Loneliness Remains

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZeroDude

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I've been given a clarity,
A relationship renewed against all conceivable odds,
Yet I remain alone,
Loneliness an eternal turmoil brought up on my mind,
Nay my soul,
Yes my soul,

Too much of this little matter is born with faith but dies with fear,
An atheist reaction to a fundamental truth or choice for that matter,
When the optimist, slow witted and naive faces up to the cold, cynical realist who tells us all, we're dead on arrival,

Exit wounds, red balloons, yellow stripes strike back at the holy clique of revolutionary fashionistas,
"You are what you wear"
Reply,
"We are what we are"

Maybe it's a result of consumerism gone ballistic, as all too visible in the urban sprawl of suburban Baghdad with an air of patriotic aplomb, most of which is applicable to those none of us would deem native to the dunes of Iraq,

Satellite interned rapists chase internet dreams twenty four hours a day only to discover friendship is a fruitless pursuit unless we're selfless eunuchs,

Idealism as they say is such a twentieth century fad,
Yet still I find myself alone even though the orient is a mouse click away...........

Profound indeed, Zero Dude....well done.

My reading of The Hobbit for today brought me to....
page 148

"Is there no end to this accursed forest?" said Thorin. "Somebody must climb a tree and see if he can get his head above the roof and have a look around. The only way is to choose the tallest tree that overhangs the path."

So Bilbo climbed the tree but it was no good. Gaze as much as he might, he could see no end to the trees and the leaves in any direction. His heart, that had been lightened by the sight of the sun and the feel of the wind, sank back into his toes; there was no food to go back to down below.

Actually, as I have told you, they were not far off the edge of the forest......but Bilbo did not have the sense to see it.....

--------------------

Probably makes no sense to your writing............but it hit a note with me today.

Glad to see you writing again.

thanks,
carol
wizard2c

:|

Thank you, I enjoy reading your views and thoughts on my work given in your own inimitable way:wink:

You're welcome Zero Dude.....write some more.......I'm busy right now watching the cauldron brewing.......mankind keeps tossing elements into it on a daily basis....

carol
wizard2c

ZeroDude, good to see you writing.

Though I can understand your tone. I've been there, in one of those states of..... disharmony.

I used to be a horrible cycnic. And now I still am, I guess. But my attitude about alot of things has changed. Improved, perhaps.

From negative to indifferent, most likely. But, eh.........

I will not step on my soap box right now.

For Honor said:
ZeroDude, good to see you writing.

Though I can understand your tone. I've been there, in one of those states of..... disharmony.

I used to be a horrible cycnic. And now I still am, I guess. But my attitude about alot of things has changed. Improved, perhaps.

From negative to indifferent, most likely. But, eh.........

I will not step on my soap box right now.

We can't really be that cynical, we're U2 fans after all, cynicism is misguided optimism imho, probably why achtung is my favorite album:wink:

Last edited:

Zero Dude...haven't heard from you in a while.........miss your writings...............

carol
wizard2c

Re: reply

wizard2c said:
Zero Dude...haven't heard from you in a while.........miss your writings...............

carol
wizard2c

Sorry, believe me I'm fine, I'm really bogged down in trying to get a job I'm not going to hate right now, when I find the time I'll return I promise..........

I'll always have a quick browse now and again to read your and For Honors writings:wink:

Good to hear from you Zero Dude. Write when you have the time....I too have been busy....and should write more than I have been......but so much is happening in the World right now.....it keeps a wizard active 24/7.

carol
wizard2c

Re: Re: reply

ZeroDude said:

Sorry, believe me I'm fine, I'm really bogged down in trying to get a job I'm not going to hate right now, when I find the time I'll return I promise..........

I'll always have a quick browse now and again to read your and For Honors writings:wink:

Hi!

Zero Dude...what kinda job are you seeking?

carol
wizard2c

Back
Top Bottom