MERGED -- > All Questions about GENERAL SALE Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
cash?

I feel so duuhhh regarding this sale!

My question is, I purchased two presale (crappy) seats on my cc for Boston...I'm planning to go to a TM outlet tomorrow and try for two GAs and pay with cash--that should be ok, right?

BTW, is anyone planning to go to a TM outlet in Massachusetts tomorrow?
Thanks...

I think my plan tomorrow is to go to the TM outlet in person and have my brother at home on the website. Then whenever one of us gets tickets, we immediately call to avoid any problems. So if I get them first at the store, I'll call and he'll get away from the website. Or if he gets them first, he'll call and I'll get out of line at the outler. I hope that works...

does anyone know anything about www.cc.com (the clear channel site)? tickets for US dates will be onsale there as well tomorrow morning. perhaps less traffic? less trouble? or is basically the same company as ticketmaster?

mrsmullen said:
does anyone know anything about www.cc.com (the clear channel site)? tickets for US dates will be onsale there as well tomorrow morning. perhaps less traffic? less trouble? or is basically the same company as ticketmaster?

It jsut tells you about the event and where you can buy tickets, but you cant buy the tickets there.

okay, i gotcha. looks like all the shows selling through TM have a link on cc.com to some kinda "cc.com with ticketmaster" page to purchase tickets. it looks a little differnt than just regular TM but i'm sure its all coming from the same place. too bad, i was hoping there would be an easy shortcut that not everyone knew about!:huh:

This in an a respose e-mail from ticketmaster:

The venue or artist/event management will typically impose a ticket limit per customer, credit card or address in order to provide ticket access to as many fans as possible. Ticket limits vary depending on the type of event or the anticipated demand for tickets. Check the event information area of the purchase page for more information on ticket limits for your event. Please adhere to published ticket limits. If we determine that a ticket limit has been exceeded, we may cancel an order, or part of an order, without notice, and may even cancel a ticket that has already been delivered rendering it unusable without notice.

does not really help out much....

Limit of two GAs for the WHOLE TOUR? What the hell? That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Fuck that.

Okay, so I got two crappy tickets for the presale, and tomorrow I want to try for GA tix...I'm gonna use my mom's credit card, name, and address. All of that information is different from my dad's, who got the tix in the presale. So, I should be good, right?

Two GAs for the WHOLE TOUR...wtf...one leg fine but the whole tour? Hell no.

This is what one of my friends posted on LiveJournal:

I just wanted to pass on some information in regard to ticket limitations. This afternoon, I telephoned Ticketmaster and spoke to a representative to ask about the ticket limitations in the United States. She said there is an 8 ticket limit per show, but that we can buy for as many venues as we wish. She put me on hold to doublecheck with her supervisor and returned with the information that there is no limitation on how many venues we can purchase for. She said we can purchase tickets for every venue and every date if we wish.

Axver said:

I just wanted to pass on some information in regard to ticket limitations. This afternoon, I telephoned Ticketmaster and spoke to a representative to ask about the ticket limitations in the United States. She said there is an 8 ticket limit per show, but that we can buy for as many venues as we wish. She put me on hold to doublecheck with her supervisor and returned with the information that there is no limitation on how many venues we can purchase for. She said we can purchase tickets for every venue and every date if we wish.

If I recall correctly this was how it was for Elevation, and makes more sense to me. (Although I think for Elevation there was a 6 ticket limit instead of 8.)

Axver said:

This is what I've been told by two TIcketmaster representatives as well (one in Boston, one in San Diego). She said the ticket limit applies to show and show only. And it's fine to purchase additional shows with the same credit card. And that's exactly what I plan on doing tomorrow!

I used ticketfast.. only $2.50 or so and I got the email with the tickets in it immediately.

Sicy said:
I used ticketfast.. only $2.50 or so and I got the email with the tickets in it immediately.

Me too. I even printed out the stupid tickets already, no use risking hard drive failure.

the rockin edge said:

How much is shipping for REAL tickets?

depends on what method you choose

you can do UPS but its expensive I think 3 day is 19 bucks

standard mail is free I believe

I gotta have real tickets so If Im lucky enough to score some tomorrow Ill be doing standard mail, never had a prob with Ticketmaster on that angle (knock on wood)

Does anyone know if it is ok if you show up in person and pay cash for a show you purchased tickets for already in the presale with a credit card? Also, if TM already mailed out your tickets can they cancel them?

If TM has mailed them you're screwed. Cannot be cancelled.

If you are paying cash in person how can they tell you used a credit card in the presale? You get your tickets right away when you buy in person.

More questions...my mind is running a mile a minute right now...

Since I was unable to purchase any GA's in the pre-sale (bought seats instead) does that still mean that if given the opportunity, I can purchase GA's tomorrow with the same card? (TM says 2 GA's plus 6 seats right?)

April ,

If I'm understanding things right, you cannot buy more than 2 GAs at ONE arena. If you were able to actually get through, you could buy 2 GAs for each US date on the same credit card.

If for some reason you wanted another GA ticket for San Jose, I think you can do it, but you can only buy ONE more. If you were lucky enough to get, say, 2 GAs in the presale to Chicago, you can't buy 2 more on Sat morning for GA - you could get 6 regular seats, but you already bought 2 GA for that venue on that date so you have reached that limit.

Basically, for the lucky bastards who got GA at their ideal venue during the presale, can't be greedy and go for more at the same place.

Last edited:
brkngrrl said:
Does anyone know if it is ok if you show up in person and pay cash for a show you purchased tickets for already in the presale with a credit card? Also, if TM already mailed out your tickets can they cancel them?

I'm pretty sure Ticketmaster can't cancel your tickets once they've mailed them. Ticketfast is good - cheap and sends the tickets via e-mail. The only problem with Ticketfast is if you want to get rid of them later on (through e-bay or whatever - if you get better seats or can't go) a lot of people won't buy the Ticketfast kind. The 3-day UPS delivery is around $14. I wouldn't trust U2 tickets in standard mail. The Ticketmaster standard mail delivery takes weeks.

My strategy for the public onsale is a little different - I'm gonna go for the highest-price range tickets only. Mainly because I can afford them and I'm a little older now and don't want to wait all day in line for GA. This frees up more GA tickets for the hard-core fans. I'm also hoping there might be a little less demand for the high-priced tickets but who knows.

BigMacPhisto said:
It all depends on how many Ticketmaster has illegally given to brokers to be honest.

Um, you mean Ticketbastard, right?

I hope the odds are better, too. My fear is that scalpers already have a good portion of the remaining GA's, and they're selling them on eBay at fairly reasonable prices--only to be snatched up by other scalpers who will sell them at twenty times (or more) face value.

Ticketbastard must go! Please, U2, handle the third leg better!

so, final say, is it alright for me to use the same credit card i used in the presale. in other words, the same ticketmaster account I have set up? I bought tickets to the philly show with my presale code, they were not GA tickets, regular seats. So will I be good, I'm looking for Boston GAs?

thanks. Another question, if I try to get the tickets by phone, which number should I call for the Boston show? the ticket outlet in Boston? Or is there like an overall 800 number?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom