Mercy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Convoy

Acrobat
I was reading an article the other day at Barns and Noble about the new Album, and it said that there was a point in which they running time was too long and that U2 cut two tracks. One of them, "Fast Cars" which we have heard about, yet the other "Mercy" we have heard nothing of. It said that it waas a very U2 song and Bono was quoted as saying "The best U2 b-side ever!' or something to that extent?

a magazine article said that Mercy was the best U2 b-side ever i believe.. i think they played it when they had the last press hearing... honestly though, if mercy was that good they should have kept it for their next album or their next best of because the boys are running out of time and it will be a real squeeze for them to get out a couple more albums before 2010 and i don't want the best of 2000-2010 to be composed of songs from only 2 1/2 albums (walk on, elevation, HTDAAB songs + Next Album) vs best of 1900-2000 being composed from 4 albums + extras (HMTMKMKM, Miss Sarajevo, Electrical Storm, Hands That Built America, AB, Zooropa, Pop, ATYCLB)

Last edited:
off-topic

I am still a little bitter that they put BD and SIAMTYCGOO on the 90s best of...they have no business there!!!

just my opinion...thanks

Hoodlem said:
off-topic

I am still a little bitter that they put BD and SIAMTYCGOO on the 90s best of...they have no business there!!!

just my opinion...thanks

I agree competely. The Fly, Lemon, or Please should have been included instead of BD and Stuck. Oh well.

I don't mind that but wish they'd put Ground beneath her feet and Stateless on it instead of Your blue room and Miss sarajevo.

Hope they make it to the next Best of.

Miss Sarajevo had to be on there. Please should have been on it. As should have Lemon. And TGBHF. Best solution would be to remove those damn atyclb songs and free up some space. Stateless woulda been nice, but not instead of Your Blue Room! that's a great track. It coulda easily replaced some remix or other. Oh well.

I think Elevation, Stuck, Walk On, Beautiful Day and Kite are all Best of Quality.

If I had my way they'd take off The Hands That Built America, HMTMKMKM, Staring at the Sun, and The First Time, and Miss Sarajevo.

And they would have added WGRYWH, Lemon, Please, Kite and Elevation.

:)

i love hands, staring at the sun, miss sarajevo, and i hate Lemon... so everyone has their preferences

and Elevation doesn't really count because the "hit" version of Elevation, which was the Tomb Raider Mix, wasn't released until 2001, they said that that version will be on the next best of though

Uhh, to get back to topic.

Re:Bono and his obvious Irish hyperbole.

"Mother of all rock songs" and countless other examples could be listed. "The best B-side ever" just means it's a good song, mmmkay? But you know Bono, he's never one for lack of exaggeration for effect or humor.

"Mercy" sounds like a song that I would really like to hear.:wink:

Like has been said here, maybe U2 not including this song on HTDAAB signifies that there might be at least one more album from U2!

Let's hope.:hyper:

Yes how could you remove a song like that? Its quintessential '90s U2! (how it did not make an album is incredible to me)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom