MERGED-->Anyone else get a email from TM today regarding Presale?+Ticketmaster email

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well this is pretty messed up. Congrats to those of you that are getting your tickets, you deserve them.

So those of us that settled for crappy seats during the presale are now stuck with them while everyone else gets GA's. :sigh:

cmb737 said:
Tried to start a new thread but Sicy killed it.

Sorry.. the discussion is already going on here. Just trying to keep some organization.

Wonderful news!! Good to see that things are turning around. Hopefully, they will fix the bugs for the 3rd leg.

In my opinion, without the uproar, this wouldn't be happening. Don't get me wrong... I couldn't be happier. There are still people that are screwed though. The ones who gave in and bought the bad seats that were being served up in the presale. They don't get another chance. I would have been one of those people except I got extremely lucky in the general sale. I'm not complaining, but there will be those that do and I don't blame them.

its ok...no harm done. Just trying to spread the word at the request of some of the previous posters in here. :wink:

msbarb said:
In my opinion, without the uproar, this wouldn't be happening. Don't get me wrong... I couldn't be happier. There are still people that are screwed though. The ones who gave in and bought the bad seats that were being served up in the presale. They don't get another chance. I would have been one of those people except I got extremely lucky in the general sale. I'm not complaining, but there will be those that do and I don't blame them.

What do we think happens to the folks who didn't complain via email to TM, and just didn't get any tickets?

I wonder...

I received the ticketmaster letter since I was affected by the presale mess and replyed back. (Which was Ticketmasters fault. I got an error message after hitting the submit button. I didnt feel that I was in any position to blast U2 in my experinces with them.) They shortly called be back and offered me two GA tickets which is legit. I have the confirmation and everything and was able to look up my order on their website. I was also able to cancel my previous order from the public sale of some not so great seats.

Dear Valued Customer:
Response to U2's Fan Club pre-sale has been phenomenal. U2, U2.com, Clear Channel and Ticketmaster are cooperating to do everything possible to help fans who had difficulty trying to purchase during the presale.

Our records indicate that you tried unsuccessfully to use your unique code to obtain tickets during our recent pre-sale for U2.com subscribers.

If you were unable to complete your fan club pre-sale ticket transaction and are still interested in attending the event, please e-mail us the following information before Tuesday, February 1, 2005. While we cannot guarantee availability of tickets, we will do our best to accommodate legitimate requests in response to this e-mail on a first come first serve basis.

REPLY TO THIS E-MAIL WITH THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
- Your U2.com Passcode
- The best phone number to contact you
- The venue and date you were trying to attend
We will have a representative contact you in the next 48 hrs.
Important notes:
- Your reply e-mail must come from the e-mail address we sent this mail to.
- Please be certain to have your U2.com subscriber code in hand so that we can verify your subscription.
We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Thank you,
Ticketmaster

Edit Your Sig | Sig Edit (Staff) | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

msbarb said:

True, w/o complaints to TM and U2, this doesn't happen.

partygirl33 said:

What do we think happens to the folks who didn't complain via email to TM, and just didn't get any tickets?

I wonder...

uggggh.. It would be nice to think that Ticketmaster could pull the information of everyone who used a pre-sale code, but didn't buy any tickets. That would cover all the angles.

Yeah, I am the first to admit that I bought up a lot of bad tickets and wish that there was a better solution.

I think (and this may be rose colored) there is two ways you can feel about this. You can recognize some honor in the way that U2 has responded (albeit slow, not perfect). Or you can not. You can rationalize everything to greed.

I choose that they have for whatever reason accepted responsiblity (AGAIN...ACCEPTED RESPONSIBILITY) and taken steps to correct the situation.

cmb737 said:
You can recognize some honor in the way that U2 has responded (albeit slow, not perfect). Or you can not. You can rationalize everything to greed.

I choose that they have for whatever reason accepted responsiblity (AGAIN...ACCEPTED RESPONSIBILITY) and taken steps to correct the situation.

Personally, I don't even think this response has been slow. It hasn't even been a week since the presale.

cmb737 said:
I think (and this may be rose colored) there is two ways you can feel about this. You can recognize some honor in the way that U2 has responded (albeit slow, not perfect). Or you can not. You can rationalize everything to greed.

I'm impressed that they were able to respond quickly enough to make this right on THIS leg of the tour. This is such an exciting development. Definitely faith-restoring stuff!

The only people I ended up really complaining to was ticketmaster becasue due to them I lost some decent seats due to an error page and wasn't able to resue my password because of it. They did reset it later that night but I didn't buy any tickets because they were crappy nose bleed seads and I have had much better seats in the past. I'm not sure I would have gotten the letter and then in return called me if I had gone ahead and bought the crappy seats.

Ticketmaster and U2 are trying.

What makes me sick is all the tickets the ticket brokers gobbled up and are trying to sell for 3 times the amount.

adamgirl said:
What makes me sick is all the tickets the ticket brokers gobbled up and are trying to sell for 3 times the amount.

Yes, undeniable that this is the worst angle of the entire story and still needs attention no doubt!

My wife cried when my presale code got deactivated. It was a great phone call to call her at work and tell her the news of us having opening night GAs. Worth all the heartache between now and then to hear her scream with delight!

That is what it is all about. To me, U2 shows have always been about the surprising and unthinkable happening.

Rolling up to the venue and seeing Adam standing on the sidewalk talking with 2 fans. Hearing the extra verse of With or Without You for the first time live. Actually crossing into the Heart for the VERY FIRST TIME.

Damn all things said, its good to be a U2 fan. We could be bitching about Hillary Duff tickets.

Seriously...I can't even begin to think of the nightmare of collecting and batching these email addresses...OMG.

They have moved pretty quickly...

cmb737 said:
MrBrau1...where is BostonMike4444 now and his burned CD's?

He's burning his car, cause it wouldn't start. Or smashing his coffee table to splinters, cause he stubbed his toe on it. Or throwing a lamp out the window, cause the bulb burnt out.

Last edited:
Ticketmaster and U2 have totally redeemed themselves. They just called me and sold me 2 GA tickets for the exact date I wanted. I honestly couldn't be happier.

gorman said:
Ticketmaster and U2 have totally redeemed themselves. They just called me and sold me 2 GA tickets for the exact date I wanted. I honestly couldn't be happier.

Couldn't agree more. Hmm...was this all a plot to make people love U2 even more than before? Hero in distress thing?

Ticketmaster still needs work though, lets be honest. It ain't a walk in the park, as they say. Unless the park is in Trenton, NJ.

David...which show, btw?

msbarb said:
*raises hand* That's me. But hey, ya can't win them all.

Notice that I don't seem too bothered by that. Let me tell you, if I wouldn't have snagged those GAs in the public sale, I would be a lot more pissed. Somehow GAs heal all wounds. :shrug: :D

Now I just want my $40 back. :lol:

If this was really a case of technical glitches and not allocating enough tickets, maybe there is hope for the 3rd leg...

Sicy said:
Well this is pretty messed up. Congrats to those of you that are getting your tickets, you deserve them.

So those of us that settled for crappy seats during the presale are now stuck with them while everyone else gets GA's. :sigh:

I e-mailed TM anyway this evening. I don't know if anything will come of it (but it couldn't hurt to try I figure :shrug: ). You should mention the 90 minute delay we had getting into TM for the pre-sale, I thought that might help too.

You will still be able to use your presale code again I assume. Hopefully they have ironed out a lot of things. Only ones unaffected by this solution are the ones that bought tickets they didn't really want because they thought it was the best they would get.

My heart goes out. :sad:

gorman said:

Congrats!!

OMG this is such great news!!

Hmm..What time did they call you? You are an hour behind NYC, right?

cmb737 said:
Only ones unaffected by this solution are the ones that bought tickets they didn't really want because they thought it was the best they would get.

My heart goes out. :sad:

I am seriously pissed off. I have been a fan for 18 years and this is what I get. They should let us trade :mad:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom