July 17th 2011, Busch Stadium, St. Louis, MO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IDK, Dallas was whereabouts I had to use "max a/c" for the first time as I drove down to Houston in '09, 'cause it was getting so humid in the car that my directions were getting moist. O_O

Taking a flight today from Philly. Not looking forward to temps of 100+! Hope there's shade by the stadium ...

Anybody hear that there is a list already for GA at the stadium? I just heard that. I wonder if it will be honored once 7am comes around tomorrow when we all can officially line up at the stadium. It might be a mess if 200 people show up at 7am or 4:30pm and get in front of the fans who have been there all day or had no idea there was a list. I'm thinking about going down there to see what's up.

Edge31 said:
Anybody hear that there is a list already for GA at the stadium? I just heard that. I wonder if it will be honored once 7am comes around tomorrow when we all can officially line up at the stadium. It might be a mess if 200 people show up at 7am or 4:30pm and get in front of the fans who have been there all day or had no idea there was a list. I'm thinking about going down there to see what's up.
If you go please keep us posted.... hope it doesn't end up being a giant cluster-F.

It's true on the list. I just seen it on tv. Channel 2 is reporting live down at the stadium this morning. I guess I'll make the trek down to the stadium. I just hope those that get on the list actually spend some time in line tomorrow and don't just show up right before the gates open.

Taking a flight today from Philly. Not looking forward to temps of 100+! Hope there's shade by the stadium ...

Hi Cathal!! I'm not GA this show, will be sitting in section 503 tomorrow - will be odd not to be in line all day. not too sure if there's much shade - I saw in a report that there will be cooling stations, one outside and one on the field level.

I arrived nice and safe, and going to take a nap now, 3 hrs sleep just isn't enough for me. Went outside at airport and had a smoke before heading downtown and the mugginess kind of slapped me in the face - at 5:30am.
Beautiful and sunny with a bit of a breeze so far today.
I saw the stadium with the arch in behind, couldn't see the claw as I was on the wrong side and not wearing my contacts. and I didn't want to be wandering around with my suitcase at 6 am. I'll check it out later today after a good solid nap.

I live in St. Louis and will be attending tomorrow, I can't wait. Last night on STL news they said that you are not allowed to camp out for ga. They said the line will start at 7am at gate 5. Does anyone know if we can bring gatorade bottles or water bottles in? I normally bring things in for a cardinals game, but I'm not sure if the same rules apply for the concert. It's going to be so hot, but definitely worth it. :hyper:

The big pole/phallus thing is finally being...um...erected...on stage! :ohmy:

abadab, here's a link someone else found about the rules of the stadium: Do's and don'ts for Sunday's U2 concert

Welcome to balmy St. Louis witsa and catahlmc!

about this pre-ga line business, what has happened at other venues (Philly, etc.) where what Edge31 said might happen happened? "It might be a mess if 200 people show up at 7am or 4:30pm and get in front of the fans who have been there all day or had no idea there was a list." How did that convergence get resolved?

coming up from nashville....

My wife and i are heading up from nashville for our 3rd and last 360 show. :( Will be my 13th show all together. Got GA tickets but not gonna brave the line this time to get close. (nashvilles show about wore us out) I know i will regret this once the show starts but part of me does want to see this show once from far away. hope everyone has a safe trip if ur traveling!
-michael mitchell

T

about this pre-ga line business, what has happened at other venues (Philly, etc.) where what Edge31 said might happen happened? "It might be a mess if 200 people show up at 7am or 4:30pm and get in front of the fans who have been there all day or had no idea there was a list." How did that convergence get resolved?

I just called Busch Stadium to ask about the pre-lining up. The only thing they told me was that we can start lining up at the stadium at 7am tomorrow. I then voiced my concern on getting there at 7am to stand in line all day in the heat only to possibly be cut in line by people at 3pm who got on the list the day before. Again, no lining up before 7am but I didn't know if that meant no list or just no lining up before then.

I'm confident enough in getting at the venue at 7am tomorrow and going from there. With the heat and all it's hard to tell how big the line will be or how "official" this list is. Either way it's going to be a great show! :)

michaelwmitchel said:
My wife and i are heading up from nashville for our 3rd and last 360 show. :( Will be my 13th show all together. Got GA tickets but not gonna brave the line this time to get close. (nashvilles show about wore us out) I know i will regret this once the show starts but part of me does want to see this show once from far away. hope everyone has a safe trip if ur traveling!
-michael mitchell

is this Mike who got to play piano on Yahweh in StL in '05?

If this line is run like it has been at past shows, then there will be an early morning roll call a few hours before the official line can begin, and if people who were on that list are not there for this roll call, then they are struck off of the list. I like that idea, and I hope it's followed for STL; that wouldn't be cool if someone showed up with a number at 3 or 4 and said let me step in front of you, oh sunburned fan who has been standing there since 7AM.

and yes, it will be great and worth the effort! provided all us crazies are slathered in sunscreen...100 spf baby!

Hi Mike! Didn't you get onstage in Hawaii too? I'm hoping to play congas on "Crazy Tonight" if Larry will let me, but I doubt that will happen lol!

Hahaha....that...would be awesome! Me+congos = crazy
Go for it man. Yea that was me in hawaii too.

I know the line up list has started. about an hour ago it was in the 60's. have no idea when they'll have their check in time or anything - I just wanted to let you know numbering by "GA List" started.

witsa said:
I know the line up list has started. about an hour ago it was in the 60's. have no idea when they'll have their check in time or anything - I just wanted to let you know numbering by "GA List" started.

Thanks for letting us know witsa!

it depends on how many people will line up. I've done the all day line up for almost all my GA shows this tour, so I've always gotten the spot I wanted. In Vegas I didn't get there until about 4, didn't even get a # I was so far back, got inside and ended up with 2nd row outer rail Adam side.
With the heat factor tomorrow I wonder how many will line up like normal. I'll be heading to show early, even with seats. planning to leave b&b at noonish. this will give me time to visit in GA, eat, do a bit of a snoop of area before the show.

omg, I just had a crazy thought that I want to go to St Louis to meet the band at the serice entrance when they arrive. (have no ticket or thoughts on attending the concert)

I live in Milwaukee, will split the cost of gas. PM me if I'm along your way

1310857412047.jpg

I will stop by and say Hello for sure!
A few other people I want to see are #62 & 63 (I think, I'd better double check with them before I get there! but I'm sure I'll find them up there)

I wish I was getting the #t on my hand tomorrow. :sad:

Look forward to meeting you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom