July 30, 2011 - Magnetic Hill, Moncton, NB II: Camping Out For U2 ... For Real!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice article in the Times & Transcript this morning

timestranscript.com - U2 brings 'epic' show to Metro Moncton | By Eric Lewis - Breaking News, New Brunswick, Canada

Plus a nice image of zee claw and the seats in behind is where myself and my fiance will be.

image.php
anyone else kinda sad this is the last time the claw will ever be put up for a u2 gig?

Ill have on a white Kenny Powers t shirt on Thurday night in Dartmouth probably, maybe a Superman shirt, friday, and I always have something U.R.I. or Rhode Island. Im also like 6-2 with a beard. Say hi if you see me in concert camping. Ill have my three buds with me. Howie

Need your help
Hi guys and gals. I'm a reporter at the newspaper in Moncton and I'm doing a story on folks coming here from "away" for Saturday's concert. So if you are traveling to Moncton for the big show, I'd love to talk to YOU, yes I said YOU, even if just briefly. There is nothing too complicated about this, I just need to know your name, where you are traveling from, how you are traveling here, if you've been to other U2 shows, what you expect of Saturday's grande finale, whether you will tour around Moncton and see the sights or just take in the show and go home, where are you staying, that sort of stuff.
Feel free to PM me your phone number and I'd be pleased to call you, or you can reach me via email at fosterj@timestranscript.com, or you can PM me your answers, or you can ring me up at 506 859 7133.
Quite simply, the story is about the people who are coming here from afar, their past U2 experiences and their expectations for Saturday's final show. All comments graciously appreciated, but please be aware I need your name and hometown or I cannot use them.
See you at the show! :wave:
Kindest regards,
Jim

Let's do it. I think that makes sense. There may be some place closer to meet-up to carpool, but we've said McDonalds, so we should stick with that.
Assuming all goes well with our drive up and tent set-up, we'll plan on being at McDs at 7pm.

If people are closer to Moncton or just want to pop in, plan on being at the Pumphouse at 7:30pm. If it's too crowded there, we'll wait there or outside until about 8pm and then find somewhere else.

Okay see you at McD's at 7 :hyper:

If everyone is okay with trying to get together, how about a list, so we can try to be in touch:
(copy and add your name)

kramwest1 (Mark & Heather)

KristenCaNaDiAn (Kristen) and probably 2 more

Nice article in the Times & Transcript this morning

timestranscript.com - U2 brings 'epic' show to Metro Moncton | By Eric Lewis - Breaking News, New Brunswick, Canada

Plus a nice image of zee claw and the seats in behind is where myself and my fiance will be.

image.php

:applaud:

Gathering folks, I'm not sure if I'll be there by 7:30, so this best be an extended evening!!! :madwife:

If everyone is okay with trying to get together, how about a list, so we can try to be in touch:
(copy and add your name)

RavenBlue (Neely & Nick)

(copy and add your name)

RavenBlue (Neely & Nick)
Jive Turkey (Gary) I'm going to do my best to make it there in time, but if not, we'll try to find everyone afterward

(copy and add your name)

RavenBlue (Neely & Nick)
Jive Turkey (Gary) I'm going to do my best to make it there in time, but if not, we'll try to find everyone afterward

Oh, post-show gathering. Duh! :doh:

Anyone?

(and it would be great to finally meet you Jive/Gary)

(copy and add your name)

RavenBlue (Neely & Nick)
Jive Turkey (Gary)
Corianderstem (Alicia)

I'm in the same boat as JT. Will do my best to get there in time. Will also need to set up my tent before doing anything else, because there's no way I'll be able to do it at night.

Am hoping to haul ass and make it there late afternoon. :)

Also, it bums me out to hear people talk about being disappointed in advance if we don't get x song. Whatever disappointment I feel about potentially having a standard setlist will be far outweighed by being at the final show. With friends. And Arcade Fire!

(and it would be great to finally meet you Jive/Gary)

The feeling is mutual, man.

And pre or post, I'm down for a gathering

Also, it bums me out to hear people talk about being disappointed in advance if we don't get x song. Whatever disappointment I feel about potentially having a standard setlist will be far outweighed by being at the final show. With friends. And Arcade Fire!

^that. I'm stoked and am going to make the best of it

(copy and add your name)

RavenBlue (Neely & Nick)
Jive Turkey (Gary)
Corianderstem (Alicia)
GraceRyan (Amy +2 - if one of them doesn't lose their shit beforehand)

We are leaving Boston hopefully no later than 6am Friday morning. I'm hoping that puts us there around 3pm the latest.

According to that posted Times and Transcript article, U2 have played their 360 tour on 30 CONTINENTS. That must be a record, lol.

Other than ponchos, hoodies (could get cool), garbage bags, and baggies (for cameras) - any advice for coping with the impeding rain?

According to that posted Times and Transcript article, U2 have played their 360 tour on 30 CONTINENTS. That must be a record, lol.

Other than ponchos, hoodies (could get cool), garbage bags, and baggies (for cameras) - any advice for coping with the impeding rain?

Just go with it! I had a poncho in Minneapolis and after 2 minutes of wearing it, I took it off and just got soaked. There's no way of beating the rain so just embrace it. I found it actually made the show better :wink:

Wanted to make sure this gets seen again:

Need your help
Hi guys and gals. I'm a reporter at the newspaper in Moncton and I'm doing a story on folks coming here from "away" for Saturday's concert. So if you are traveling to Moncton for the big show, I'd love to talk to YOU, yes I said YOU, even if just briefly. There is nothing too complicated about this, I just need to know your name, where you are traveling from, how you are traveling here, if you've been to other U2 shows, what you expect of Saturday's grande finale, whether you will tour around Moncton and see the sights or just take in the show and go home, where are you staying, that sort of stuff.
Feel free to PM me your phone number and I'd be pleased to call you, or you can reach me via email at fosterj@timestranscript.com, or you can PM me your answers, or you can ring me up at 506 859 7133.
Quite simply, the story is about the people who are coming here from afar, their past U2 experiences and their expectations for Saturday's final show. All comments graciously appreciated, but please be aware I need your name and hometown or I cannot use them.
See you at the show! :wave:
Kindest regards,
Jim

I sent him my info, and have exchanged a few emails about the site and camping. Super helpful and friendly guy - reach out to him today! :)

(copy and add your name)

RavenBlue (Neely & Nick)
Jive Turkey (Gary)
Corianderstem (Alicia)
Canedge (Albie) will be there around noon.

(copy and add your name)

RavenBlue (Neely & Nick)
Jive Turkey (Gary)
Corianderstem (Alicia)
Canedge (Albie) will be there around noon.
angelordevil (Kip)

I'm in the same boat as JT. Will do my best to get there in time. Will also need to set up my tent before doing anything else, because there's no way I'll be able to do it at night.

Am hoping to haul ass and make it there late afternoon. :)

I'll likely be exhausted, having traveled overnight on the ferry. Also a very light sleeper, so I could be extra grumpy! But I'm definitely going to try and make it. :up:

Cori, I might be able to give you a hand with that tent! And, I fully agree with your thoughts on the setlist...AF alone absolutely makes this show beyond brilliant.

How definitively Canadian is this shot? AMAZING. Love the forest backdrop.

Thanks for the offer of help! :) Everyone I've talked to told me how easy-going and friendly everyone will be there, so I'm sure I could find 18 people within 5 minutes to help me. :lol:

Thanks for the offer of help! :) Everyone I've talked to told me how easy-going and friendly everyone will be there, so I'm sure I could find 18 people within 5 minutes to help me. :lol:

It might like a NASCAR pit stop crew...that thing could be assembled in mere seconds. :wink:

Well, 5 on this planet. :wink:

I'm sure it will get cool.
I like Tevas or other strap-on sandals for the rain. My hiking boots got soaked in Montreal from the rain running down my legs.
I can't stress having multiple baggies enough.
I'm going with a wider brim hat, too. I refuse to have rain stop me getting photos and video this time.

My two mistakes in the Mpls. rain were buying a concert t-shirt that became a big sponge in my pocket and just having too much stuff with me. Strip down figuratively or literally.

corianderstem said:

Yeah, Canadians are the friendliest, coolest cats on the planet, you won't have any problem finding people to help assemble your wigwam.

Have a great time everyone, wish I could be there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom