Make Trade Fair Concert to support OXFAM

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dgirrrly

The Fly
Didn't know where to put this post?? :huh:

Just thought some people would want to know that on Thursday November 3 at the Avalon in Hollywood the Make Trade Fair Live A Concert to Support Oxfam (Oxfam is a leading member of the ONE campaign) concert is happening. Damian Marley, Good Charlotte, The Thrills, Akon and SPECIAL GUESTS. Now I don't want to cause a riot or anything but this show falls between the LA and Vegas shows and there are going to be "Special Guests" and Oxfam is part of the ONE campaign, get my drift. Anyway, the tix are on sale now through Ticketmaster. Who knows, so I'm going!! If anything it will be a good nite
:huh:

Actually, it says "Very Special Guests". I don't know if Chris Martin would be worthy of the Very.:tongue:

Part of me thinks there's no way at least Bono isn't showing up for this thing. It's no coincidence that Damian Marley is going to be there too. But another part of me agrees with Ouizy above--maybe the event isn't big enough. I mean Bono at the AVALON? That would just be crazy, the place is so small. I saw a fan club only R.E.M. show there a couple years ago and it was tres intimate.

who else qualifies as 'very special guests' :hmm:

The Rolling Stones roll into town on Friday..., but they are off on 11/2 :hmm:

I'm sure Bono will be at this, as the show is also being filmed, unless U2 is doing like in the Spring and staying in Mexico between shows for tax reasons.

Is it true that they had been using Toronto as their base between the shows in September and October?

I can't speak for the US, but they always film the Make Trade Concerts in Britain regardless of who's on the bill.

Bono hasn't really associated himself directly with the Make Trade Fair concerts/organisation before, has he? I associate that more with Coldplay and R.E.M.

FYI, the concert last year for MTF here was adveritsed has having 'special guests' too, and the special guest ended up being Chris Martin (he performed with R.E.M during 'Man On The Moon').

Whether Bono makes an appearance at the concert or not, the issue of Fair Trade with developing nations is one of the MOST IMPORTANT issues facing poor nations today.

It's a great concert to support - with or without Bono's presence.

He'll be there in spirit.:angel:

Bono IS a supporter of Oxfam's MTF campaign. In fact, he appeared in Oxfam MTF promotional material earlier this year all about being "dumped" on. You may remember seeing the three or four pictures of Bono getting dumped on by some commodity or another. However, he currently doesn't appear on the MTF website that I can see...

Back
Top Bottom