Lost—Season 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Loved when Linus shot Caesar out of the blue. "Are you looking for this?" BLAM!

I cheered out loud. Dude had NO idea who he was dealing with. One guy was dead ten hours ago and one guy lived there as a child and you're going to tell them what they can and cannot take? I don't think so!

The payoff, though? Eh...I was expecting something a little better than the kinda-cheesy flashing images of his past with Alex. But, whatever.

I agree. When she showed up I was hoping she would condemn him to an eternity of torture or something but all she did was grab him by the collar and push him up against a pillar. I was really disappointed.

I love watching Ben but the guy seriously needs to die. I'm surprised the island let him live, considering he broke the rules and turned the wheel when it was supposed to be Locke.

If the producers had any real balls they'd snuff him in this season's finale, but they're probably afraid to continue without him.

Thing is, once everyone gets back to the present, where's the conflict? Another attack on the island from Widmore's people? The search for Claire? I hope they have some good ideas up their sleeves, as right now it seems like all that's left is a lot of explaining.

I personally enjoy the show more whenever Ben is on the screen...he is so evil and snide, his comments and looks make the show for me...and now the dynamic between he and Locke is the favorite thing this season .... the 70's stuff doesn't hold my interest nearly as much

But that wasn't really Alex though, right? That was the "Island"/Smoke monster speaking to Ben in the form of Alex. . . At least that was my take on it.

This episode really convinced me that Ben is the devil though. . .you know a liar since the beginning and the father of lies and all that. Not a good guy in any way shape or form. Though I guess he does have a soft spot for children with baby Alex and little Charlie.

I enjoyed most of the episode, though I did feel the little movie reel in the smoke was corny. But to be honest, as with this whole show, I don't know what they could have done in the smoke that wouldn't have been something a let down. On LOST the mystery, rather than answers make the best television.

the 70's stuff doesn't hold my interest nearly as much

The 70's stuff will ramp up when he arrives on the sub next week:

1081430581_uress4_fez.jpg

I would just like to announce that after a marathon run, I've finally caught up to Lost.

Not quite watching it at the right time (I catch it the next day) but I'm in tune with it, at least.

This could quite possibly be the best TV series I've never watched on TV. ;)

Well, it's been a while since my last episode. So, I actually don't know what is happening right now.

You guys were talking about Ben and if he should die or not. I don't think that the producers will kill him this season, 'cause he's the only one who can mess with Locke. If he dies, the conflict ends...So as the show.

And he's a brilliant villain! And at least he still makes sense...Even when the story is messed up. :hmm:

And he's a brilliant villain! And at least he still makes sense...Even when the story is messed up. :hmm:

The story is messed up, but that's what keeps me watching, don't know about anyone else. And I have every confidence that when it's all said and done, the writers will have finished it with a logical conclusion, or at least one that makes sense - somewhat. :wink:

Ben's not afraid of dying and he's made peace, in a way, with Alex. His days have numbers, surely.

And does anyone else think Locke looks really good lately? It's like death has revived him. It might be coincidence, but he, his character, whatever, looks really fit and well. And he's so much more calm now he's lost this, 'because the island says so!' caper.

And does anyone else think Locke looks really good lately? It's like death has revived him. It might be coincidence, but he, his character, whatever, looks really fit and well. And he's so much more calm now he's lost this, 'because the island says so!' caper.

Yes, Locke looked good in this most recent episode and had an air of "bad motherfucker" surrounding him.

I think it was just the suit.

Or the Malibu Tan.

I do think it's strange that not one person has asked him what being dead was like. That's the first thing I would ask someone.

I want more Alpert and Whitemore. To me, those have been the most interesting characters of this season.

Back
Top Bottom