July 8th and 9th- Hippodrome- Montreal!! (Part 7)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
this is getting close, and the numbers are scaring me.

what to do, what to do......

Me too Roman. Like I have said, if I end up just soundboarding it, I know I will still have a great time with friends!:up:

What about a meet-up after the first show in the "tailgate" party area?

Just a thought.

Do you mean instead of a Thursday night meet up? I'd like to do dinner or apps or something like that earlier Thursday (maybe 6 pm) and then get back at a decent hour. However, you are one of the few who saw me immediately after my encounter with the leather in Winnipeg:shifty:, and it was fun swapping show stories with you! :wink: I'd be up for that again too!

this is getting close, and the numbers are scaring me.

what to do, what to do......

:panic::panic::panic:

We aren't even in town yet and already making the news. I'm so proud.

(I expect the headlines on July 10th to read "Canadian City Left Shaken by Plebans.")
:giggle:

"The giant inflatable spider legs that span the stage must be anchored in cement casings that are being built now, with the concert still a month away, he noted."

What the hell are they talking about???

:giggle: sounds like the claw is now a giant bouncy house!

:lol:

Achtung Baby! Ride a bus to the U2 concert

Not sure if anyone caught this article in The Montreal Gazette, but it stated that it could take THREE hours to get off the site. :crack: My husband is already panicking.

^^^
You are not kidding!!! When I read that, I just started laughing!!! Foxboro was the first thing that came to mind. The first question my husband asked was, how far is it from the hotel?

Thanks to Roman for scoping out our hotel when he was on a visit last year! I can't even imagine how many headaches you have saved us!:hug::up:

^
My husband just looked at your hotel and there was just one room left...for two people. If we knew what the transportation situation was going to be like, we would have stayed there.:doh:

Three (me, my husband, and my step-daughter)...the Quality Inn had a room with a queen bed. My husband is now resolved to the fact that we are stuck in this situation and I think his anxiety level is going down a bit...

Galeongirl said:
Oh you're right. :D

Well then perhaps we could still do the sleepover line up, and take turns taking a shower and short nap every hour or so? :hmm:

:up: I'm all for getting in line after the show. Perhaps after a while walking back to the hotel for something to nap on/take a likely much needed shower.

As crazy and clusterfucky as all of this sounds, I really think it will end up being a fun sort of madness. :hyper:

I'm sooo excited about the show and reading about all of you coming to the show! I'm going alone (all my friends only "kinda like U2" (because of me - oh well, their loss) so I need a dose of U2 fan party!!

Going alone from Toronto... so I was wondering if you have any input on these:
1. I'll be staying at a hostel (not exactly close to the stadium) and I'm planning on just lining up after the 1st concert... but where could I put my sleeping bag and such before show nr.1 and be able to take them for the night before show nr.2 (since I'm not going by car)?

2. Those of you who are going to the Toronto show as well: are you driving, taking the bus, carpooling, flying....? And when do you leave Montreal?

3. Who's going to the Mtl shows from Toronto and when are you leaving?

Looking forward to meeting you all!

:wave:Welcome to the thread!

There really is nowhere to put your stuff, so I am just bringing it with me and ditching it when we get inside. No other option really, since I don't want to make the trek back to our hotel.

We are catching the train Sunday morning to the Toronto show. It will be a welcome chance to sit and relax!:love:

:wave: Hi!

Like Amy said, there's no where to put your stuff during the show :/ So it's usually either bring only things you don't mind throwing away, or take anything you have back to your hotel/car. There's no parking onsite so no one will have a car- otherwise you could ask someone to hold your stuff for you.

There is a Wal Mart next to the venue, so maybe you could just get something cheap from there to sleep on instead of bringing your stuff, since you wouldn't want to throw that away.

Are you also going to the Toronto show? I would recommend the train...it was pretty cheap and, again, you can nap. A lot of us in here are going to both cities I think.

Thanks for the welcome! :wave:

I was thinking of taking the bus to and from Montreal just because it's half price compaired to train and I have to save money (for rent LOL). I found Megabus tix.... I'd love to go on the train esp now that you said that there are many from here going by train so I must admit I'm torn: save money or spend some great time chatting with fellow U2 fans.... sigh.....

As for the stuff to throw away.... First: I don't want to take anything but my camera into the show! That's pretty self explanatory (even if I didn't articulate it correctly in my previous post hahhaha). But...what about all the clothing to keep us warm during the night? I mean, I could sneak away for 1h (i've just googled that it's 20 mins by subway to my hostel, and then back) I suppose.... I don't need chair, tent etc... but I do get very cold when just sitting in one place.... It wasn't a problem in Seattle going away for a shower and such before noon so I hope it will be the same in Montreal?

