MERGED-->Billy Joel Appreciation and Tour Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love Billy Joel! Growing up my dad and I used to sing his songs together on car rides.

We went to his concert together too. It was my first really big show. I remember ever bit of that night I thought my dad was so cool for taking me :giggle:

sami0201 said:
is it true that he's only playing classical music on this tour? :huh:
that's what one of my friends heard...and tickets for my show go on sale tomorrow! :uhoh:

OK, if that's the case I'm going to sell my tickets.

ok I looked everywhere on the internet and see no mention of classical music anywhere...I don't know where he heard it

looks like I'm buying tickets tomorrow :up:

I'd be very surprised if he did a tour of classical music on the heels of released that new box set recently. Here's to hoping I can hear all the oldie goodies.

Flippin' Out Right Now

I just got LOGE 14 row 12 seat 15 for Billy Joel on Jan 30th. Wow!!! Tomorrow I am gonna check out my seat. I am gonna be there tomorrow and Monday anyways.....

SMB

I am sure for BJ you will be able to get tickets throughout the day. That's how it was with the first shows. You will still be able to get good seats when ticketmaster lossens up I am sure. I hope you get to see Billy! I got Dave Matthews tickets today as well for Manchester.

SMB

Yes...Thankfully I already have tickets to 1 show but he added another and all I pulled was rear stage and the 400s now I can't get in at all :angry:

I'm going to merge this with the existing Billy Joel thread b/c no one will be able to tell what this thread is about judging from the title alone.

thought I should bring this back up :wink:

saw him on Saturday, he was great :drool: Played a ton of oldies/stuff that he never played before

here's the setlist:

Piano Man
Everybody Loves You Now
Miami 2017 (Seen the Lights Go Out on Broadway)
Laura
Allentown
New York State of Mind
Stiletto
Zanzibar
The Great Wall of China
All For Leyna
Sometimes a Fantasy
Sleeping With the Television On
She's Right on Time
Movin' Out (Anthony's Song)
The Night Is Still Young
Big Man on Mulberry Street
Where's the Orchestra?
Keeping the Faith
I Go to Extremes
We Didn't Start the Fire
Big Shot
You May Be Right

River of Dreams
Only the Good Die Young
Scenes from an Italian Restaurant
Famous Last Words

DSC02402.jpg

:yes: My parents (who have seen him at least 10-15 times) every time he'd say what the song was gonna be they'd be like :shocked: :lmao:

I mean, who expected Stiletto or Sleeping With the Television On?!! stuff like that was :faint:

he did leave out some stuff I would have liked to hear since it's my first time seeing him, but he was amazing :drool:

Oh god Oh god.. I'm actually going to hear fucking Piano Man in person live. holy shit!!!!!!!! i'm going to be a basketcase for half of that show.

How was his voice?

:lol: I almost died when it started :faint: I never expected it to be the first song and then you heard the piano and it was like :combust:

for the first song his voice wasn't as good as usual and I was a little disappointed (but I had to remember it was his first performance in a few years), but as the show progressed it got so much better :drool: He sounded amazing as usual. All For Leyna was incredible :faint:

and his piano spun around really slowly so he would be facing everyone, and he told the people who were behind him at first that he's sorry but at least they could see their reflection in his head now :lmao: But then it turned- really cool :up: and he spoke to the crowd a lot- almost between every song...that was cool too.

and he has keyboards on both ends behind the stage so he plays to the people behind the stage too

I can try to upload video clips if you want :shifty:

I'm sorry - it's just that my loins are screaming right now. Sorry. :reject:

No video clips for me, this is a show that I've waited a lifetime to see and I need for every second to be surprise. :heart:

sami0201 said:
:lol: that's ok :wink:

When are you going? I hope you have a great time :)

2/2 here in NYC at MSG. I can't frackin wait. That I have tix at all is blowing my mind on a daily basis and think I'll prolly have to see another show just to keep up the momentum and excitement. I'm gonna be a basketcase.

piano man to start :hmm: i guess it could work.

quite the turn around... it's always been the show closer.

i've seen billy twice, both at the nassau coliseum... once when i was like 12 on new year's eve, one other time in like 11th grade on a regular tour night.

he puts on a great show.

i don't have tickets to the garden shows yet... but i'm sure by his final show in march i'll end up catching a show.

kinda waiting to see if any long island shows go on sale though... billy on long island is like u2 in dublin, or bruce in jersey.

it's a celebration, bitches.

he's got 9 shows at MSG as of now... but you can still find single tickets to the shows. they'll all sell out by show time, but it does look like he's a lock to outdraw U2's Vertigo tour stand.

i wonder if he plans on shooting for springsteen's 10 show stand :hmm:

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase said:

kinda waiting to see if any long island shows go on sale though... billy on long island is like u2 in dublin, or bruce in jersey.

it's a celebration, bitches.

:yes: We're from Long Island (just moved a few years ago) and my parents have never seen him anywhere but there or the garden...and they actually said how it is a different feel- it's the hometown crowd!

with 10 shows at MSG I doubt he'll add more at the colliseum..but ya never know!

HelloAngel said:
I really wish he was doing Honesty or Vienna - maybe he'll switch up the setlist a bit. :sad:

I'm sure he will :yes:

I wanted to see Vienna too :sad:

:lol: Headache...I don't know anyone from there who isn't a Billy fan :yes: you live on the island? what area?

Back
Top Bottom