June 30th, 2010 East Lansing, MI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The sooner winter is over, the sooner the show is, so ummmm go away winter!

Kind of like rain...rain go away instead it's snow...snow go away. The show is definatley something to look forward to during the long winter. Soon as the thaw starts and the trees start to bud the show isn't too far off.

I'm excited for this show. Sucks about no Cleveland show. I'm always up for a road trip. I didn't get GA's either and was online right at 10am, settled for $95 seats. If I find GA's later know a few people I can sell these too.

I havn't checked stubhub in awhile but before GA's were 100$ and now there 120 >_< ... I hope they go down soon?

If anyone is looking for a place to stay, let me recommend the Ramada Inn/Convnetion Center. At about 7.5 miles form stadium, it is not the closest but the rates are much lower than most in the area and was recently renovated. You can reserve and cancel with no charge as well.

If anyone is looking for a place to stay, let me recommend the Ramada Inn/Convnetion Center. At about 7.5 miles form stadium, it is not the closest but the rates are much lower than most in the area and was recently renovated. You can reserve and cancel with no charge as well.

Thanks for the info. Will definatley have to check it out when I look to book a room.

I booked a room at the Cauaseway bay hotel in Lansing. It was $100, place is about 7miles from the stadium.

Odd when I checked a last week that palce was booked??? Doesn't matter.

Are any of youse heading to the gig in Toronto after East Lansing? I'm checking flights n trains. Flights cost £142, the train takes twenty hours! It's only 262 miles apparently, so it'd be well driveable, although I guess there may be a delay at the border. Anybody fancy a wee road trip?

Are any of youse heading to the gig in Toronto after East Lansing? I'm checking flights n trains. Flights cost £142, the train takes twenty hours! It's only 262 miles apparently, so it'd be well driveable, although I guess there may be a delay at the border. Anybody fancy a wee road trip?

You'd have to get from East Lansing to Detroit, which isn't very far, but the bus from Detroit to Toronto is only 5.5-6 hours.

Edit: Bus from E. Lansing to Detroit is 1:45 to 2:30 hours.

:wave:
We're in! Bought tix this week...the hubby, myself, AND our 4 1/2 yr old son will be going on a 6 hr road trip from Youngstown, OH to MI!
(And yes, as a hardcore Buckeyes fan, the thought of driving through Ann Arbor makes me ill, lol.)

Wish it was Cleveland or even Columbus, oh well. Worth it anyways! :hyper:

:wave:
We're in! Bought tix this week...the hubby, myself, AND our 4 1/2 yr old son will be going on a 6 hr road trip from Youngstown, OH to MI!
(And yes, as a hardcore Buckeyes fan, the thought of driving through Ann Arbor makes me ill, lol.)

Wish it was Cleveland or even Columbus, oh well. Worth it anyways! :hyper:

I know how you feel as I am from Columbus!! The thought of driving thru Ann Arbor let alone any part of Michigan makes me ill too!!:barf: We will be driving from Columbus so see you there! AND YES!! Cannot believe no Ohio this tour....oh well....definitely next tour they HAVE to play Ohio!

Hi All.....I'm trying to get a feel for how many people might be interested in a meet-up before the show. I see there are lots of folks from Ohio (like me) planning to go.

I planned a meet up in Chicago---and it was FUN to meet everyone who came--we had a great time.

So PM me or reply to this thread if you think you might be interested. I am going to be with my Husband and 8 year old son (his second show!!!!) So it most defiantely will be a family friendly event. AND if you live in the area and can assist by recommending a location to meet/drink/eat at PM me...it would be of great help...

Thanks

PartyGirl43

Take the bus from East Lansing to Detroit. Bus from E. Lansing to Detroit is 1:45 to 2:30 hours.

Take the tunnel bus to Windsor bus station. Go to Via Rail station. Take Via Rail strait to Union in Toronto, walk to Rogers Centre.

I know how you feel as I am from Columbus!! The thought of driving thru Ann Arbor let alone any part of Michigan makes me ill too!!:barf: We will be driving from Columbus so see you there! AND YES!! Cannot believe no Ohio this tour....oh well....definitely next tour they HAVE to play Ohio!

I can't believe no Cleveland--the R&R HoF is there, for cripes' sake! Oh well, at least it's driveable...about 6 hrs for us. And it's either that or not seeing them, and after getting the Tampa show for my bday, I can't NOT see them again, ya know? I wish we had the $$ to go to Philly in July.

Dublin is a fun place...I was there at 7AM on St. Patrick's Day and it was a riot (they were too classy to serve us college kids green beer, but that's what Guinness is for, right?)

because we're a college town, all of our bars are close and along the Grand River strip, and because this is a summer in a college town, none of the bars should be particularly crowded with non-U2 people. I'm certainly up for any after-show celebrations!

Can I help anyone with East Lansing questions? Spartan Stadium is in the center of our campus surrounded by one-lane roads so I recommend parking somewhere else and making the not-long walk around my beautiful school. It'll make escaping post-show much easier too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom