Men: help me to interpret this male behavior

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
whenhiphopdrovethebigcars said:
Lara/ Bonovox, you?re right. I can be quite rude.

It depends with who, you know.

When I respect a lady, - and normally I respect every woman on planet earth - I am very gentle. It depends on this lady, you know... some prefer to be called, have doors opened, have chairs in restaurants put at the right place, always feeling protected and cared for, etc. etc. - others don?t, it may put on their nerves. I show my respect with adjusting myself to her wishes.

On the other hand, when I get the feeling that someone?s just bitching around, like in a school class with little stories behind the backs of others, thats soooo fun, or trying to dis? friends who I like, I lose all the respect I could have had. Then, it doesn?t make any difference if its a boy or a girl - at the very least, I gently tell them to fuck off.

So your telling me to fuck off?

Someone said get a room as a joke.....bonosgirl was sarcastic that she didnt get it...but i thought she really didnt get it.....you were never mentioned

:|

I wasn?t telling you to fuck off, dear. I?m a gentleman and a generalist. No offense intended.

joyfulgirl YAY!! I'm so glad you called. :) Have an awesome time!!

As for hip hop and bonosgirl.. whatever, let them play. It goes on here all the time. And the get a room thing is a joke. Shit me and daafish have been told to get a room on more than one occasion. I just reply with a :p or something.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Joyfulgirl - what has happened? Any progression???

And as for you Sicy, when people here tell you and Daafish to go get a room, don't you two usually go get a room???

joyfulgirl said:

I called him already, we're going to dinner. You know, honestly, he wasn't giving off any big ego vibes. He seems kind of shy and down-to-earth and the guys I was with, who met him and talked to him also, thought that he was a good guy and that he seemed insecure about asking me out. My friend was hitting on him and moving in for the kill when he discovered the guy's straight and then introduced us. He said to me last night, jokingly, "Thank God I was there to hook you two shy people up--man, you heteros are pathetic sometimes." :lol: But who knows--I'll get back to you on that one. Maybe he's an asshole, maybe he's not. We'll see.

awwww....Shy guys are the best kind. :cute: From what he said to you when he called, it DOES sound like he was insecure/nervous about asking you out and didn't want to be completely rejected if he asked for your number.

Anyway, update, update! :hyper:

ouizy said:
but whatever happened to the days WHEN THE MAN ASKED FOR THE WOMAN'S PHONE NUMBER, AND THEN CALLED HER???

Look where those days have brought us? A bunch of straight women yearning for gay men and an over 50% divorce rate.

To hell with the past.

:sexywink:

Melon

Ok, here's a juicy little update.

You won't believe it. Except for ouizy.

A friend ran into a friend who he discovered used to date the guy. Apparently he's a super nice guy on the outside who happens to also be a pathological liar. He tells bad lies. Big bad lies. Horrifying lies. A search on google reveals he's also listed as a missing person in his native country.

I canceled the date and am hoping he won't stalk me.

As a consolation, a friend decided he wanted to fix me up with his neighbor. "A nice Jewish boy from Brooklyn I've known for 12 years, and a single dad" he said. Another friend was horrified by this saying, "No no no!! She cannot under any circumstances go out with him!! He's a freak!! Plus he's gay and won't come out! I know this for a fact!"

So. A handsome, nice Danish pathological liar.
Or a nice Jewish closeted gay man.
These are my dating options at the moment.

I'm stuck in a Sex & the City episode that I can't get out of.

End of story.

I'm taking hugs now.

daisybean said:
:shocked:

:hug:

He doesn't have your number or anything does he?

Well what harm is there in having dinner with the gay man? As long as you know that there won't be anything more than a possible friendship.

Yes, he has my phone number but not my address. Friend of friend said he is not threatening, just a liar.

I have breakfast/lunch/dinner/tea/movies with gay men everyday.

Oh, joyfulgirl, I?m sorry too.

BUT: Don?t forget gabrielvox. Rumors say he has a crush on you. If he?s single. We should find that out first, yeah.

*runs and hides*

OK OK OK

First off I give you a big hug jgirl for two reasons, one for your disappointment in this turn of events and two, for having the balls to break the date.

Now to be frank -

WHAT A FUCKER

No offense, of course, but I had a bad feeling about his guy from your first post, and I cannot say I am shocked to hear what you had to say about him (albeit a bit extreme.)

You need a good guy, maybe a nice Jewish boy, but one that is heterosexual, who will treat you right, and act in an appropriate way.

Where do you live again (I have the memory of a gnat), maybe I know someone...

:wink:

Yeah, it was kind of incredible, the synchronicity that went down that intercepted my sushi date with a psycho.

ouize wuz right.

I :heart: ouize.

:eyebrow:

joyfulgirl...good to hear you avoided a potential disaster....

hold your head up...there's plenty of other non-stalker types out there...

Back
Top Bottom