MERGED ----> Arcade Fire - Neon Bible

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
angelordevil said:

1.99 GIGAWATTS OF GOODNESS!!! :drool:

or 1.21 JIGAWATTS

faktenearthday2.jpg

Nah. Never been to Consitution Hall. Should be alright though. I like small venues. I wish they were playing the 9:30 Club instead though.

I liked the Tower in Philly, but I find the sound to be pretty poor. :tsk: I think that's reason enough to try elsewhere. :shrug: Plus DC is a full hour less of a drive.

And yeah, small venues > large venues.

OK, I'm 99.9% sure that I'm going to be getting tix for DC now. They go on sale February 24, so I'll be here, in my chair, clicking away wildly at 10 AM on ticketmaster. If anyone needs me for something, that's where I'll be. Hold my calls.

annie_vox said:
Ok... reading this thread is not doing any good to me:( when are they comming to Europe? Soon please...

03/05 Dublin, Ireland Olympia
03/06 Dublin, Ireland Olympia
03/08 Manchester, England Apollo
03/09 Manchester, England Apollo
03/11 Glasgow, Scotland Barrowlands
03/12 Glasgow, Scotland Barrowlands
03/14 London, England Brixton Academy
03/15 London, England Brixton Academy
03/16 London, England Brixton Academy
03/17 London, England Brixton Academy
03/19 Paris, France Olympia
03/20 Paris, France Olympia
03/23 Stockholm, Sweden Circus
03/24 Oslo, Norway Centrum Scene
03/25 Copenhagen, Denmark Vega
03/27 Berlin, Germany Postbahnhof
03/28 Munich, Germany Elserhalle
03/31 Lyon, France Transbordeur
04/01 Cologne, Germany E- Live Music Hall
04/02 Utrecht, Netherlands Vredenburg
04/04 Brussels, Belgium Halles de Schaerbeek
04/05 Lille, France L'Aeronef

Every show in Europe is pretty much sold out, why did they play such small venues? they sold out in less than 30 minutes. Oh and charging double the price for the Ireland gig as everywhere else...not nice, could of at least played one big gig on a night I didn't have exams

^^ Yeah... I'm doing some research and that's right... I think they don't know that they're very popular here... Lets make them know that and maybe then they play more gigs or bigger venues.

I don't get the whole argument that Funeral is more intense than Neon Bible. Lyrically, Neon Bible is more macabre and there's no place to take a breath. Yeah, on Funeral there were some VERY intense tracks that just kept COMING like Power Out and Wake Up, but there were many quieter, more chilled tracks that gave you a chance to relax for a few minutes. On Neon Bible, it's just one thumping rocker after another, and each song (except the title track), no matter how slow it starts, climaxes into something arena-ready.

This is not a bad thing, of course. After listening to the album 3-4 times, I'd give it an 8/10. Not as good as Funeral, but still pretty damn great. As for favorites:

Classics:
1. Keep The Car Running
2. No Cars Go

Fantastic:
3. Windowsill
4. Ocean of Noise
5. Black Mirror

Good:
6. Black Wave/Bad Vibrations
7. Intervention
8. My Body Is A Cage

Still on the fence:
9. Neon Bible
10. The Well And The Lighthouse (I love the last minute of it, but the rest is really drab)
11. Antichrist Television Blues

EDIT: forget what I said before. My Body Is A Cage is at least as good as Intervention, so in the good section it goes.

Last edited:
Lancemc said:
Lemon, three of your "still on the fence" songs are in my top 4 for the album :wink:

Yeah, I know. Those songs are popular here. :giggle: I think MBIAC could slip into the good side of the fence, depending on my mood, and they're all pretty bearable. The only song I just don't get is Antichrist Television Blues...it sounds like the same thing over and over for 5 minutes. :huh: There's not even any variation in the tempo.

ok, bitches!!!

the sold-out concert here in copenhagen was moved to a larger venue. i just managed to get a ticket. cannot wait :drool:

:rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:

Oh man, after further listening, here's how I rank the songs:

1. No Cars Go
2. My Body is a Cage
3. Intervention
4. Black Mirror
5. Keep the Car Running
6. Black Wave / Bad Vibrations
7. The Well and the Lighthouse
8. Windowsill
9. Ocean of Noise
10. Antichrist Television Blues
11. Neon Bible

The last 3 are still good, but I haven't drooled over them like the rest of the songs.

That being said, I think this album is definitely more solid than Funeral, but if Funeral was wide-eyed innocence than Neon Bible is biting cynicism. It's the logical progression for the band, everything's falling into place for them.

I like the album better than I like Funeral, and I liked Funeral.

Intervention remains my favorite song on the album. I really like Antichrist Television Blues, actually, though I agree that it's repetitive, sonically. I still like it, enjoy the lyrics and such.

I likee No Cars Go a lot, but, feel like it suffers a little towards the end; it starts so damned well.

Neon Bible is last for me as well, LMP.

Anyway, am hoping to see them Live somewhere on the West Coast.

My favorite part of No Cars Go is the first 7 seconds.

It sounds like someone drawing the curtains up for a performance in a old theatre. Then a tuba? (is it a tuba? a bassoon?) blows and soon after that the song stampedes into action.

Baroque Pop at it's finest.

Back
Top Bottom