Looking back... Was Milan the right choice for the DVD?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Neilz, are you from Amsterdam??? I'm arriving there for the first time on August 10th!!! Then I'll go biking and shipping south of Amstd!

Maybe me and my friends will be the only Italian persons looking only for Art, Museum and biking instead of partying in the Coffee-shop :crazy: and strolling in the red lights districts.:sexywink:

Everybody tells me that Amsterdam is one of the nicest city in the world and now it's my turn to visit it! :drool:

C'mon dutch friends, you'll get the dvd next time around!
And, being at both Milan shows, i guarantee everybody that YES
San Siro was the right choice for filming a show...
But I recognise it could have been A'dam..:wink:
Ciao,
Tom

sraphim said:
what I don't understand is.... why the hell did you start this thread?!?! :huh:
you DID know people would misunderstand you, c'mon... :(
I'm not naive... Sure I know that not everyone would understand what I ment, but a lot of people DID!

And was hoping that after explaining everything like 5 times, it would become a little more understandable... I guess not (or some people just don't WANT to understand!)...

I'm definitely gonna go there too, sometimes in the future :up:
a friend of mine went there last year and she had a total BLAST!! (I wonder if magic mushrooms had something to do with that... :reject: :wink:)

One more though... ...if you'd buy the DVD maybe you'll be surprised more by the band stiffness during the DVD shooting.
IMHO, expecially on 20/07, they moved on the stage a little bit slower than usual (for DVD shooting reason). In fact on the second Milan date my friends told me that they moved a lot more.

P.S. you'll be surprised by the crowd too! :yes:

Neilz said:
or some people just don't WANT to understand

what's that supposed to mean? :eyebrow:
you know, in the end I don't really care... I just wanted to post some pictures from Milan since you didn't have any, and then everything just seemed to snowball. I like the DVD in Milan, you would have liked it better in A'dam, that's ok, no harm done.
I just think you shouldn't have started this thread AT ALL.
now I'll shut up :wink:

sraphim said:
I like the DVD in Milan, you would have liked it better in A'dam, that's ok, no harm done. I just think you shouldn't have started this thread AT ALL. now I'll shut up :wink:
This is pointless.. You still don't understand :|

But hey, I never said I don't like the Milan DVD... I'm sure it will be great! That wasn't my point at all... But it's far too late now to continue the discussion the way I ment it to be.. So I might aswell be closed now...

band stiffness?? I didn't get that feeling at all... quite the opposite, in fact :wink:
maybe just the first three/four songs... but c'mon, that was their first show after 4 years and people went just crazy upon seeing them... I bet I would have been a bit tense, too :wink:
did you see Edge's face on both the 20th and the 21st?? he looked like a mummy... it was hilarious :lmao:
then again, that was my first U2 show ever so... my judgement is totally personal! :D

what's to understand?! please EXPLAIN!! maybe I just didn't get it... sorry, my English ain't THAT good :huh:
what exactly did you like of Ada'm that you feel it lacked in Milan? now I want to know. sorry, I know you already said those things but apparently I'm the only one who didn't understand... so I'd like to. please.

sraphim said:
but c'mon, that was their first show after 4 years and people went just crazy upon seeing them... I bet I would have been a bit tense, too :wink:
It's the band first show after 4 years in EVERY country they've been to this tour, and everywhere the crowd goes crazy when they enter the stage... I really doubt that they are still nervous for that... It must have been the extra camera's or something...

I don't live in Italy, I don't live in Holland, I'm not Italian or Dutch living somewhere outside the countries...

Answer: Milan was the right choice for DVD.

Dutch vs. Italians... who cares,
we're all Europeans and we should stick together for future threads of U.S. Vertigo DVD:yawn: vs. European Vertigo DVD:rockon:...

bathiu said:
I don't live in Italy, I don't live in Holland, I'm not Italian or Dutch living somewhere outside the countries...

Answer: Milan was the right choice for DVD.

Dutch vs. Italians... who cares,
we're all Europeans and we should stick together for future threads of U.S. Vertigo DVD:yawn: vs. European Vertigo DVD:rockon:...
Well.. That's the thing.. I'm not defending a Amsterdam DVD because I'm Dutch... Just as I would defend the US Vertigo DVD if it would be better... I'm really being neutral about all this...

