MERGED --> Bono Shades Continued

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2dot said:

Is this model from the Live8 gig?

I'm still not convinced it is even after I've worn them now for the last week and a half. In certain light it is a very close match, but I'm sure the ones Bono wore at Live 8 were custom made and the lenses are slightly different than the 6LBD6 greenies that have been released for sale to the public. In fact, it appears that the green ones he's been wearing since the tour ended are the 6LBD6 - not the ones he wore at Live 8. All that being said, I highly recommend these. Personally, I love 'em (that is, once you scrub off the RED label!).

I think it was used at LIVE 8. No reason to make a custom greenfaded to him. That would not be a business to EA :D But if Iam wrong, who cares. It looks fokin gorgeous!

BTW, I removed the RED logo with a acetone free nail polish remover.

just got my g49 D&G's(thank you mr lemon)-cant belive i didnt get these before-they totally rock!
any pair that has see thru eyes is what i like
so with the greenies last week and the D&G this week-im very happy......little things in life like see thru sunglasses-just thought i would let you guys know...lol

If anybody intends to buy the faded-green Armanis, check ebay item #8282974749. They are unworn and -best of all- they don't seem to have the RED logo...

Just ordered the pink Armani 9285 from unitedshades. Have been getting tired of wearing my fade gray. Do you guys think it's possible to paint the pink earpiece black using permanent marker? I don't want people think that I am gay, not that there is anything wrong with that.

Last edited:
thomas64
-there isnt anything worng with that.....
i used to be able to hide the pink in my hair until i cut it off but what i di ddo and worked like a charm was to tightly wrap black electrical tape on the pink arms. this way when you take the tape off you just have to clean the glue a little

Thanks for the tip badger, I will try the black tape. I have a question though, how do you cover the very tip part with the tape?

are you talking about the very end of the tape?-the seam?i made sure my seam ended on the inside, if your tape makes a white seam you can color that with a marker im sure

I thought you would wrap it the way hockey player wrap their hockey stick. With the tape going round and round at a slight angle. I think that'll work.

my EA just arrived..I ordered from otticalook,aceton nail polish is works!!!Do u think I should order D&G too?need some advice..

Hi! My first post here :)

I Just received the Emporio Armani 9285 early this morning and... WOW! I love this shades! I have some pics in my blog. The RED logo don't seems ugly in the color KJ1 NA (dark blue)

Does anybody know what shades are these?

Shades.jpg

ooks like the dark brown/green ea's-under the glass, above his cheek appears to be a slight greenish shadow????i have this pair and they are this super dark

Does anyone have a pair they'd like to sell? Like maybe one that you've got two of, or one that you have in two colors & you like the other color better, or even a pair you just don't wear anymore. :D

I can't afford most of these when they're new, and I haven't been satisfied with the knock-offs on ebay in the last few weeks....

My pink Armanis just arrived this morning, what an awesome color. The red logo is barely visible at all when I put them on, so I dont think I am gonna bother removing it and risk scratching it. I'll try to post some pic of it later.

Yes, those are the fade grey. I got myself a couple of Magic Erasers just for my pink armanis, but now I don't think I am going to use them because I kinda like the red logo. :p Guess I'll find some other use for those magic erasers.

arturogas said:
I'm going to do a trip to Atlanta georgia anyone knows where I can find the Armani's 9285 astore near the downtown would be fine

I don't know of a store downtown, but you can probably find them at Phipps Plaza and Lenox Square Mall. They are located out Peachtree Street a few miles from downtown but are easily accesible via MARTA (Atlanta's rail system.) Just take MARTA north to Lenox station. Lenox Mall is right there and Phipps Plaza is across the street.

I know this has been asked already, but I forget...What colour is the pair of D&G Bono wears in the official Vertigo video? Isn't it the same pair he wears while on the flatbed truck in NYC? Also the same as that promo pic where the band is standing in front of a wall and Bono is turned to his right? I just love how blue those shades can get.

How do they adjust in different lighting situations?

Well, the ones with the blue reflection is actually what he wore at the NYC truck. The lens is actually light grey tinted.
Mod Nr 2138 color Nr is G47

anybody interested in selling or trading anything from their sunglass collection?-
im looking for bvlgari 519/611 in different colors and romeos-i have some im thinking about getting rid of
thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom