backwards in the week and a half it took them to ship it to me....:huh:

:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom