LA/Ontario Fan Convention Pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Takasa said:
True, true. I would be in good hands. As much as I love California, the people (non-U2 folk) are just getting more rude and insensitive towards others. All I want to do is got to school, live life, listen to great music and be happy.

Maybe it's just the SD folk. Last time I was down there a few months back, I had to merge over to make a right hand turn and I pulled in front of this girl (who had plenty of room so it wasn't like I cut her off). She flipped me off for like the entire 2 mins I was waiting for the light to change.

I don't get it.

I don't get it either. I do a ton of driving for work, and I see all sorts of crazy things here. People eating soup, shaving with cream, reading books and newspapers, while driving. What happened to actually just plain 'ol driving. No wonder there is a bunch of wrecks. Oh well.

Takasa said:
I don't get it either. I do a ton of driving for work, and I see all sorts of crazy things here. People eating soup, shaving with cream, reading books and newspapers, while driving. What happened to actually just plain 'ol driving. No wonder there is a bunch of wrecks. Oh well.

You forget to mention re-touching makeup....:kiss:

OOOPS!...ok, but I'm careful and aware of my surroundings....:uhoh:

Last edited:
TheEdge U2JT said:

we Edge fans need to stick together. We could have our own club. We could plan mission trips to around the world to convert the Bono, Adam and Larrry lovers to the truth and light that is EDGE!

justa thought

Chas

I LUV Edge beanie and all but
...Once you go Bono you never go back:p

It might work on Adam and Larry lovers though...good luck

:bono: stole my :heart:

Bono B. Jones said:
She flipped me off for like the entire 2 mins I was waiting for the light to change.

you should have asked her to dance with you, that would have soothed her savage beast.

TheEdge U2JT said:

I think it must be you BB, People LOVE me in San Diego. Maybe it because you drive like an old man!

She was probably a (the only) Henry Rollins fan. That would explain it.

She looked like a Henry Rollins fan to me now that you mention it. That must've been it.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
no one picked up an official office of u2 security t-shirt from the u2mart.com booth? :sad:

I've been meaning to speak to you about this Mr. Clancy :mad:

You only sent 4 shirts over...all men's XL. I wanted one SOOOOO badly but I didn't want to buy a shirt that needed alterations for my 5'4" female frame :laugh:

And by the time Mr. BAW made his way to the table later in the day, the 4 shirts were gone :(

I told Pat I would order one directly from U2mart when they're available. :up:

7.jpg

beer stain not included

That picture clearly shows a beer stain. If my shirt doesn't have a beer stain, I'm returning it.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
well i didn't know how they'd sell... pat took just the four over to see what the interest was, and if the interest was there, they'd be going on u2mart... so the shirts will be available shortly... oh yes... oh yes.

i'll make every effort to have plenty available just in time for the holidays :up:

So since we tried to buy the shirts at the convention, is U2Mart gonna ship 'em for free????? bringing just 4 shirts was just not right.....

ctrimm said:
Oops My Bad, thank you again Abel, please forgive my impetious behavior. ~tiny

hi tiny :wave:

i took about 3 minutes worth of mpeg video on my digital camera while you were singing with JT...but i don't know how it turned out yet or how to get it to ya if it did turn out lol.

ABEL said:

hi tiny :wave:

i took about 3 minutes worth of mpeg video on my digital camera while you were singing with JT...but i don't know how it turned out yet or how to get it to ya if it did turn out lol.

http://www.yousendit.com/

PS, hi Tiny, its jesse who went to the R&H screening with you right before the April 28 Phoenix show in 2001!

Jessssseeeeee!!!

PS, hi Tiny, its jesse who went to the R&H screening with you right before the April 28 Phoenix show in 2001! [/B][/QUOTE]

Hi Jesse, are you still in Tempe or did you move back to Seattle? I hope you had a chance to see them on 11/23/01 I heard that that was the um bomb!!

See ya in the spring ~tiny

i'm still in tempe an i missed em on 11/23/01 cuz the folks bought me airfare for thanksgiving an i begged to stay but it wouldn't work, lol.

yes, see you in the spring!

ABEL said:
we were interviewed in a newspaper article while we were there...it was posted online today :D

there's a pic of moonie and oktobergirl in the article too!

Hey Able, there was another reporter taking notes as well. However, I can't recall who there were with.

Does anybody remember a reporter wearing a gren and white shirt?

yeah i've got her business card. i looked on that website today but didn't see anything, i'm going to email her tomorrow and ask her about it. it was some newspaper in palmdale, ca.

Cool, let me or Cleasai know if you have any information. She interviewed me and I just wanted to see my name in print. I know, I am being a bit wierd, but I know I still have a couple more minutes left on my 15 mintute total.

ABEL said:
yeah i've got her business card. i looked on that website today but didn't see anything, i'm going to email her tomorrow and ask her about it. it was some newspaper in palmdale, ca.

Hi everyone! It's supposedly going to be in the paper on 10/22. Chas talked to her yesterday and that's what she told him.

It was the Antelope Valley Press I believe.

Also, for those who were at our show Saturday night or anyone else who's interested for that matter, we have the video clip of Kite/40 up on our site now. www.u2jt.com

God bless y'all!

Jason.

Last edited:
Hanx for putting the Kite clip on your website, it sounds amazing.

heid more clips now.

Gary

Bono B. Jones said:

Hi everyone! It's supposedly going to be in the paper on 10/22. Chas talked to her yesterday and that's what she told him.

It was the Antelope Valley Press I believe.

Also, for those who were at our show Saturday night or anyone else who's interested for that matter, we have the video clip of Kite/40 up on our site now. www.u2jt.com

God bless y'all!

Jason.

Bono B. Jones said:

God bless y'all!

Jason.

You guys sounded amazing! I got quite a bit of the show from Sunday on video. I'm having to convert the files to a different format to put on my site (I know, more info than needed) but should have them up by tonight. They are not the best quality but it's something.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom