Love for Larry!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bono has said repeatedly in interviews that the drumming on Mofo was all Larry and done in one take. All of the core drumming on Pop is Larry with additional loops and stuff over it. Also the loops are loops of parts Larry created sampled and added to the songs.

Dana

U2girl said:
I like how he went from the early militaristic style of War, to the more tribal sounding UF, to adapting in the 90's for U2's dance flirtation. He always seems to find a beat that matches the song perfectly.

yeah the fact that he's adapted to the musical changes in U2's soundscape, makes him a great drummer in my opinion. he may not tear down the house or do psychotic drum rolls while suspended from the ceiling, but he is an adaptive drummer.

Thanks to everyone who gave these positive comments. Larry is just as integral as Bono, Edge or Adam, and a magnificent drummer in my opinion. I guess I just couldn't understand (and was quite shocked) why people who seemed to have such a deep-seeded hate for some band members could still be fans, how you could go and enjoy a show is beyond me.

Orignally posted by The Brazilian Fly

One thing that I admire a lot about his drumming is that he knows how to build tension and that building and building until the song explodes up at the end is classic U2.

:love: Check out songs like Running to Stand Still, Hawkmoon 269 and One Step Closer. His drummer on those three songs alone is what drives them. The final verses on all three are orgasmic because of the way Larry builds up to them, and I think you could even throw If You Wear That Velvet Dress in there, combining with Edge the song sounds so etheral, beautiful.

COBL_04 said:
Thanks to everyone who gave these positive comments. Larry is just as integral as Bono, Edge or Adam, and a magnificent drummer in my opinion. I guess I just couldn't understand (and was quite shocked) why people who seemed to have such a deep-seeded hate for some band members could still be fans, how you could go and enjoy a show is beyond me.

You are only as good as the people you play with. Larry is so good because of Bono, Adam and Edge, and they are so good because of Larry!!:love:

Back
Top Bottom