June 7, 2011 - McAfee Coliseum - Oakland, CA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
These photos from San Jose Merc site shows there is more GA room in the previously named 'black hole." Looks like just the diamond is off limits. I think this will help keep the crush from the outer front rail. (see the photo #14)

Overstock.com Coliseum gets ready for U2 360 Tour - San Jose Mercury News

Screen-shot-2011-06-06-at-7.56.32-PM.png

Well from this angle it doesnt look too bad.

Anyone see this?

U2 going full circle with stadium show

This critic's review of NLOTH was VERY negative (I think he only liked Magnificent), but his reviews are usually pretty funny:

"The set list:

"I Will Follow" or "New Year's Day" or "Out of Control"

The second song in the set will most likely be a throwback to the mullet years, dispatched early on to remind people that this is a band with some serious history. Also, so the old people in the crowd can get home in time for "Frasier.""

I'm so excited/nervous about tomorrow! First U2 concert! :drool:

"The set list:

"I Will Follow" or "New Year's Day" or "Out of Control"

The second song in the set will most likely be a throwback to the mullet years, dispatched early on to remind people that this is a band with some serious history. Also, so the old people in the crowd can get home in time for "Frasier.""

I'm so excited/nervous about tomorrow! First U2 concert! :drool:

:p well I like their early 80s stuff best, and I'm not old

and :hi5: me too!

I'm tempted to not even bother lining up for this one. I couldn't be there today to put my name on the list (just got home from Seattle!), and the parking already seems like such a nightmare. And now two lines? I don't know. :|

Look how big the GA section is. Honestly I wouldn't worry about showing up late. Good spots will still be able to be had. The show did not sell out.

Hey Malcolm, what do you do at the stadium? :p

edit: Oh, and my info about the two lines was from Craig Evans. If local security or live nation told me that I would not trust that enough to tell others. But Craig calls the shots.

the line is on the BART overcrossing. go there and get a number. the people at the front gate will have a number soon enough.

These photos from San Jose Merc site shows there is more GA room in the previously named 'black hole." Looks like just the diamond is off limits. I think this will help keep the crush from the outer front rail. (see the photo #14)

Overstock.com Coliseum gets ready for U2 360 Tour - San Jose Mercury News

Screen-shot-2011-06-06-at-7.56.32-PM.png

It is what it is! ...But seriously, if they wanted to care for the baseball "in-field grass" and "pitching mound", they should have just built the sound mix desk just on-top of it, (not behind it), that is, so that the front GA area is not sacrificed, ...we have baseball in Sun Life Stadium in Miami too, ...and so now I wonder how our GA area will be compromised on June 29th, 2011!!!

EDIT: ..Then again, and upon further research, I found a picture online of Sun Life Stadium and the football field set up over the baseball diamond/pitching mound whenever the Miami Dolphins played and their season over-lapped with the Florida Marlins season, and so, what the heck are these people thinking, if they can play football on the "infield grass/pitching mound" area during baseball season, then they can surely lay out more protective metal sheets over this area and allow for the normal GA field lay-out!!!!

BTW...Enjoy the concert Cali!!! ...Some say there might be a surprise song played tonight!!!

The Raiders actually play for the first month or two of the season with their field overlapping the baseball infield. I think the issue here is the infield doesn't get covered during football season - if they put the tarp down there the grass would die and putting new sod down would render it unplayable.

Woo Hoo! The Wife and I have seen U2 many times including Zoo TV in this very stadium, tonight we take our 2 kids for their first rock concert! We will be sitting 3 rows above that green wall directly behind the claw, we are real happy we're so close! Have a great time everybody!

Woo Hoo! The Wife and I have seen U2 many times including Zoo TV in this very stadium, tonight we take our 2 kids for their first rock concert! We will be sitting 3 rows above that green wall directly behind the claw, we are real happy we're so close! Have a great time everybody!

Sounds and looks like you have great seats! :up:

First U2 Concert Tonight!

I just picked up my tickets at Stubhub for the show tonight and I cant wait, this is going to be my first U2 show EVER!!

Stubhub had some great deals - I got lower Level tickets for just $70 each!

I just picked up my tickets at Stubhub for the show tonight and I cant wait, this is going to be my first U2 show EVER!!

Stubhub had some great deals - I got lower Level tickets for just $70 each!

One you start going to these U2 shows, you can't stop. :wink:

Have a good one!

"Not lining up" ended up meaning lining up at 7am for me. The line I'm in is surprisingly short and hasn't grown much in the 3 hours I've been here. No idea what the other line looks like. I'm on the side with all the suckers who paid to park here - myself included.

They just started playing that damn Assassin of Love song.

Someone tweeted the line near the parking lot has about 300 people and the other line has 100.

Gate A is closest to the parking lot and Gate B is on the south side of the stadium according to the tweet.

I'm going. I have a ticket for Section 129 that I bougth 10000 years ago (or so it seems). Per all the diagrams I've seen, this is a good spot to sit. I'll be coming right from work (Petaluma) and possibly with a coworker/friend (and maybe his g-friend, if she's not too ill).

I saw this show 4 times, but not in CA. And it's now been almost 2 years - so it should be fun!

reading about "The 2 lines" is making me anxious...and I am not even going to this one!! Denver was SO organized and peaceful...hope you guys have a good experience:hyper:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom