JOE O'HERLIHY at Cranberries show last night!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

STING2

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
U2s soundman since April 1981, Joe O'Herlihy, was at the Cranberries show last night. The Show was at the Tower Theatre west of Philadelphia. I got there early and was in the lobby listening to the soundcheck of the opening band, when all of a sudden, this middle age guy with a sort of ZZ Top beard comes in the doors from where the tour buses are with someone else. I instantly new it was Joe but he seemed in a hurry and headed into the theatre that was still not open yet for the show. Guess you can assume he is the soundman for the Cranberries on their latest tour of the USA. The show was fantastic and very LOUD! Joe really had the Juice turned up for the Cranberries! I have run into Joe at several of the U2 shows I have been to over the past 10 years. But I was not expecting to run into him last night at a Cranberries show. Joe O'Herlihy is originaly from Cork and has been U2s soundman since the April 18, 1981 Detroit, MI, HARPO'S show.

I have the deepest respect and appreciation for Joe and the role he has played in the U2 story. I was hoping you were going to say he was in the front row dancing
smile.gif

I turned 20 in April 1981 and married a soundman 3 months later. I think I got the wrong one
biggrin.gif
j/k
Having been around the scene since then I know what an important part they play, how much shit they put up with at times , how much trouble shooting they do and the audience never knows. Roadies..."they get up and do it again" I love 'em
smile.gif

And the Cranberries....live Cranberries pumping thru a PA in the hands of a master!! Sounds like it was a great night STING2.

Fantastic show, definitely a 10! High energy and high volume. Really high volume, were talking Metallica level volume. A bit of a surprise because one does not think of the Cranberries that way. Awesome setlist too. They played about half of the new album and all their hits plus a lot of album tracks from Bury the Hatchet! If you can get tickets to this show GO!!!!!!!!!!

The show was in the 3,000 seat Tower Theatre in Philadelphia. Unfortunately, the show was not even close to being sold out. Only about 2/3s full, surprising for a band that sold over 35 million albums worldwide over the past 9 years. The new album has not done well in the States though. I wish the crowd had been more into it as well. The show was amazing.

Back
Top Bottom