MERGED--> itunes box set is listed.... + Itunes Complete U2 tracklisting here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And maybe I am senile but does anybody remember a B-side song that was slated for a "all that you cant leave single but was never realeased I swere there was one but cant verify it.

NO thats not it. wouldnt it be interesting to hear Stir my soul as a slow piano song before it evolved into Beautiful day. I wonder if Appled told U2 that they wouldnt sell the unrealeased stuff for single sale so U2 picked out as pointless of stuff that they could find. Although "smile" sounds like it might be good as well as the rock version of fast cars.

I wonder if they ever finished "heaven and hell" as well.I know "Sick of love" became SO cruel but it seemed good enough with the right Production to stand on its own of course I havent heard it in years so maybe I am wrong.

Seriously fuck this if they're trying to get people to pay $150.00 for what boils down to two bootleg concerts and a bonus disc of somewhat rare outtakes. Some of those songs are on the Best of B-Sides for crying out loud. That's hardly rare and unreleased. They've only sold a couple million copies of them.

That said I did just buy Fast Cars.

Hmmm now this shit is interesting.

when they are avaliable for download you can get them by song, so i think we should all buy them ourselves legally, since we pretty much all grabbed HTDAAB illegally...dont you think? :)

i dont understand how some of you complain about getting a bunch of new U2 songs from iTunes....you DONT have to pay all $150, so buy what stuff you dont have, and be happy, we've all gotten tons of new U2 stuff in the last few weeks, shouldn't we be a little more grateful? however, i do understand your desire for more more more...i can't get enough either

minivanman5 said:
i dont understand how some of you complain about getting a bunch of new U2 songs from iTunes....you DONT have to pay all $150, so buy what stuff you dont have, and be happy, we've all gotten tons of new U2 stuff in the last few weeks, shouldn't we be a little more grateful? however, i do understand your desire for more more more...i can't get enough either

I'm intersted in seeing how this all shovels out in the next day. My gut feeling is that the truely rare stuff is going to be Complete Work only.

Right now I can't even get iTunes to bring up the listing of songs. I tried buying Smile, etc. and it said that the status of the song changed between the time I was given the option to download it and when I clicked purchase. Now it seems they've removed the list. Perhaps the new updated list will have the rare stuff as complete work only. That would indeed blow and be a fairly low move on U2's part.

If I had 150 bucks sitting around I'd get this in a second just so I would have good rips of the songs for my iPod (which I would buy if I had 300 bucks sitting around) However I'm not going to pay for something that makes the prices at a bootleg record shop look reasonable.

I have noticed there are quite a few officially released recordings that did not make this list. Off the top of my head, I have come up with 28 missing tracks which include:

Stories for Boys remix from Just For Kicks 1979, the 30 seconds of instrumental music at the end of original European Boy LP pressings, I Will Follow live in Hattem, Holland Dutch only 1982 single, October remix from They Call It an Accident soundtrack 1982, the extended versions of Seconds and Like a Song... from the gold disc of War, I assume the Send in the Clowns portion of The Electric Co live is still missing, the extended versions of Pride and 4th of July from the Pride 12 inch/cd single and UF gold disc, Wire dub mix from NME 1985 single, Maggie's Farm from Live for Ireland 1987, Sweet Fire of Love and Testimony from Robbie Robertson 1987, the regular version of Night and Day from 1990, I Will Follow BBC version from the Radio 1 1992 compilation, the extended versions of Stay and The Wanderer from Faraway, So Close! soundtrack, Even Better Than The Real Thing live from Dublin on a UK cassette compilation 1993, Until the End of the World live in San Diego, Satellite of Love live in Irving, Texas, Miss Sarajevo live from Pavarotti charity album, I'm Not Your Baby original version of The End of Violence soundtrack, both of their Ramones covers I Remember You and Beat On The Brat, Don't Take Your Guns To Town, the 2 live in Boston tracks that are only on the Best Buy 3 song live cd, Peace On Earth and Walk On from America A Tribute to heroes and The Hands That Built America soundtrack version from Gangs of New York soundtrack.

Prepare to be frustrated, although many of the later rare tracks are listed as being for sale, when you click on them to buy, a message now comes up saying they aren't for sale any more.

For those of us who already own every U2 album, they aren't leaving us much of a choice now.

True, true... very true rkman.

I'm also perplexed by some of the songs on Unreleased & Rare. Stateless, for instance is on The Million Dollar Hotel soundtrack - neither unrelease nor rare.

And two versions of Numb? Christmas? I don't get it.

However, those live recordings would be awesome to have!!!

This is kind of sad. If I had told the lot of you one month ago that U2 would be officially releasing 6 unreleased tracks you all would have soiled your pants. Now you're bitching about it. Bitching about the opportunity to hear 6 songs NO one outside of the the U2 inner circle has ever heard.
Stop sniveling for cripes sake. If you don't want to buy the whole shebang for $150 just illegally download the new songs like you did for HTDAAB.
U2 fans can be really pathetic sometimes.

p.s.--aren't there alternative takes to some album cuts as well? We haven't heard all of those yet. And there's stuff on here that has only been released on vinyl in the past. And you're bitching???

Matthew_Page2000, have you learned any social skills in your life? Seriously?

There's no need for the level of disrespect you spew.

I looked back on the list of songs and see that it does include the extended versions of Pride and 4th of July from the UK 12 inch. Compare the timings with the album versions. I remembered another 2 songs not included though. One and Unchained Melody live from Sydney were released on a compilation cd around 1997, but are not included here. It seems that almost every missing recording from The Complete U2 was originally eleased on compilations.

Matthew_Page2000 said:
This is kind of sad. If I had told the lot of you one month ago that U2 would be officially releasing 6 unreleased tracks you all would have soiled your pants. Now you're bitching about it. Bitching about the opportunity to hear 6 songs NO one outside of the the U2 inner circle has ever heard.
Stop sniveling for cripes sake. If you don't want to buy the whole shebang for $150 just illegally download the new songs like you did for HTDAAB.
U2 fans can be really pathetic sometimes.

p.s.--aren't there alternative takes to some album cuts as well? We haven't heard all of those yet. And there's stuff on here that has only been released on vinyl in the past. And you're bitching???

OK, we aren't upset because of the new songs, we are upset because they are only available legally to us if we spend 150 dollars on songs we already have.

Murray said:

OK, we aren't upset because of the new songs, we are upset because they are only available legally to us if we spend 150 dollars on songs we already have.

Exactly.

I think its great they are doing this, but they didnt take into account that A LOT of us have 90% of this stuff legally already and just want the stuff we don't have and cant get it because 95% of that stuff is only available when you buy the whole thing.

Im not shelling out $150 for a digital collection that has 4 copies of the same song repeated all over the place.

I for one, hate this, Im from mexico and can't buy anything on itunes. I hope some of you take pitty on us rest-of-the-worlders and give us a hand. cheers!!!!!

I still have a $50 off coupon I will give to someone if they hook me up with some of the rare stuff, but keep in mind if you want my $50 OFF you have to have a way to rip your tracks to mp3 to get to me. I do not want to hassel with the AAC authorizing issues. LET ME KNOW, this could save someone planning on spending the money anway $50.

I read a few posts where people have said that they only want a few of the songs from the "Complete". You can get any song from it that you want for 99 cents each. I bought Fast Cars this morning for 99 cents which turned out to be useless cause I then went out and bought the Collectors edition from Best Buy which had Fast Cars on it anyway.

neutral said:
You can't buy the songs from the "unreleased and rare" section individually.

Oh ok. I bought Fast Cars by itself this morning and assumed that the rest of the set was also available individually. Sorry for the misinformation.

I just bought the whole catalogue. Damn, it took hours to download... :lol:
Anyway, all I got now is a computer which is about the crash because of the gigabytes this thing ate :huh:

Some spoilers ahead....

There is a booklet you can download with it...
These are MP4 files.
The unreleased tracks are incredible. There the Xanax And Red Wine which is in fact..... fast cars...
There is this version of SYCMIOYO without the chorus....
There is Native Son on there, which is basically Vertigo.
There is an alternative version of Yahweh. There is an alternative version of ABOY (which to me is better than the album version) Boy boy boy. I have paid 150 euro's for this and now I'm forced to delete a bunch of tracks because otherwise I won't be able to do anything on this computer....
:mad:

Please make sure you have a supercomputer!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom