let me realise your dreams!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bono's Tart, did ur friend notice if sam's car was in the garage or on the street?? cos if the car was on the street that means that the other 3guys were about to come. (but if it was in, that means that nobody was expected to come :( ) i am really wondering if we should go or not :scratch: cos maybe Bono will be back and even if he is not, the other ones could be there :wink:
:crazy: geez i don't know :ohmy:

His kids and Edge's are probably off school this week (like mine) and he will probably want to go on 'holiday' or spend time with them. If you are low on money I'd wait another week. This is spring break so if there's any time they might NOT be there this is it.

miss-U2 said:
Bono's Tart, did ur friend notice if sam's car was in the garage or on the street?? cos if the car was on the street that means that the other 3guys were about to come. (but if it was in, that means that nobody was expected to come :( ) i am really wondering if we should go or not :scratch: cos maybe Bono will be back and even if he is not, the other ones could be there :wink:
:crazy: geez i don't know :ohmy:

She never said but Sams car has been in the street even when the band are definately away so I dont know!! You went the previous Thursday? well Carolyn went on the Viking Splash trip and when they went around the back of HQ the guy said that the previous FRIDAY they had made so much noise that Bono and Edge came out of the studios and waved to everyone!!! That really made her sick I can tell you!!
But before they left they bumped into Gavin and had a drink and a chat with him, as we all met Gavin at the Peter and the Wolf exhibition in Dublin last October and her two daughters were in the irish papers the next day!
Apparently Gavin had shown Bono and he thought it was very cool!!

We think he MAY be away for the two weeks but with Bono you just never know!!
If you go I hope they are there and that they are STILL there on the 29th for us!!!:wink:

I guess I'll have to wait for sept then, huh?

well, until then safe traveling and a very happy, fun time where ever you are going to! {if it's not france & anywhere NYC e-m mail...I love playing tour guide & giving tips/ideas by phom\ne or e-mail when not in person! :D

Bono's Tart said:

But before they left they bumped into Gavin and had a drink and a chat with him, as we all met Gavin at the Peter and the Wolf exhibition in Dublin last October and her two daughters were in the irish papers the next day!
Apparently Gavin had shown Bono and he thought it was very cool!!

They...had...a...drink...with...Gav? :ohmy: :| :faint:

Damn damn damn! I have to move back to Dublin asap!

okay just to let you know that my best friend and I are going to Dublin tomorrow :huh: if they are not here, we'll come back immediately, if they are here, we'll wait, and hope to see them in the day, cos i don't wanna sleep at the airport :no: :sad: but if that's the price to see them, we 'll do it and stay on wednesday as well.

anyway, we'll see :up:

miss-U2 said:
okay just to let you know that my best friend and I are going to Dublin tomorrow :huh: if they are not here, we'll come back immediately, if they are here, we'll wait, and hope to see them in the day, cos i don't wanna sleep at the airport :no: :sad: but if that's the price to see them, we 'll do it and stay on wednesday as well.

anyway, we'll see :up:

All the best Emilie! I hope you get to see them!

But don't put yourself at risk! We all know the docks are no the best area in Dublin

Take care! :wave:

miss-U2 said:
don't worry flavia :hug: if someone tries to do us harm, we will kick his ass or ring at the studios :lol: (or maybe just run away :uhoh: )

:laugh:

...but anyway, please don't do anything risky or dangerous just to see the guys, okay?! :no:

As always, I'm looking forward to your stories when you get back home! :yes: :up:

Have a great time - stay safe! :hug:

Well, Emilie :hug: I so hope you'll see them again this time.
I wished I could be there with you.
Anyway, good luck (especially with Adam... ;) :hyper: ).

miss-U2 said:
don't worry flavia :hug: if someone tries to do us harm, we will kick his ass or ring at the studios :lol: (or maybe just run away :uhoh: )

hahaha...yeah! You know we can rely on our "dear friend" Sam! ;)

Or Dallas if he's around....HE can't say no to your eyes :sexywink: :lol: ( ahhh...the good old days!)

Niamh_Saoirse said:

hahaha...yeah! You know we can rely on our "dear friend" Sam! ;)

Or Dallas if he's around....HE can't say no to your eyes :sexywink: :lol: ( ahhh...the good old days!)

oh yes our dear friend sam :lol:
we'd rather have to count on Dallas to save our life :yes: i will look at him with my sexy eyes :sexywink:

Su, i wish you were there too :sad: i will tell adam about the golf course story :laugh:

anyway, don't worry for me!! i am not alone anyway, we are 2girls (what's the difference, i know :huh: )

keep the faith :hyper:

okay, so we are back :lol: we spent the day in the bus :coocoo:

we went there, (raining :madspit: ) and sam's car was in the garage. that could means that some of them are coming, but not the whole band, as only 4cars can get in the garage...
when we arrived, a guy entered the studios with sketches, papers etc... and he stayed in there. 15minutes later, another guy (whose face is familiar to me) went out and told us that THEY were all in holidays.
Then he asked us where we were from, and we said" france" and he said, "when are you coming back?" i said: "i am not coming back, but she is."
and then he said "well actually, they are all in france for 3weeks in holidays."

i was dying laughing :lol: i dunno why!! maybe cos i was wondering what the heck i was doing in ireland, while they are in france, especially that my parent's house in france is close to theirs :hyper: anyway, the weather is really bad nowadays, they will be back soon :laugh:

anyway, i am really sad for you guys, cos people who sent me stuff will have to wait again :sad: and my friend is sad too cos she is not coming back to ireland before a long time... (well at least she met edge with me a long time ago) and i am quite angry cos i have the impression to have wasted money (and i don't have any left!!!!) but i know that if i had not gone there, i would have had regrets so... :wink:

i am thinking about it now, and i think that my best friend has that much of bad luck :lol: since she is here, it has kept raining everytime we are out, and when we are in, it is beautiful outside :crazy: and so well, with my "small "lucky shamrock, i could not fight against her and her bad luck :laugh: (if she reads this, she is gonna beat me :uhoh: )

miss-U2 said:
okay, so we are back :lol: we spent the day in the bus :coocoo:

we went there, (raining :madspit: ) and sam's car was in the garage. that could means that some of them are coming, but not the whole band, as only 4cars can get in the garage...
when we arrived, a guy entered the studios with sketches, papers etc... and he stayed in there. 15minutes later, another guy (whose face is familiar to me) went out and told us that THEY were all in holidays.
Then he asked us where we were from, and we said" france" and he said, "when are you coming back?" i said: "i am not coming back, but she is."
and then he said "well actually, they are all in france for 3weeks in holidays."

i was dying laughing :lol: i dunno why!! maybe cos i was wondering what the heck i was doing in ireland, while they are in france, especially that my parent's house in france is close to theirs :hyper: anyway, the weather is really bad nowadays, they

will be back soon :laugh:

anyway, i am really sad for you guys, cos people who sent me stuff will have to wait again :sad: and my friend is sad too cos she is not coming back to ireland before a long time... (well at least she met edge with me a long time ago) and i am quite angry cos i have the impression to have wasted money (and i don't have any left!!!!) but i know that if i had not gone there, i would have had regrets so... :wink:

Thats a shame Emilie but I dont imagine for one minute it will be the last time you will meet Bono and the boys!!:wink:

I wonder if they will be back on the 27th as we should be over in Dublin for 3 days?:ohmy:

Really??

Hi there
My name is Tania...and as all of you here, I'm tottaly in love with the band...and specially Bono! I'm from Portugal..this small piece of land near by the sea!! ;o)
I was wondering...can you really make something from me reach bono? Cus, once I wrote a letter to the U2 world service for bono, but I never got an answer, so i think he never received it!!
I would love to talk to you privately, cus i really have somthing i would love bono to receive!!
My e-mail adress is tania.almeida@portugalmail.pt
But if you want to join me to your MSN list, my adress is my_kite@clix.pt

I'm feeling heaven...you blew me out of my mind girl!! let me know something from you soon!!

Love
Tania

Tania, i am adding to my MSN. Whenever u want, just have a chat with me (even if i am a bit busy at the moment) and i will be glad to help u! :hug:

i will try to get back there, but i dunno when. Another friend of mine(the guy i think i am in love with, just read my journal for further details :lol: ) is coming in 2 days (my best friend is leaving tomorrow :sad: ) so i won't be able to go to dublin next week. And then, i have exams. On the 29th of April, one the 4th of May, one the 10th and the last one on the 11th. But maybe i will find the time to go to Dublin 2days between 2 exams, if i know they are recording :up:
anyway, if i can't, i will be there from the 19th til the 24th or something cos i have to meet a fan from here and my parents who are coming on the 23rd.
Then i will be back to galway for a few days with my parents and then we will go to dublin one last time the 27th and i will be leaving ireland with them on the 29th. :sad:
I will spend the summer in France. And in september, i will be back to dublin!! :hyper:

sorry you trip was wasted Emilie, but no one can't say you didnt try...and don't I know all about the nice wet irish weather:hug: :wink:

miss-U2 said:

anyway, i am really sad for you guys, cos people who sent me stuff will have to wait again :sad:...

*We* know you do your best ! :yes: :hug:

i am quite angry cos i have the impression to have wasted money (and i don't have any left!!!!) but i know that if i had not gone there, i would have had regrets so... :wink:

:laugh:

I *do*understand *completely!!!*

While my friends & I didn't spend more than subway carfare and some snacks since we were gone for a whole bunch of hours-- we'd run down to either Madison Square Garden {nyc} or a particular ticket-selling outlets, we'd sit or mill around these area for hours when fairly strong rumours would circulate that Who tix were to go on sale!

We'd try to "look casual" re-sauntering past the places for x amount of times on a particular "Rumour Day". This happened all through the 70's.

Of course, *we* didn't think it was funny at the time! :grumpy: :lmao: < and a good excuse here to use two of my favorite apt emoticons >

So let me see if I have this right? You'll be in Dublin about the 19th- 24th of *May*? And the 27th of May?

If you have the ability to add something could I send you some stuff as I told you about, IF I can get it togehter in time enough to mail it to you. *I* thought you weren't going back to Dublin May {and then you were leaving Ireland for the summer}.

If you can't, I understand.
Then i'LL take my time over the summer to put it all together and send in the late summer/early Fall, when you've 'resettled'. I'll resend this as a e-m to you.

BTW what is the part of france like that your family lives in? I've never gotten up the nerve to fly farther than 2 hour trip in the USA. And since my last in '89, i've haven't even had the courage to do that!

But I've read enough, seen eough phtographs & travel documentaries and movies shot on location to know somewhat about the geography & some of the cities & countysides around the world.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom