''Kiss the Future'' Tour (now named U2 360° Tour)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The economy in Canada is also in a recession it might not be as large as the US one but it definatly is there. This is the first time in 15 years Canada has ran a deficit as far as government spending goes, however the U2 fanbase in Canada is very strong and always has been.

I won't go into detail about the economy here but yes, compared to the U.S. (hence my use of the term 'relatively') , we're doing much better than them, although still in a recession.
It was sad to see so many bankruptcies when I was in the U.S. last week - shocking really.

Anyway, who knows - perhaps people will want to escape the bad times for a couple hours :shrug:

^3 in the morning East Coast

I just read through this whole thread...is it really that hard to get GA? Is it better to buy seats? I'm so confused! Has the time elapsed to get the pre-sale code?

I'll have no problem getting there super early, but from what I've read even if u get there early you're not guaranteed a good spot? I thought this was a first come first serve deal...and this whole lottery thing...:huh:
It all depends on the venue, I believe. I'm planning on trying to contact Jerryland in Dallas and/or Reliant Stadium in Houston (depending on what show(s)' dates work) about it before I get tickets... or would it be better to try to contact the promoter? I'm a n00b at this, too, so I don't know very well.

I won't go into detail about the economy here but yes, compared to the U.S. (hence my use of the term 'relatively') , we're doing much better than them, although still in a recession.
It was sad to see so many bankruptcies when I was in the U.S. last week - shocking really.

Anyway, who knows - perhaps people will want to escape the bad times for a couple hours :shrug:

The liquor industry in the US is apparently having surging profits right now, if that's any indication.

It all depends on the venue, I believe. I'm planning on trying to contact Jerryland in Dallas and/or Reliant Stadium in Houston (depending on what show(s)' dates work) about it before I get tickets... or would it be better to try to contact the promoter? I'm a n00b at this, too, so I don't know very well.

I've never been to a show as big as this...for Springsteen at Meadow Lands(I'm a fan, but not to the degree I am for U2) I went with some friends and we got nosebleeds...BUT WE STILL HAD A GREAT TIME...but all the while I kept thinking, "This isn't how it's gunna be when U2 comes along...I'm gunna b right up front"

For small venues I always manage to get great spots cause I get there the earliest...but this is a whole different ball game...

He also mentioned there is no "behind the stage", and Larry mentioned something about being near the middle of the field -"The stage is like a spaceship and this allows us to be placed close to the centre of the stadium."

I guess we'll see on Monday.

although this setup will have more tickets available, the amount of field tickets has to be less, since the stage is on the field this time...

although this setup will have more tickets available, the amount of field tickets has to be less, since the stage is on the field this time...

Surely wont make any difference, the stage is always on the field wherever it is positioned

I'm confused...

Has there been a presale for tickets already? There can't be one without tour dates first right?

Hi confused, I'm John. How are you? :wave:

Tour dates will be announced tomorrow... along with, presumably, information about the presale. 8am Dublin Time... although is Europe on daylight/summer time yet? That would be 3am east coast time if they are... but I know that the U.S. Congress pushed the switched to daylight time back (to last night) a few years ago, and I'm not sure if the rest of the world followed.

Stay tuned here for the fun of confusion.

Hi confused, I'm John. How are you? :wave:

Tour dates will be announced tomorrow... along with, presumably, information about the presale. 8am Dublin Time... although is Europe on daylight/summer time yet? That would be 3am east coast time if they are... but I know that the U.S. Congress pushed the switched to daylight time back (to last night) a few years ago, and I'm not sure if the rest of the world followed.

Stay tuned here for the fun of confusion.

Hi John... Thanks for the info. :)

I have another question for anyone who'd like to answer...

Is it worth it to become a member of U2.com to get in on the presale?

I've never been to a U2 concert... and if they come to South Florida, I'd like to see them if possible, and I'd rather be closer rather than farther... but I don't know if I should spend/can afford $250 tickets (and I don't even know what that gets you).

I'll be curious to see how the speakers are set up for a 360 setup and if it will be blocking anyone's view.

Europe doesn't change their clocks until the end of March so until then, there's only a 4 hour difference between Eastern Standard Time & Ireland.

4 am :hyper:

I'm reading about artificial gravity... but I probably shouldn't stay up until 1...

I haven't been her for awhile... but I'm as excited for the tour news as anybody. Soooo, I'm gonna stay up, drink some tea, write some essays, and get some juicy U2 news while listening to NLOTH.
:wave:

Good morning from Holland folks!!:lol:
It's 6.30am enjoying a cup of coffee... In a about 20 minutes the kids will wake up and the work week starts :ohmy:
...looking forward to 9am....
take care you all
- Will

Two more hours. I was going to try to stay up, but I'm tired. :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom