London Today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
love2bmama said:
If you're in London you have to check this out, I just read this on @u2:

"HOT!NEW @U2 UK MEMBERS OF U2.COM: CHECK YOUR E-MAIL!
September 20, 2006
posted by: Tassoula
This morning, U2.com members in the UK received an e-mail stating that U2 will be signing copies of their new book U2 by U2 this Friday, September 22 in central London.

U2.com has 150 invitations available exclusively for UK subscribers. All you have to do is click on the link in your e-mail before 8:00 pm this evening and follow the instructions for your chance to receive one invitation for the event. You'll need to be available to be in central London from 9:30 am until 2:00 pm on Friday. If you're one of the 150 entrants selected at random, U2.com will notify you no later than midnight tonight. (Thx. to Derek for the tip). "

They are having a book signing in Dublin as well and I have entered the draw. I´m so nervous! :ohmy:

Oh Wild, if you read this before going off to London again!
can you ask Bono what brand his new shades are? (the ones from yesterday, and from the Croatia pics!)

digsy said:
i won a ticket!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hyper:

That's so awesome!!

Congratulations.

:applaud:

edobrien said:
:sad: I haven't won the tix.
Do u know where u2 are going to sign the book in London, please?
thanx

This was posted on u2.com :

Friday, London, Book Signing!

The band will be signing copies of 'U2 By U2' at Waterstone's, Picadilly in central London at midday tomorrow. Entrance is by wristband only.

As well as those U2.Com Subscribers who got lucky in our competition yesterday, a limited number of wristbands will be made available at Waterstone's Piccadilly on Friday, for further details please check www.waterstones.com

And this is the info from the waterstones.com website:

Friday 22 September at 12 noon

In this UK exclusive event in association with U2.com; Bono, The Edge, Adam Clayton and Larry Mullen Jr will be signing copies of U2 by U2.

Entry to this event is strictly by wristband only. A limited number of wristbands will be made available at Waterstone's Piccadilly from 8am on Friday.

Admission to this event is with a wristband only, which admits one person. There are no exceptions to this rule, and Waterstone's reserves the right to refuse entry to the signing area. Wristbands will be made available to customers on Friday 22 September at 8am, at Waterstone's, 203-206 Piccadilly, London. Allocation is on a strictly first come, first served basis and is non-transferable. Please bring a minimum of personal belongings, as all items will be checked in.

Signed copies of U2 by U2 are restricted to a maximum of one per wristband-holder. Copies of the book must be purchased from Waterstone's Piccadilly on Friday 22 September.

Last edited:
On the right hand side :uhoh: Right near the gates, it was open yesterday! :ohmy:

The camera needs to move back a bit to get where the crowd would stand.

In the right hand bottom corner.

May I ask if your trying to spot them? :hyper:

Edit: OMG, I think something happened, I saw a girl taking a photo!

The camera's the wrong way! It needs to be facing the opposite way!

Last edited:
Thanks! :) Yeah, I told her last night to wave to me, but I'm sure she has other things on her mind right now. :lol: I have her cell number somewhere, if I could find it, I'd call her...

:applaud: yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! great story...so happy for you! :hug:

VintagePunk said:

Larry! :love: :lol: He's awesome!

Congrats to everyone! :)

how does he know who is a scammer & who is a fan? is it really obvious? just curious

WildHoney said:
DSCF1229.jpg

Hello!!! :faint:

Galeongirl said:
Oh Wild, if you read this before going off to London again!
can you ask Bono what brand his new shades are? (the ones from yesterday, and from the Croatia pics!)

I just checked my photos from the past 2 days, the glasses that Bono has on here are Dior ones :drool:

I will upload some pics when I can, got some cracking ones of the Edge yesterday

Anji said:

I just checked my photos from the past 2 days, the glasses that Bono has on here are Dior ones :drool:

I will upload some pics when I can, got some cracking ones of the Edge yesterday

Morning Anji, Jo here! I should get my own username really now shouldn't I or it will get confusing! Still can't believe the week we had! Bono looked incredible last night didn't he! :drool: Have you seen the pics on Wenn Dave took of them arriving yesterday? All the pics of Bono smiling while he was taking his jacket off were at me cos of my chocs!! Aww, I wish we could do it all over again!!!!

lisa2004 said:

Morning Anji, Jo here! I should get my own username really now shouldn't I or it will get confusing! Still can't believe the week we had! Bono looked incredible last night didn't he! :drool: Have you seen the pics on Wenn Dave took of them arriving yesterday? All the pics of Bono smiling while he was taking his jacket off were at me cos of my chocs!! Aww, I wish we could do it all over again!!!!

Hi Jo! Oh Bono was COMPLETELY HOT last night :drool: I could smell him coming over from the car! :drool: He looked the business and he smelt divine :drool:

I saw Dave's pics and they are SUPERB! Especially the ones on the bike :drool:

Would I do it all again? YOU BETCHA!!!!

I'll upload the shots of us Girlies outside the studios later tonight! In the meantime.......

Bono21stSeptember2006008.jpg

Bono21stSeptember2006007.jpg

Bono21stSeptember2006006.jpg

Great pics Anji.

I will try to get mine up ASAP. Probably sometime monday or tuesday. I have about 200 to go through so it may take me a while.

:)

Thanks Annji!! I've been looking for some info on the shades for a while now!

:hmm: was just checking a vid of the Making of Peter and the wolf... Gavin's shades are pretty similiar there!

Galeongirl said:
Thanks Annji!! I've been looking for some info on the shades for a while now!

:hmm: was just checking a vid of the Making of Peter and the wolf... Gavin's shades are pretty similiar there!

No Problem! If you look at the picture I took Wednesday, look at the bottom right of his right lens, you will see Dior!

out.php

yea you're right! I was searching the frame for some brand, but couldn't find it! I didn't think of looking at the lenses!

Back
Top Bottom