I can say however, that even tough I haven't seen anything from either DVD, the European DVD will be my favorite... Just because the US Vertigo DVD will most likely remind me too damn much about the Boston Elevation DVD...

ok, I clarify: it was their first show after TURIN 2001. does that ring some bells????
it WAS special, and NO it wasn't like that everywhere.
I was there, and it wasn't just MY feeling... it was everyone's. it was special for them, and for us. if you don't believe me, that's your loss.
bye

Neilz said:

I'm not naive... Sure I know that not everyone would understand what I ment, but a lot of people DID!

And was hoping that after explaining everything like 5 times, it would become a little more understandable... I guess not (or some people just don't WANT to understand!)...

I don't think it was you, actually, Neilz, it was those other people going in here stating "nationalistic" remarks. I just think you got all the :censored: because you started the thread....:shrug: :wink:

sraphim said:
ok, I clarify: it was their first show after TURIN 2001. does that ring some bells???? it WAS special, and NO it wasn't like that everywhere. I was there, and it wasn't just MY feeling... it was everyone's. it was special for them, and for us. if you don't believe me, that's your loss. bye
Don't be so naive! I'm sure the band rememberd Turin 2001... But they are grown men who have been around the block... They are not vervous anymore for these dates, unless there is something special about them (like DVD recordings)...

And since you bring up city names; It was 15 years since they've played Amsterdam... Oh my god, they were soooo nervous :eyebrow:

Hey, here's an idea ...

SOUTHERN HEMISPHEREANS! Let's stop these Northern Hemispherean folk from stealing OUR shows and OUR DVDs! Why the hell would U2 shoot a DVD in North America or Europe when they could come and film one in New Zealand? ON ONE TREE HILL!

FUCK YEAH! :rockon:

Dusty Bottoms said:
Gone and the Fly from that DVD cancels out any negatives it may have.
I love the Boston DVD... I'm just afraid that the Chicago DVD will be in the shadow of the Boston DVD... I just looks so damn the same!

this isn't about 'nationalistic' for God's sake!!!! I'm Italian, ok, so what?? I didn't start a thread called 'AHAH WE WON!!', and I won't!! THAT would be nationalistic. :|

Neilz said:

I love the Boston DVD... I'm just afraid that the Chicago DVD will be in the shadow of the Boston DVD... I just looks so damn the same!

Well you may have a point since the indoor show looks so much like the Elevation Tour. I can't wait to see the European DVD.

I don't like the Boston DVD. I stopped watching it shortly after buying the Slane DVD :wink:
a whole differente feeling... :drool:

i still dont think they look the same, totally different feeling to eachshow, this show is all "ooo love me" this show is actually quite dark and mysterious

sraphim said:
this isn't about 'nationalistic' for God's sake!!!! I'm Italian, ok, so what?? I didn't start a thread called 'AHAH WE WON!!', and I won't!! THAT would be nationalistic. :|

WE WIN , WE LOSE... ...IT'S PERFECT!!!!:yes:

And for Axver...
...I don't really understand why U2 can't go to the Southern Emisphere most often and also to Central America and South America where they played a lot less than Europe and NA.

:wave:

Last edited:
sraphim said:
I don't like the Boston DVD. I stopped watching it shortly after buying the Slane DVD :wink:
a whole differente feeling... :drool:
Slane is another experience... Sure... But when you've been to an Elevation gig... Boston brings back more memories... It does to me anyway...

well we don't know if they are going to release the Chicago dvd... the only thing we know for sure is Milan. they might as well decide not to release Chicago at all... :shrug:

sraphim said:
well we don't know if they are going to release the Chicago dvd... the only thing we know for sure is Milan. they might as well decide not to release Chicago at all... :shrug:
Why is that? Chicago was filmed for DVD too... Both are not decided for release...

But my guess (and I do wanna bet money on that if anyone is interested?) is that it will be a double show DVD pack...

Milan was stunning, and maybe it was chosen because it's not so common to have a DVD turned in Milan.
San Siro is one of the most incredible places in the city. it really is.

Maybe Italy was chosen because Italian fans can shout louder than someone else!

As regards the fact that U2 owe us something... well, maybe... But they seem to owe something to every fan they have in the world!

I remember U2 played in Reggio Emilia in 1997 or 1998 in front of 150.000 people (just in ONE night -- I think this is in some guinness record book or something like that ) and Bono told the audience "you're giving these 4 irishmen a great night" or something like that,
Maybe they had really a great moment, and wanted to celebrate it.

I was at the second show in Milan and the only thing I can say is: the stadium is REALLY cool and I am VERY happy you all are going to see it.

Back
Top Bottom