Mad Men

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

U2isthebest

ONE love, blood, life
Does anyone else watch this show? I meant to watch it when it premeired last summer, but I was always either busy or simply forgot it was on. They recently put the first season on Comcast On Demand, and I've been watching it lately. I really like it. I think the writing is excellent and the cast is really talented, too. Does anyone know when the second season starts?

I watched season 1, thanks to recommendations from Lazarus and Deep. I loved it. Well written, the lead actor is great......

Season 2 starts at the end of the month, cannot wait....will be a nice bridge to Fall programming (along with the Generation Kill miniseries).

I watched the first season and really enjoyed it.

Anything featuring the acting talents of January Jones gets a :up: from me!

Does anyone else watch this show? I meant to watch it when it premeired last summer, but I was always either busy or simply forgot it was on. They recently put the first season on Comcast On Demand, and I've been watching it lately. I really like it. I think the writing is excellent and the cast is really talented, too. Does anyone know when the second season starts?

I am glad you were able to get Season 1 on ONDemand.

I was a child in the 60s. They really get so much of it right.

The production is top notch.

This show keeps getting better and better. Don Draper is the most fascinating character I've come across on TV since House. I've got 6 more episodes to go in Season 1.

Don Draper so badly kicks the crap out of House than when he's done kicking the crap out of House, House needs the aid of House.

Get it? Cos House is a Dr.!!!!

Don Draper so badly kicks the crap out of House than when he's done kicking the crap out of House, House needs the aid of House.

Get it? Cos House is a Dr.!!!!

I think they're equally amazing. It would kick major ass if they did a House/Mad Men episode cross over. Time travel; How sick would that be? :drool: House's and Don Draper's douchebag-etry would collide and turn into pure awesomeness.:hyper:

Matthew Weiner (the creator) says the show is going to run four more years, and each season will jump ahead roughly two years in the show's timeline, ending in 1969. Should be interesting. :up:

Mad Men has a ten-year plan - TV Squad

I heard that too. It's a brilliant concept. I hope they actually do that.:up:

On a side note, I just watched "The Wheel" , and that scene where Don is pitching the projector to the Kodak execs. using his family pictures, is one of the most moving scenes I've ever on seen on TV. The dialogue was stunning as well. That scene along with the final one of Don sitting alone on the stairs while "Don't Think Twice, It's Alright" was closing out the show, were near perfect. The distant, cold shell of a person Don has become has cracked. I can't wait to see the effect it has on him in Season 2.

My sister-in-law was telling me about this show over the weekend. She gave me the premise and some details. I caught most of last night's season opener. Don't know if I need to go back and find season 1 somewhere, or if I can jump in here. Maybe I need more details per character, but she said Draper's character is fascinating. I may check it out again next week. Hard to tell from just the one episode...

I need to check out the rest of season 1 after I finish digesting Watchmen. I'll be DVR'ing season 2 in the meantime.

You're smart. You'll also relate to the way women are treated during the era this show takes place. You're a hardcore misogynist.

Not dumb, not like everyone says.

Every time I see my lady friend, she has to bring me a fresh ham sandwich. Is that so wrong?

^A lot of cable companies have it on On Demand. On Comcast it's under the TV Entertainment section, then under AMC.

I liked the season premiere. I think it set up some good questions/story lines for the season.

Our On Demand doesn't f**king work. I'm sure calling Time/Warner Cable to get the feature to work that is supposed to work will be a nightmare. I don't want them coming out switching my cable box or DVR either. We gots stuff on there we wants to keep on there for now. I love paying $100+ a month for cable/movie channels and getting crap service :happy:

\endsarcasticrant

Last edited:
I dunno - I never thought about it til it was just suggested. I don't belong to Netflix, and I guess I could venture out to Blockbuster, but me=lazy

Lila, you're big girl, watch what you like....but, this is a fairly nuanced show, and the character study of its leading man runs deep......slow build over the course of Season 1....so, just leaping into Season 2 seems silly.....nobody is that lazy that they cannot make a run to Blockbuster. It'll be worth the 10 minute journey.

Nobody is that lazy? Ummm... :wink:

Do you know for a fact if this is even available to rent? Just curious.

ETA: Nevermind. I checked online & called the store. They said they had all 4 discs available...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom