London setlist #4 party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The O2 Arena - London, England - October 30, 2015

---------- People Have the Power ----------
01 - The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)
02 - The Electric Co. / Send in the Clowns (snippet) / I Can See for Miles (snippet) / Live Forever (snippet)
03 - Rock 'n' Roll High School (snippet) / Vertigo
04 - I Will Follow
05 - Iris (Hold Me Close) / Hold Me Close (snippet)
06 - Cedarwood Road
07 - Song for Someone
08 - Sunday Bloody Sunday / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet)
09 - Raised by Wolves / Psalm 23 (snippet)
10 - Until the End of the World / Love and Peace or Else (snippet) / Words (snippet)
---------- INTERMISSION: The Fly (Gavin Friday Mix) ----------
11 - Invisible
12 - Even Better Than the Real Thing
13 - Mysterious Ways / Burning Down the House (snippet)
14 - Desire / Not Fade Away (snippet)
15 - All I Want is You / Into the Mystic (snippet)
16 - Every Breaking Wave
17 - October
18 - Bullet the Blue Sky / Ode to Joy (snippet) / 19 (snippet)
19 - Zooropa
20 - Where the Streets Have No Name / California (There is No End to Love) [snippet]
21 - Pride (In the Name of Love)
22 - With or Without You / Shine Like Stars (snippet)
---------- Stephen Hawking Video ----------
23 - City of Blinding Lights

Do you have that hot keyed or something like that? :wink:

I actually typed it out in full both here and on Twitter, I was excited enough. :lol:

I don't know why I love that verse so much, but it's just bloody perfect.

02 - The Electric Co. / Send in the Clowns (snippet) / I Can See for Miles (snippet) / Live Forever (snippet)
04 - I Will Follow
06 - Cedarwood Road
07 - Song for Someone
10 - Until the End of the World / Love and Peace or Else (snippet) / Words (snippet)
11 - Invisible
16 - Every Breaking Wave
17 - October
19 - Zooropa
20 - Where the Streets Have No Name / California (There is No End to Love) [snippet]
24 - Beautiful Day

I actually typed it out in full both here and on Twitter, I was excited enough. :lol:

I don't know why I love that verse so much, but it's just bloody perfect.
It just makes the song a million times better. I don't know why, but it does.

04 - I Will Follow
06 - Cedarwood Road
07 - Song for Someone
11 - Invisible
16 - Every Breaking Wave
17 - October
19 - Zooropa
24 - Beautiful Day / Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (snippet) / Blackbird (snippet)
25 - Mother and Child Reunion (snippet) / One

It just makes the song a million times better. I don't know why, but it does.

Yep. The lyrics may be trite, but it brings the song to a rousing conclusion that it otherwise lacks.

Hey Ax, I have 19 snippets so far. That should be a record?

It is indeed, we now beat the 18 of San Jose 2. There's also an unidentified snippet after Desire that I need to add.

As I type - Invisible snippet in One!

And it's over. What a snippetfest! :wave:

04 - I Will Follow
06 - Cedarwood Road
07 - Song for Someone
11 - Invisible
14 - Desire / Not Fade Away (snippet) / Clair (snippet)
16 - Every Breaking Wave
17 - October
19 - Zooropa
24 - Beautiful Day / Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (snippet) / Blackbird (snippet)
25 - Mother and Child Reunion (snippet) / One / Invisible (snippet) / Hold Me Close (snippet)

Last edited:
Thought they might do 40 cos there was time enough, and I managed to get about 50 people singing How long to sing this song at one point, but alas, it was not to be.
But it topped last night, I ended up hugging a complete stranger after we both crossed our fingers for shine like stars AND IT HAPPENED :DD
Single best gig I've ever seen in my life. Phenomenal!

So for possible e-stage rotations for Monday and Tuesday, we have "Two hearts beat as one", "Volcano", "Party Girl" (probably on the last night), and the unlikely return of "Zoo Station" and "Magnificent". They seem to have a begrudging attitude towards "Volcano", like "Ugh I guess we can play that one since it's on the new record and doesn't sound completely like shit".

One of my fave tracks is All I Want is You but the version they did seems so half arsed compared to previous tours.

I can half understand Bono lacking - but even Edge didn't do much of a solo. Just looks like he is bored.

That's one beautiful, intense and intimate rendition of All I want is you, just the four of them playing closely togehter, Bono kind of lost in the song, taking off his glasses, he doesn't even say a word afterwards. I had tears, really, beautiful version :up:

That's one beautiful, intense and intimate rendition of All I want is you, just the four of them playing closely togehter, Bono kind of lost in the song, taking off his glasses, he doesn't even say a word afterwards. I had tears, really, beautiful version :up:

And great use of the infinite guitar. In fact great guitar sounds through the entire song.

It was absolutely amazing! i'm still grinning from ear to ear.

Bono had never sounded better (well not at the concerts I have been to)

We had nose bleed seats but everyone was great (except one lady who scowled all night at me) and I had a decent view of the band.

It really was phenomenal.

Not as outwardly passionate as other versions this tour, no High Cs or anything, just 'lost in the song' indeed. If anyone's only heard the audio, it'll make more sense when you see the expression on Bono's face during the whole song.

I'm glad I haven't joined any other music-related forum!

I am a member of that Stones forum. They're all just mad at U2 for taking away the Stones touring records, both in dollars earned AND attendance.

I'm a Stones fan, but let's face it... They haven't released anything groundbreaking in 30 years... Those fans have NO ROOM to talk.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interferencek

"Stones have been great live for 50 years" — come on, release some NEW music that's what I care (somehow)

"Stones have been great live for 50 years" — come on, release some NEW music that's what I care (somehow)

Actually, Keith has just released an excellent solo album 'crosseyed heart', you should really give it a try. BTW i'm not a member of that forum, but do like the stones equal to u2.?

Actually, Keith has just released an excellent solo album 'crosseyed heart', you should really give it a try. BTW i'm not a member of that forum, but do like the stones equal to u2.������

It's a fantastic album! I was pleasantly surprised at how good it is! I've always been "team Keith", however. Not that I don't like Mick... I actually even liked Goddess in the Doorway a little bit.

Actually, I think "Bridges to Babylon" is a pretty decent album, but a little bit spotty in places. It came out when I was in high school, and it's what opened the door for me to discover more about the Stones, other than the same 10 hits I'd heard all my life on the classic rock stations. I also saw the Stones this past May in Columbus. Great show, a little too "greatest hits"-y for my taste, but still very well done. Like with U2, I'd happily attend a Rolling Stones concert where they played ONLY deep cuts. CYHMK and Moonlight Mile are my favorites.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom