Lanois' next project - TWO bits of cool news.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edge_Orchestra

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Not sure if I'm posting in the right spot but... anywho...

So a friend in another forum talked with Dallas in Berlin. Dallas told him that Lanois had asked him to come work on a project with (former Led Zeppelin singer) Robert Plant! Dallas said he had to decline, as Edge has some new songs and that they'd be recording soon.

So TWO bits of cool news.

1) Daniel Lanois will be working on the new Robert Plant (possible Robert Plant and Allison Kraus) album. I think that would be a good marriage - Robert love of many types of music (folk, rock, blues, celtic, arabic) and Lanois' atmosperic touch in production.

2) Good to hear that while they have tracks that were done with Rick Rubin and supposedly an album worth of Lanois/Eno material under the title of 'Songs of Asent', it is good that there are still new song ideas coming, some of which may make the grade in time for the new album... If they pull the best form the Rubin sessions, Songs of Asent and some new ideas... I think they will make a great new album.

Glad to share.

Ms. LauraMullen... looks like we are going to many of the same shows. Be sure to say hello if you are in the GA lines. =O)

I will be at (both) Anaheim shows, Denver, Oakland, Seattle and East Rutherford. (Grand total of 6 for leg # 3)

:up: That's cool!

Wait woah? Edge is getting a new guitar?

Apparently, yes this seems to be the case.

"Edi", a member of the u2sound-forum wrote this post today:

"I was in berlin too, and the day after the show (when I got to meet bono and edge - I gave edge my bands cd's!!), i met dallas walking around the city (he was going to get some food) and we got to chat for 10 minutes. Unfortunately I wasnt alone, so I didnt get to ask him strictly techincal questions, but I asked him about the fuzz tone on ultraviolet and he said it's the harmonic transformer (not the fuzz gun as it appeared on a recent interview), and he said that edge prefers magnificent with the les paul, except for the solo, where he prefers the sound of the country gent. He also said that lanois called him to work with robert plant, but he had to turn it down because edge has just written a new song and wanted to go in the studio the same night to start working on it. The new album is technically ready, but the band are not happy with the people reaction over the new songs (he specified that edge is particularly sad when he sees people not getting into breathe as that's his favourite track), and so they want to reconsider some production aspects for the new songs, as well as throwing in a few newer ones.
And finally he said that he's working on a new prototype guitar for the edge, and once it's finished they'll sell the license to a guitar brand to build it for the market, but he's not going to reveal anything about it till it's finished. I suspect it might have something to do with matt bellamy's guitars from muse....!"

It's more or less what we were saying, they have the album more or less ready but want to add some hits to it. I'm not sure that's a good idea in principle (that's the problem I have with NLOTH, where beautiful atmospheric songs are interrupted by songs that attempt to be hits and break the flow of what otherwise would be a great album).

However, I am really happy that they are working on a new album and that it would conceivably come out before the next tour. NLOTH (despite my misgivings) is the best thing they have done in ages, and I really want to hear SOA.

Ideally I would love it if they would release the hit versions of the songs and then an additional CD with the ambient stuff for the fans.

Source/Original post: http://www.u2interference.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6511193&postcount=855

I'm familiar with santiago from the official Danny Lanois boards, and with Edi from the u2sound-forum.com boards so personally, I don't doubt that this is for real.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom