June 7, 2011 - McAfee Coliseum - Oakland, CA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My mom is coming with me on my west coast trip! :hyper: She probably won't be coming with me to the show in Oakland since we'll be seeing them in Seattle. She's the type of person who can see a show once and that's it for her. But y'all will get to meet her if/when we have a gathering. :)

In a wierd way this actually kind of worked out better for me that the show was rescheduled due to something coming up last minute(family thing).Me and my friend are definitely looking forward to this show.:drool:

Hello all,
It has been a long time since I've been to a concert that was such a large venue, and I've never been to the Oakland coliseum. The seats seem far and i was thinking of buying a GA ticket to get much closer. Are there different sections of GA (other than the red zone) where they use fence barriers to keep people from packing together too tight in front? Does one just line up outside early in the day to get a good spot in the front area of GA?

I currently live in Pittsburg! (originally from Oregon)

Oh wow.It's a Small World sometimes.I never really met anyone that was from Pittsburg besides me and my friend that actually Loves U2.There was a girl in High School that was a big fan but she wasn't from Pittsburg.Do you like it there or is it kind of Meh?

how do I answer without hurting your feelings? Let's just say that from my knowledge of the town, it has really gone downhill in the last five years or so...

Fairfield is prettty close to here, we should get together for a beer before the show.

Hello all,
It has been a long time since I've been to a concert that was such a large venue, and I've never been to the Oakland coliseum. The seats seem far and i was thinking of buying a GA ticket to get much closer. Are there different sections of GA (other than the red zone) where they use fence barriers to keep people from packing together too tight in front? Does one just line up outside early in the day to get a good spot in the front area of GA?

There's the "inner circle" or pit and then the general field or outer area or pitch. Unlike last tour, it's first come first served for the inner circle. And there are as many arguments for and against being in the pit as there are people on this site. Look around and you'll find entire threads devoted to the subject. But to answer your question, yes. Line up early for a good spot. Oh, and the only thing separating the pit from the pitch is the catwalk where every member of the band spends some time during the concert. So if you're outside the pit you still get to get "up close" to the band at some point in the evening.

how do I answer without hurting your feelings? Let's just say that from my knowledge of the town, it has really gone downhill in the last five years or so...

Fairfield is prettty close to here, we should get together for a beer before the show.

LOL.You wont hurt my feelings regarding Pittsburg(Believe Me I Know)but sure a beer sounds like that would be cool sometime.

I had the chance to get GAs but I didn't because unfortunately my autistic brother is coming and wouldn't approve of such shenanigans. :(

Still, I'm super excited.

That sounds fun, but I'll have the whole family with me. Hmm.

This might sound incredibly snobby, but I'd like to spend as little time in Oakland as possible. I'm scared of it.

154262_10150099248580439_759070438_7319720_7891619_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom