Love and Peace Or Else, Third Leg.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zooropa1310

War Child
Well, the show I am talking about in specific is Portland, but maybe it's been in other third leg shows. At the beginning of LAPOE, there is someone talking. Some dark voice talking about something in the droned bass intro (I don't have my boot at the moment). Does anyone know what it is? Thanks :yes: .

The quote you hear is:

""We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.

I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says, 'I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'

I suppose we all thought that one way or another."

It is the voice of J. Robert Oppenheimer, the Berkeley professor who became director of the Manhatten Project to develop an atomic bomb during WW II.

He recalled the verse after witnessing the first nuclear explosion in Alamogordo, New Mexico in July, 1945.

4U2Play said:
The quote you hear is:

""We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.

I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says, 'I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.'

I suppose we all thought that one way or another."

It is the voice of J. Robert Oppenheimer, the Berkeley professor who became director of the Manhatten Project to develop an atomic bomb during WW II.

He recalled the verse after witnessing the first nuclear explosion in Alamogordo, New Mexico in July, 1945.

Very nice... Thank you :D. How did you know, by the way? I would have never guessed... History major?

i've been asking this for months, i'm so glad someone answered it!

have a happy and safe New Year, and may God be with you all.

Peace on Earth.

Really? I hadn't heard of it at any previous shows and people were treating it as if it was new during the Portland setlist party.

Then again, I don't have any third leg bootlegs, just a few MP3s of specific performances and none are LAPOE. And it's not as if reception is that brilliant on the phone streams we had ...

i went to a lot of third leg shows and never heard it. the last show i went to was buffalo and it was not played there.

Back
Top Bottom