Larry Drumming

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
omg I need to see this...if anyone could please copy this video I'd REEEEALLY appreciate it...

rihannsu, do you know when this was recorded?

Rob33 said:
omg I need to see this...if anyone could please copy this video I'd REEEEALLY appreciate it...

rihannsu, do you know when this was recorded?

Don't know exactly because they don't say but it was posted yesterday I think. I just noticed it tonight when I checked u2.com. It is recent because it is the second little video diary type thing that Adam has posted. The first was a trip to an art gallery for a showing of some photographers that Adam is into. That clip was hilarious because he ended it in the bathroom standing in front of the urinals.

Dana

rihannsu said:

Don't know exactly because they don't say but it was posted yesterday I think. I just noticed it tonight when I checked u2.com. It is recent because it is the second little video diary type thing that Adam has posted. The first was a trip to an art gallery for a showing of some photographers that Adam is into. That clip was hilarious because he ended it in the bathroom standing in front of the urinals.

Dana

:lol:

can you describe the video a little bit? how long is it? is anyone else visible in the video? Is it an electronic drumkit or acoustic? Wow i really really need to see this :hmm:

They didn't really give too much away with this one. Didn't really capture a very interesting section of drumming---nothing more than my 52-year-old drummer dad could do, or probably half of us for that matter. What does intrigue me is the funky little riff in the background....:hmm:

Oh, and Declan Gaffney (the dude conducting at the end) is a guy who's done some mixing & engineering, mainly for Van Morrison. :nerd:

This is a new low for U2.com - bar far the most ridiculous thing they've given us.

Why on earth did they think this constituted content in any way, or added any value to justify the cost of being a U2.com member?

Maybe tomorrow they'll give us a video of Edge tuning up... maybe if we get enough of these we can piece together the entire album, one 50-second clip at a time?

misterboo said:
This is a new low for U2.com - bar far the most ridiculous thing they've given us.

Why on earth did they think this constituted content in any way, or added any value to justify the cost of being a U2.com member?

Maybe tomorrow they'll give us a video of Edge tuning up... maybe if we get enough of these we can piece together the entire album, one 50-second clip at a time?

haha, it was different and more brief than I expected but come on...:giggle:...it's better than nothing! :shrug:

thanks very much btw for this video...is this the studio at HQ?

misterboo said:

Lol, think this must have been a bit of an in-joke. Although after watching U23D my respect for Larry has gone through the roof. He's utterly brilliant.

It started off quite intresting but after 0:10 it just didnt progress, typical :lol:

U2.com Exclusive: This just in! Larry Mullen Jr. has added a crash cymbal to his kit for the first time!

Lol that does sound like the live vertigo intro....

That makes me mad though if i was a member at u2.com. I mean, it sounds like adam just went up to larry and was like, play something for the people... and he did the vertigo beat or something just to satisfy us.

The_Edge89 said:

Who is is we see at the end though? Flood?

Utoo said:

Oh, and Declan Gaffney (the dude conducting at the end) is a guy who's done some mixing & engineering, mainly for Van Morrison. :nerd:

there ya go. ;)

I still say the more interesting bit is the guitar piece a few seconds in. if it's actually something that's been laid down, it's a lot more Blues Alley than they've done before...

He's using a zildjian crash cymbol, not his signature paiste....that would suggest a more up tempo jazzier sound possibly :hmm:

The guitar sounds like a bass guitar. I think its a good direction. The drums having a beat like that sends a good message to the fans that this may be Achtung Baby part 2!

^ Sounds like the same old same old Larry Mullen to me, nothing exciting really.

Rob33 said:
He's using a zildjian crash cymbol, not his signature paiste....that would suggest a more up tempo jazzier sound possibly :hmm:

while he's primarily used paiste pretty consistently since around War, he used zildjian's before that and has used them from time to time since. here's a good website for all of his gear by era, though they don't always have his cymbal info: http://u2-atomic-larry.tripod.com/id25.html

:nerd:

Am I the only one who loved that? :eek:
Sweeeeet rythym, glad to know there will be up tempo songs here. The riff I heard indeed sounds a bit eastern influenced. Nothing new and too exciting but I love seeing Larry drumming and studio footage. :D

Haha, it feels so funny to be so fascinated with something so simple and short... God I need a new U2 album. I feel like such a sheep...

That's cool news about the engineer from Van Morrison's previous work though... good stuff.

Back
Top Bottom