Like Amy said, there's no where to put your stuff during the show :/ So it's usually either bring only things you don't mind throwing away, or take anything you have back to your hotel/car. There's no parking onsite so no one will have a car- otherwise you could ask someone to hold your stuff for you.

There is a Wal Mart next to the venue, so maybe you could just get something cheap from there to sleep on instead of bringing your stuff, since you wouldn't want to throw that away.

Are you also going to the Toronto show? I would recommend the train...it was pretty cheap and, again, you can nap. A lot of us in here are going to both cities I think.

There was an article about the 360 concerts in the free daily Metro this morning, saying that 160 000 are expected for U2. So it will be 80k a night, therefore a 40 thousand ppl GA is strongly believable.

i wished they had thought of setting up a carnaval in the back half of the field. a lot will have some free time on their hands waiting in the GA line.

Three (me, my husband, and my step-daughter)...the Quality Inn had a room with a queen bed. My husband is now resolved to the fact that we are stuck in this situation and I think his anxiety level is going down a bit...

Most hotels have rollaway beds for a 3rd person if you ask- they may charge like $10 for it, but would be worth it in this case!

The idea of getting back in line after N1 doesn't sound so bad seeing those massive numbers. :yikes:

I think when I line up for the 2nd show will depend on where I end up for the first. If I end up right under Edge the first night (O HAI THAR!!), I'm cool with having a less than awesome spot on the 2nd. If I end up somewhere not so great the first night, I'll kick ass and take names the 2nd for a good spot. :D

I actually like the idea of being close to the soundboard - The sound will be best and the photos I can take of the Claw will be great - I can also move around and use the John's - I may venture down Adam's side halfway through the show and see how close I can get - Maybe behind RZ2

:wave:Welcome to the thread!

There really is nowhere to put your stuff, so I am just bringing it with me and ditching it when we get inside. No other option really, since I don't want to make the trek back to our hotel.

We are catching the train Sunday morning to the Toronto show. It will be a welcome chance to sit and relax!:love:

We could always walk somewhere close to the venue, like Timmies, with our stuff and then take a cab to the hotel to dump our stuff and then take a cab back to the Timmies and walk back the rest of the way. We could take turns doing that or a few people could just take everything back. It would be a quick ride, like 5 minutes. If I'm gonna be in line all day, I want to be comfortable and have my good chair, etc.

We could always walk somewhere close to the venue, like Timmies, with our stuff and then take a cab to the hotel to dump our stuff and then take a cab back to the Timmies and walk back the rest of the way. We could take turns doing that or a few people could just take everything back. It would be a quick ride, like 5 minutes. If I'm gonna be in line all day, I want to be comfortable and have my good chair, etc.

From my Google exploring yesterday, it looks like Timmies is only maybe a 5 min walk from the Hippodrome (depending on which end you're at, I guess.) I have no idea what taxis cost in Montreal, but it couldn't be that much to get one to take us a mile or so, right? Especially if we split it between 2-3 of us!

I think when I line up for the 2nd show will depend on where I end up for the first. If I end up right under Edge the first night (O HAI THAR!!), I'm cool with having a less than awesome spot on the 2nd. If I end up somewhere not so great the first night, I'll kick ass and take names the 2nd for a good spot. :D

Keep in mind it's one of the few gigs that has 2 nights. 2nd Night setlists are ALWAYS a change, so could be pretty damn special. Well worth being up close for. :hmm:

I think traffic around there is going to be a nightmare, and many of the streets in the area may be closed. :crack:

From my Google exploring yesterday, it looks like Timmies is only maybe a 5 min walk from the Hippodrome (depending on which end you're at, I guess.) I have no idea what taxis cost in Montreal, but it couldn't be that much to get one to take us a mile or so, right? Especially if we split it between 2-3 of us!

Yeah Timmies is right there. I was there last July. It's attached to a Wendy's and there are other restaurants in that area too. If cabs can get down those streets, I'm gonna take one back to the hotel when it's time to get rid of our stuff. It'll be super cheap and a lot faster then walking.

I think traffic around there is going to be a nightmare, and many of the streets in the area may be closed. :crack:

Might not be during the day. Probably around the time the gates open though. We'll just have to play it by ear. If not, then I'll just walk back super early with all my gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom