Man I think I listened to NLOTH to much.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shart1780

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I seriously listened to it around 30 times in the last few days. I'm starting to get worn out...

Time for some other music

Anyone else think they might have listened to it a little too much?

:doh: lol. This is what I want to avoid! I'm on my 4th listen now and hopefully I won't listen again till I get the official CD. I think I could probably make it. I'm already slightly saturated with Magnificent and MOS especially.

You'll be at the addiction clinic next "Hello my names shart1780, and I'm an addict, a NLOTH addict". I've got it on repeat play in the car. Good album!

Yeah, I had to take a break.. Been listening to it at the computer, had it in my car..

So I used an iTunes gift card and downloaded some Mason Proper, The Boxer Rebellion, Mountains and Broken Spindles.

Yeah, I've listened to it probably 10 times now. I think I need a breather now. I came down with a cold this weekend, so that probably has something to do with it. There's nothing like developing associations between music and feeling a bit sick. :sad:

I have to agree that it's already a bit too much for me after 3 listens or so. I'll give it a break for the next few days or maybe a week. :yes:

Dude, you've only heard it three times. You haven't even properly digested the thing yet! :sad:

I've been worrying about that too. I told myself I should stop listening to it until I get the CD into my hands, but I've been unable to stop :reject:

Now I'm listening to the U2.com stream which is of much higher quality than the original Mp3 we got, and it's like an entire new experience!

I should probably remove it from my iPod, that would help.

This reminds me that in the early years of my U2 obsession, I would from time go on 'U2 detox' where I would take all my U2 CDs, give them to a friend of mine and tell her she couldn't give them back to me before a month :lol:

This was necessary as I think for about 5 years I was listening to on average one U2 album a day. Seriously. And after I would have kept myself away from them for a while and would listen to them again, it was almost like the first time :drool:

My friends thought I was extremely weird:huh::wink:

I've heard it nonstop and am still wallowing in it, but yeah, I know the feeling. Turn on the radio, remind yourself how much crap there is polluting the airwaves these days, and then come back for more U2 :wink:

:doh: lol. This is what I want to avoid! I'm on my 4th listen now and hopefully I won't listen again till I get the official CD. I think I could probably make it. I'm already slightly saturated with Magnificent and MOS especially.

:tsk:

This wouldn't be happening if you had kept yourself pure. :tsk:

:wink:

My present listening habits are something like this: listen to NLOTH ten times, listen to an album by someone else, listen to NLOTH ten times, listen to a bit of back-catalog U2, listen to NLOTH ten times, listen to a U2 bootleg, repeat.

People, seriously, step away from your computer, iPod, cd player or whatever. :huh:

I've only listened to it three times.

You will get so sick of that album before it's even released.

If I eat my favourite meal each and every day and maybe three times a day it will soon be my least favourite one.

I think this obsession with the album is unhealthy. There is so much other music out there and so much different stuff to do.

I don't even have the time to listen to the album so often.

tried to listen to something else
but then I reckoned it just didn't sound as good as NLOTH so returned for the 35th listen :crack:

I deleted NLOTH off the computer after three full listens (and I kept coming back to Magnificent and MOS).

Dude, you've only heard it three times. You haven't even properly digested the thing yet! :sad:

Haha I just don't wanna wear myself out before the album is even out! Btw, why so sad in all your posts? Is it cos of the cold? Feel better! :hug:

:tsk:

This wouldn't be happening if you had kept yourself pure. :tsk:

:wink:

lol it would happen sooner or later anyway. :tongue:

I think this obsession with the album is unhealthy. There is so much other music out there and so much different stuff to do.

I don't even have the time to listen to the album so often.

Same here. And good for you, that means you have a life outside of U2! :wink:

tried to listen to something else
but then I reckoned it just didn't sound as good as NLOTH so returned for the 35th listen :crack:

Exactly. The thing is... I'm not getting tired of NLOTH... it keeps getting better. Hell, I started listening to AB and couldn't make it all the way through without wanting NLOTH instead. ACHTUNG BABY!

Fortunately, there's another artist I'm really into that's releasing an album this year, and he's put various demos up on the internets for me to enjoy.

But yeah, it's mainly NLOTH :reject: It's just so good! I've just sat down at the school library and am now starting up the album again. Two songs have passed... now the holy grail - Moment of Surrender :drool::drool:

Yeah...I've been listening to it waaaaay too much (tracks 5-7 excluded...I couldn't listen to those as much as I've been listening to the rest of it). It usually takes me a long time to get tired of music I really love.

I listened to some Beck/Elbow/Animal Collective. Good stuff. I've listened to NLOTH around 10 times by now. The great thing is that I didn't feel the need to skip any tracks including GOYB which I tried not to listen to too much when it first came out.

Another thing I do to cleanse my musical palette is to listen to some awesome classical music because radio just doesn't do it for me.

YouTube - Andsnes: Grieg Lyric Pieces Op 65, Wedding Day

I've listened like 12-13 times.
Listened to a lot of Bob Dylan too. I'm not worn out. Actually, I want to hear it again...

I'm also trying not to get burnt out. I've listened to it a LOT. Taking a break today. :wink:

Yep. Doesn't help that the 256 transcode rip gives me ear fatigue by Unknown Caller.

I'm thinking of getting a vinyl player. The variable bit mp3's are closer to the CD and it looks to be only slightly less loud than bomb. Bomb had clipping and this new album is loud but without clipping.

Yep. Doesn't help that the 256 transcode rip gives me ear fatigue by Unknown Caller.

The difference is really that big? I'm listening to the 256kbps and I'm not really finding anything wrong. Actually, it sounds a little "heavy" on the headphones, but I don't think it's such a big deal. Does the 320kbps version sounds a lot better? (I guess that LemonMelon haven't heard the 320 yet, so please someone answer me this)

Back
Top Bottom