MERGED->Dashboard Confessional / to open in September!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

onebloodonelife

Blue Crack Addict
Dashboard Confessional to open in September!

On their official site, Dashboard Confessional has announced that they are opening from Sept. 12th through the 25th. I'm excited because they are one of my favorite bands and I will get to see two of my favorite bands in one night!

September 12-25? Didn't The Thrills just announce they were opening those dates? Or did I miss a retraction of that overnight?

Axver said:
September 12-25? Didn't The Thrills just announce they were opening those dates? Or did I miss a retraction of that overnight?

Could be they both play, two bands have supported on nights in Europe...

September? Whew! Once again, I don't have to worry about sitting through a band I don't like. :wink:

These'll be the fourth and fifth shows I've been to for which Dashboard is opening. I can't wait to fucking kill myself. How the fuck did we go from The Pixies to this heinous shit...??? And I thought it was torturous to sit through The Fun Luvin' Criminals back in '97...how much worse it could get, I did not then understand.

I think DC sucks, but it will be interesting to hear them because they just finished a new album that was produced by none other than Daniel Lanois.

Axver said:

That was on their Web site for a while, but then got taken off.

I'm hoping the same thing will happen with Dashboard Confessional. I'd almost rather have Keane for an opener and I hate Keane.

Im really not into the whole Emo thing. A bad choice. Im still going to try to go to the minneapolis show, though.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
ugh, I'd rather have Keane.

I'd rather the band just forego an opening act entirely and play Lou Reed's Metal Machine Music over the PA for an hour. Believe me: it won't be as bad as Dashboard.

anyone know who's opening on dec 12?

i saw kings of leon in boston, and they were ok... but then again i wasnt really paying attention because i just wanted u2...

and all of you in europe.. you guys got some of the best bands. no more complaints!! :ohmy:

How utterly awful.

I don't need to listen to songs about the oppressed upper middle class white teenage boys, thanks.

If I didn't have GAs, I'd skip this for sure.

When it rains it pours...Montreal gets Arcade Fire and I have to listen to Dashboard F***ing Confessional? Good G-d.

Hawkfire said:
When it rains it pours...Montreal gets Arcade Fire and I have to listen to Dashboard F***ing Confessional? Good G-d.

Just curious, why are you even going to a show? (I'm asking because of this post and your last post in the news section).

Dashboard is wrong for a U2 opener. I say this as someone who likes emo and Dashboard. DC does play to the audience more than KoL though, for example.

anitram said:
How utterly awful.

I don't need to listen to songs about the oppressed upper middle class white teenage boys, thanks.

If I didn't have GAs, I'd skip this for sure.

LOL!!!

I remember blind buying their CD and turning it off after the 1st song. I felt like I was in the OC with over dramatic problems like not being invited to the big weekend party or only having enough money to buy 5 outfits.

This is the ultimate irony! Last year I was mercilessly attacking my roommates for loving Dashboard Confessional and telling them how much better bands like U2 are.

And now I get to see them open for U2??!!!:mad: :huh: :madspit: :laugh:

I've never heard of them... What kind of music is it? Some people here seems to love them and others are really unhappy...

DC is classified as an emo band, which is basically the cheesy, unwarranted emotional subcategory of punk music.

-by the way, good to see you oceane

FullonEdge2 said:
DC is classified as an emo band, which is basically the cheesy, unwarranted emotional subcategory of punk music.

-by the way, good to see you oceane

Hmm... never heard of a category of music called 'emo' either... I must be getting old now! But your description makes me feel like Simple Plan of whatever other teenage crap punkish pop band. Would that be right?

Good to see you too, FullonEdge2, but, have we ever met? (Sorry, I'm really bad with names, even worst with screen names...)

oceane said:

Hmm... never heard of a category of music called 'emo' either... I must be getting old now! But your description makes me feel like Simple Plan of whatever other teenage crap punkish pop band. Would that be right?

Good to see you too, FullonEdge2, but, have we ever met? (Sorry, I'm really bad with names, even worst with screen names...)

Yes, Simple Plan would fall under that category, but DC is even more extreme in the category and less mainstream punk. Sorry if that makes you feel old! I was actually educated about this genre only a few months ago.

No, we really haven't met but it's been a while since I've been on these boards and I remember you. That sounds kind of spooky, doesn't it? I remeemmbbeeerr yoouuu.

FullonEdge2 said:

Yes, Simple Plan would fall under that category, but DC is even more extreme in the category and less mainstream punk. Sorry if that makes you feel old! I was actually educated about this genre only a few months ago.

No, we really haven't met but it's been a while since I've been on these boards and I remember you. That sounds kind of spooky, doesn't it? I remeemmbbeeerr yoouuu.

Oh well, I'm excited about the Toronto shows anyways! (although the fact that I will be missing Arcade Fire and U2 in my hometown and see this band instead sucks)

Nothing spooky about remembering people from the boards, I also 'know' a lot of people here that I've never met. Plus I haven't been around here much this summer either. I only asked specifically because I thought maybe we had met before. I met quite a few Interferencers in person during the first leg and I don't always match faces with screen names (or real names):wink:

oceane said:
I've never heard of them... What kind of music is it? Some people here seems to love them and others are really unhappy...

put me under the category of being really unhappy...

I'm quite happy..I like the emo myself...nothing wrong with that..first concert experince was in fact "taste of chaos" in Toronto last March...bands included The Used (Bad show for them though.) My Chemical Romance, and the band that stole the show Underoath..anyway, enough talking about that..Dashboard should be good.

Back
Top Bottom