It's Officially Pengie-Nappers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bammo2

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
In a car with House and Wilson :yikes: Let me out!
From http://news.bbc.co.uk/

Police hunt penguin 'abductors'

A rare penguin called Piglet has been rescued after being stolen from a North Yorkshire sea life centre.
Piglet and her partner George are among seven Humboldt penguins at Scarborough Sea Life and Marine Sanctuary.

She was taken on Sunday night, and staff were alerted when the penguin's distress calls were heard in the Barrowcliffe area of the town.

Piglet is on antibiotics to help her recover from the stress of the ordeal. Police are investigating the theft.

Staff at the sanctuary realised Piglet was missing from her enclosure after arriving for work in the morning on Monday 17 May.

After searching the site it became clear she had been stolen.

Iain Hawkins, manager at the centre, said: "We then got a phone call from a lady who said, 'I was wondering whether you've lost a penguin because there's one in my neighbour's back garden'.

"I could have kissed her. We found Piglet sitting in the corner of someone's back garden four or five miles way.

"She had obviously been stolen because she couldn't have got that far by herself."

They probably nicked it and then thought what do we do with this?

North Yorkshire Police spokeswoman
Mr Hawkins said the thieves probably do not realise they have put the lives of Piglet and her partner George at risk because penguins are highly susceptible to stress if separated from their partner or their familiar environment.

"We are all sickened that we might lose these two birds. The stress lowers their immunity which makes them very susceptible to disease."

Both penguins are on antibiotics and the staff will not know for another few weeks whether they will pull through.

North Yorkshire Police said: "We are taking this seriously. It sounds like a nasty prank but it could put these animals' lives in danger. It is also theft.

"Whoever has done it has scaled a 6ft fence and a 4ft inner fence and dumped the penguin in someone's back garden.

"They probably nicked it and then thought what do we do with this?"

Police urged anyone with information or who saw anything suspicious between Sunday night and Monday morning to contact them.

_40166221_piglet_penguin_body.jpg

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/north_yorkshire/3724603.stm

Poor Piglet :( :sad:

Back
Top Bottom