Los Angeles Times Picture of Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oktobergirl

Refugee
I hate posting this when I don't have a scanner but Bono was on the front page of the Sunday weekend Los Angeles Times ( with Treasurer O'Neill). It's a great picture of Bono even tho he looks pissed off at O'Neill (good reason for it too if you read the article).

I'm going to try and post the picture here, there is also another one of him with Bill Gates. But I can't find that one online.
A great article accompanies these pics but I tried to access it at latimes.com and you have to buy it since it is already archived. UGH! I was at the Supermarket ( in my u2 shirt of course) yesterday morning and all hyped for the Bowl and the performance and walked up the checkout stand to grab the Sunday paper and BONO is staring back at me! A nice surprise.

and the caption that accompanied the photo on the front page: Rock star-activist Bono(R) listens as U.S. Treasury Secretary Paul O'Neill gestures during a panel discussion on public support for the development of the world's poor regions at the World Economic Forum in New York on February 2, 2002. Global leaders urged rich nations to end their 'selfish' ways and offer poor countries a better path to prosperity as anti-globalization protesters staged the first major demonstrations at the Forum. Photo by Pool

let's try this again...
okay this isn't working so if you want to see the picture go to reuters.com photo gallery the pic is on about the 3rd page.

[This message has been edited by oktobergirl (edited 02-04-2002).]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom