July 23, Olympic Stadium in Rome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Me, my sister and my buddy are gonna be there, we're coming in from Croatia thru Milan (July 20th baby) and are doing Rome. I would totally like to chill with some of y'all.

Maybe when I book our hostel and figure out what places they have around there, we can arrange a meeting place? We should be in Rome on either the 21st or 22nd.

my email is deadjoe02@yahoo.com for anyone that seriously wants to meet up.

should be very entertaining

Hrvoje

Yeeaaaaaa gathering party after the show!!!

Add 20 more Spanish guys to the party!..... we also have GA tix so we'll join to all the greeks!!!! :wink:

*peeks in* I HOPE I can make it to this show. I'll be visiting a friend that week (he's stationed at Aviano air base) and really want to go to this concert, but being that this is a last-minute trip, I've yet to find tickets. If I do, count me in on a meet-up. :D

menelaos said:
Apoca this is a deal..!!!!
Bring a flag or something so we can meet each other..!!!
And I want to listen Streets near Fontana di Trevi...!!!!

Perfect!!!!.... nor one but two flags I will carry. A big Spanish flag with a Bull in it and, of course.... MY U2 Lovetown Flag..... you'll recognize us!!!!

And... I agree with you.... Streets.... fontana.... AHHHH it makes me chill!!!!!!

Can't wait, can't wait....:drool:

menelaos said:
Apoca why don't you make a spanish flag with a U2 or something in it so we can change flags...
That would be a good idea...:wink:

Hey mate!!! that is such a good idea!!!... i'll work on it and do my best.... it sounds really nice to interchange our flags!!!

I'm working on it!!!!

If you want to visit our webpage take a look at:

foro.u2spain.com

Hello hello!!

Look, I thought it'd be great if all the people going to the concert in Rome would do something really special so that U2 and US fans will remember this concert! What do you think? I think it'd be so much fun to organize all this, it doesn't have to be something sophisticated, I think the more simple it is, the more beautiful it will look. So please, anyone, if you have some ideas or if you'd like to discuss about it feel free!! We have a bit more than a week, I think we can do it!
Take good care, thanks for taking the time to read this and hopefully reply!

Have a nice day!

Karine

BTW: I'll bring two flags: Portugal & Slovenia! I have also GA tickets so watch out Greece =)!!

Not really an original one :| Well one thing I know is that it mustn't look like the show in Poland or the ones in Paris. It's totally different, because the message that we (or I... :confused: ) want to give them is thank you for making such great music and that of course we love them. It could be a giant banner, the clothes we wear, lights during one particular song, singing something or saying in just one voice thank you.... help me here!! Let's just talk about it, I'm sure something interesting will come out from all this. Speak out even if it sounds crazy or stupid, it could be a spark!

Or we could sing the irish anthem or do a giant irish flag saying Irleland rocks :love: .. kiddin'!

The message can change of course, but I thought keeping it simple like "thank you" would be more beautiful and I think that we all agree on that. Now the different ways we can use to show them our gratitude can actually be a little more complex.

Last edited:
hmmm...."thank u"....well, why not....a lot of us could have a giant banner with the words "thank u" on it .... :wink: (simple but great)

so what do u say .... :up: or :down:

:up: for sure!! But how big do you think it should be? I'd say if a lot of us have banners, it just has to be big enough so you can actually read it from the stage. Now perhaps it'd do more impact if we choose one particular song to do it. What do you think?

which song...maybe One? What do u think?

however, it seems to me that only u and I like this idea...:rolleyes: i d still do it :wink:

how r u going to Rome? By plane?

Lol yep it seems we're the only one :slant: nah it's alright! We could do it during One yep, wow, such a beautiful song!! I'm taking the train to go there but I'm so scared I won't get my tickets on time!!:( What about you?

well if anybody else is interested, post sth here...that u will do it too or sth similar ...or maybe if u have any other suggestions?

i m going by plane...from venice...u haven't got your tickets yet? how come?

Well it's already the second time so I'm getting used to it lol. They just didn't send it yet and my bet is they won't, I'll have to pick it up at the stadium the day before. That's what happened for Vienna..

Tell me, are you taking ryanair? If you are when's your flight? Where are you staying? Ok I'm really really really sincerely apologizing for all these questions!! :yes: I've never been in Rome and I have to admit it's freaking me out! :huh: I was hoping to take the train to get there but compared to ryanair's cost, I'm really reconsidering the choice. Aaaaaah I don't know what to do!!! I'm risking too much!!! Sorry :| breakdown lol. I so want to see those guys again I can't think straight...

Last edited:
oh hey...i think there is one seat left in our car so if u want i can ask the driver and u can go with us....or maybe he will read this post and tell u more :) anyway we r driving to Venice and then on the first flight to Rome which is at 8 o'clock or sth... send me an email...i ll tell u more: marusakozan@hotmail.com :wink:

Remember ladies, that during 'One' the B-Man may very well get everyone to put their phones in the air......but actually, that could still work well, just get ppl to hold an end of the banner each too, it would look very nice indeed....:up:

*coughs*msn doesnt seem to be letting me in!! *coughs*

Back
Top Bottom