MERGED --> I did it again............ + apology

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
I did it again............

Once again I'm guilty of stupid posts in FYM. We were having a debate on the controversy over the Danish cartoons, and meanwhile I was having a really nerve-wracking encounter with Yahoo over some billing stuff for my site. I posted some notes that made no sense during this. Looking back at them now it's embarrassing.:reject: :help: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

No the posts made sense, it is a debatable point that religious beliefs are important and self-censorship can be expected from polite company.

I do not hold to that and am intent on offending religious beliefs - the "deserve it" comment was not aimed towards you, rather every dimwit jihadist wannabe who became enraged by the cartoons to the point of death threats or actual murder.

Thanks A_Wanderer, I'm not trying to turn this place into FYM but I'm normally not that touchy if someone says "Fuck the Pope" and as you know I'm a practicing Catholic. In fact, one of my best friends frequently does say "Fuck the Pope", and my own brother probably does all of the time but not around me.

Hey verte, no sweat :hug:

BTW, I drove through Birmingham on Saturday. I'm jealous of your spring. You guys actually have grass and leaves.

^ ^ :yes:
VertigoGal said:
I regret half the things I post, don't worry about it. :wink:
Yup, I think this pretty much goes for most of us. And probably half the time the posts we think are crap are the ones other people find most interesting. Anyways, other than trigger bite-their-head-off-posts, it's better to speak up while the thought's on your mind than to never say anything because you can't figure out the perfect way to say it.

Yeah, I can be pretty touchy about Muslims because I they do alot of my favorite art. I'm heavily influenced by Islamic art, and I respect the people who did it, needless to say. But no one's religious beliefs are beyond criticism, and that's where I screwed up. But heck, I don't care that one of my friends is quite fond of saying "Fuck the Pope". I have to respect his right to say that or we're talking trouble.

it's ok. i think i still suffer from the horrible reputation i gave myself years ago here, and that there are some people who just look for the bad in me everytime i post.

it's my own fault though.

Back
Top Bottom