Lady GaGa General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's odd though that the first show is in a stadium then the tour moves into arenas with a couple more stadium shows along the way. Are they going to have a separate, larger stage set-up for the stadium shows? Or they just going to put an arena size stage in the stadiums? It seems like that wouldn't look very impressive and you'd think they would want the very first show, which is in a stadium, to be as impressive as possible since it's likely to get a lot of publicity.
maybe because new zealand and australia are in the southern hemisphere so it's going to the the middle of winter in june? indonesia's mostly in the southern hemisphere too but since it lies on/around the equator it's pretty hot year round, so they can get by with a stadium show.

maybe because new zealand and australia are in the southern hemisphere so it's going to the the middle of winter in june? indonesia's mostly in the southern hemisphere too but since it lies on/around the equator it's pretty hot year round, so they can get by with a stadium show.

I understand that, but she could have done arena shows in the warmer climates instead of a stadium show. It just seems odd to have the first date of the tour, which will get a ton of publicity, in a stadium when the vast majority of the shows will be in arenas since you would think the stage would be designed to look the best in an arena set-up.

I understand that, but she could have done arena shows in the warmer climates instead of a stadium show. It just seems odd to have the first date of the tour, which will get a ton of publicity, in a stadium when the vast majority of the shows will be in arenas since you would think the stage would be designed to look the best in an arena set-up.
ahh, i get what you mean. it is odd, but i guess it's about getting the largest venue possible in each city. so if the weather allows them to get a stadium, they will. it must be an arena sized stage, because for only two of the arena shows (auckland and...i forget the other one) they won't have the monster pit. that's not to say maybe she'd make other alterations to her stadium sized stage when it's in an arena, but i doubt she'd do that since her shows seem to be very much the same from one night to the next, like a play. i don't mean that in a bad way, but if they had to remove sections to get it to fit in an arena, the show would have to be adapted, which i don't think would happen. just a guess though, since like i said the only announcement that's been made about any adjustments for the leg is the removal of the monster pit for two cities.

The Born This Way Ball kicked off last night at the Olympic Stadium in Seoul, South Korea.

Lady Gaga Debuts Born This Way Ball in South Korea | Music News | Rolling Stone

The new stage for the Born This Way Ball. I find it a bit cheaper than the Monster Ball stage, in my opinion.

383520_10150686521332478_186542067477_9256090_221168237_n.jpg

The setlist is focusing more on recent material. All of the songs from 'Born This Way' were performed, and in terms of older material, she only performed her biggest hits.

"Highway Unicorn"
"Government Hooker"
"Born This Way"
"Bloody Mary"
"Bad Romance"
"Fashion of His Love"
"The Queen"
"Just Dance"
"Love Game"
"Telephone"
"Judas"
"Heavy Metal Lover"
"Bad Kids"
"Hair"
"Black Jesus † Amen Fashion"
"Yoü and I"
"Electric Chapel"
"Americano"
"Poker Face"
"Alejandro"
"Paparazzi"
"Scheiße"

Encore:

"The Edge of Glory"
"Marry the Night"

Looking at how the Monster Ball evolved, I hope this tour will evolve as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea9aBUPgYV0

Eww. Three from Fame Monster, plus all that Born This Way filler? Fuck that.

I care because I absolutely would see her live if tickets fell on my lap for not TOO much.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of that show. Waaaaay too much filler on Born This Way.

But considering how long she toured, I certainly don't blame her for wanting to perform different stuff.

Maybe it'll evolve a bit in time.

I heard she got clunked on the head with a pole thanks to a clumsy dancer, and kept on going despite a possible concussion! Bad ass.

She tweeted a picture of her resulting black eye later.

I heard she got clunked on the head with a pole thanks to a clumsy dancer, and kept on going despite a possible concussion! Bad ass.

She tweeted a picture of her resulting black eye later.

Yes, saw the video of that on 'The Soup' last night. It appeared to hit her pretty hard.

The show must go on...props to her for continuing the show, it was a pretty hard hit. If that happened to Axl Rose, he would have thrown a fit and walked off stage. :lol:

So, when is she going to announce those Latin American and North American dates? :madwife:

:bump:

Latin American dates for the Born This Way Ball were just announced - and, holy shit, the rumors are true - she's coming here. Tuesday, October 30th, night before Halloween - 2 hour drive to San Juan. :hmm: Only negative is that it's on a weekday, which is tough.

Those North American dates should be coming soon...

376220_10151158329894574_1080650455_n.jpg

yeah, i've heard the dates will be announced next month. so glad she's waiting until i'll have some cashmoney. whether or not she'll come anywhere near me, though? we'll see.

:hyper:

She played 3 dates in Boston between 2010 and 2011. I'm still kicking myself for not going. I am not missing her show this time.

I'm hoping they go on sale in October when I'm back to work. Why can't they schedule the tour date announcement around me, dammit? :grumpy:

Could not get tickets for the San Juan show. Tickets were absolutely snapped up between Thursday and Saturday. Luckily, a second show, surprisingly, has been announced for Halloween. I am definitely going to try to get tickets for that second show. GaGa + Halloween? Madness, I suppose.

Born This Way Ball dates have been announced for the U.S. and Canada. Surprisingly, there aren't as many dates as I thought there was gonna be.

Lady Gaga Plots North American Dates for Born This Way Ball Tour | Music News | Rolling Stone

1/11 – Vancouver, BC – Rogers Arena
1/14 – Tacoma, WA – Tacoma Dome
1/17 – San Jose, CA – HP Pavilion
1/20 – Los Angeles, CA – Staples Center
1/23 – Phoenix, AZ – US Airways Center
1/25 – Las Vegas, NV – MGM Grand Garden Arena
1/29 – Dallas, TX – American Airlines Center
1/31 – Houston, TX – Toyota Center
2/2 – St. Louis, MO – Scottrade Center
2/4 – Kansas City, MO – Sprint Center
2/6 – St. Paul, MN – Xcel Energy Center
2/8 – Toronto, ON – Air Canada Centre
2/11 – Montreal, QC – Bell Centre
2/13 – Chicago, IL – United Center
2/16 – Detroit, MI – Palace of Auburn Hills
2/19 – Philadelphia, PA – Wells Fargo Center
2/22 – New York, NY – Madison Square Garden
2/25 – Washington, D.C. – Verizon Center
2/27 – Boston, MA – TD Garden
3/2 – Atlantic City, NJ – Boardwalk Hall
3/6 – Brooklyn, NY – Barclays Center
3/10 – Nashville, TN – Bridgestone Arena
3/11 – Atlanta, GA – Philips Arena
3/13 – Tampa, FL – Tampa Bay Times Forum
3/15 – Ft. Lauderdale, FL – BankAtlantic Center
3/16 – Miami, FL – American Airlines Arena

Friggin' Tacoma. I hate going to shows there. *grumpy sigh*

But of course I'll go. Would like to get better seats this time.

Born This Way Ball dates have been announced for the U.S. and Canada. Surprisingly, there aren't as many dates as I thought there was gonna be.

On Twitter she referred to this as the '1st installment' of dates so expect more soon. Whether that means more cities or just more shows in the cities already announced remains to be seen.

Gonna see if I can get tix to the Phoenix show this time around--I know she puts on a great show and would love to see it. Hoping they're not too expensive.

She just tweeted some news about her next album:

ARTPOP is not just an ALBUM its a PROJECT Im excited to tell you all that ARTPOP is going to be a multimedia experience that comes in different forms. The most major way to fully immerse yourself in ARTPOP is through the APP. ARTPOP will be released as an IPAD, iPhone, mobile and computer compatible application (WORLD) that is completely interactive with chats, films for every song, extra music, content, gaga inspired games, fashion updates, magazines, and more still in the works! I will also be able to upload new things to the APP all the time, the same way i upload to twitter and LM.com. You inspired me to create something that communicated with images, because YOU do, YOU communicate with me and each other with .gifs and pictures, and artwork, graphics ALL DAY 24/7/ YOU'RE an ARTPOP generation. Im hoping you will all continue to grow together and stay connected through your creativity. much love. love, gaga p.s (start asking for IPADS FOR XMAS!!) its gonna be so fun. but dont worry. it will also be released in the regular physical and digitals which will be unique and different to the app.

i will be going to nashville. even though there's a huge gap beforehand i figure that's for the five million new york shows, i doubt tennessee can handle two days of such awesomeness.

then my responsible self thought "uhh bitch what if it's a school day?" and i looked it up. it's a sunday, the next day is the start of my spring break. only twice has this happened where i can go to a concert over a spring break. a friend of mine has already said he wants to go with me, though he also said he was going to go to another concert with me and flaked out.

just please let me be able to buy tickets during the general sale, that's all i ask.

baaaah, my friend's texting me about wanting to get ga tickets (god i hope gaga fans aren't bitchy) but he's wanting to try to get in the monster pit. ugh. i have horrible visions of him expecting me to do his make up and us lining up eight hours before the show (if i do ga i do that for only one band, k) just so i can count her nose hairs. i like her but i'll enjoy the show as much if i'm in row 50. probably moreso because i won't be getting shoved by some bitchy fan who just has to touch their qween!!!!™

KhanadaRhodes said:
baaaah, my friend's texting me about wanting to get ga tickets (god i hope gaga fans aren't bitchy) but he's wanting to try to get in the monster pit. ugh. i have horrible visions of him expecting me to do his make up and us lining up eight hours before the show (if i do ga i do that for only one band, k) just so i can count her nose hairs. i like her but i'll enjoy the show as much if i'm in row 50. probably moreso because i won't be getting shoved by some bitchy fan who just has to touch their qween!!!!™

Yeah, i will be soundboarding it. At the arena she is playing here, the nosebleeds are awful, so the floor is the only option that doesnt cost $250.

Supposedly, you can't line up before 8 for GA, so that will be better than U2. The Gaga fans I met while stalking U2 were nice.

I saw people talking about the price of the LA tickets ... that has me worried a bit. If it's hugely expensive, or if GA is the only way to go "cheap," I might bag it. I'd love to see her again, but only if the prices are somewhat reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom