Its Official # I have a CD buying problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DiGi

New Yorker
in the last week I have bought way to many CD's. Someone stop me....There are so many other things I need to spend money on and I always seem to put those purchases off...

ummm..but how many is too many..you can never have too many..

cd's that I bought last week
John Mayer
Big Shiny Tunes 90's
ColdPlay
Bob Marley
Santana
Tom Cochrane
Tragically Hip

..just to name a few off the top of my head..:wink:

moral of the story..never lead me into music store...

I the last week I have bought 14 total cd's between albums, singles and promo cds and that is only because I restrained myself a good deal. I guess it is not that many but today for whatever reason it strikes me as a lot.

NO you can never have too many

hey I think of it this way..I may be broke..but at least I got tunes...

:eek:

I thought I had a problem, but my financial inadequacies stop me from caving in.
I am trying to be a lot pickier too, with the music I actually collect. If it doesn't have lasting power for repeated play then forget it. A couple singles will just make it on to a mixed CD then.

Yep, me too. I told myself I would stop after buying several at the beginning of the year, and having a bunch I still needed to get into after xmas, that were gifts.

But recently I've become addicted to buying used cds from yahoo...they have some great deals there! In fact, I just impulsively bought something from there an hour ago. Less than $6 for a new cd and that included shipping. Not bad!

~LadyLemon~ said:

But recently I've become addicted to buying used cds from yahoo...they have some great deals there! In fact, I just impulsively bought something from there an hour ago. Less than $6 for a new cd and that included shipping. Not bad!

Same here, only my drug of choice is half.com. I once bought three like new cds there for $13. How am I supposed to resist that?!? :crack:

yes dave grohl is my new husband

~LadyLemon~ said:
Yep, me too. I told myself I would stop after buying several at the beginning of the year, and having a bunch I still needed to get into after xmas, that were gifts.

What the hell, Lemon Sis. What did you buy?

Now I'm going to become addicted to yahoo also....move over eBay!! :hyper:

I'm telling myself it's ok cause my Columbia House ones haven't come yet. :shifty:

WhackaMole said:

Tom Cochrane

Life is a Highway...

Cd's I've bought in the last couple of weeks:

Sigur Ros ()
Zwan
Interpol

Coming soon:

AFI - Sing the Sorrow
The Clash - Best Of
Whatever else I go off on a whim and buy (could be anything)

last night i was updating my "wish list" thing on amazon. at the top it tells you how many on your list can be purchased at some ridiculously low price. if you click it it shows you a list with the prices. :crack: :crazy:

something like 40 of my 47 choices could be bought used.

i want them all. :faint:

:scream: :sad:

I want Zwan and the new Chili Peppers but I have no money :(.

The last CD I bought was also the Best Of....

Although I got some for Christmas.

I am also addicted to buying CDs. I used to spend all my money on clothes and NEVER buy cds.

Now i could care less what i look like so long as i have my music. :crack:

In the past 2 weeks I've bought 12 cds. :eek: (This year I've already bought about 24!)

Most of them are SACDs (Super Audio CDs - they sound amazing! - I just got an SACD player - I'm an audio geek, what?? :D)
Ryan Adams - Gold (Rock/Pop)
Alice In Chains - Greatest Hits (Rock)
Yo-Yo Ma, Edgar Meyer, Mark O'Connor - Appalachian Journey (Classical/Folk)
Diana Krall - When I Look In Your Eyes (Jazz)
Alison Krauss - Forget About It (Country)
Lang Lang - Rachmaninoff 3rd Piano Concerto and Scriabin Etudes (Classical)
Mark O'Connor - American Seasons (Classical)
McCoy Tyner With Al Foster and Stanley Clarke (Jazz)
McCoy Tyner Quartet - New York Reunion (Jazz)
Yo-Yo Ma - Solo (Classical)

And a couple regular cds
I Am Sam Soundtrack (All Beatles covers - really cool!)
Wilco - Summerteeth :up:

Last edited:
I forgot, in the last little big I've also bought:

Minor Threat : Discography

Not that anyone cares... hehehehhe

:|

I just bought Beth Orton-Trailer Park and Walkmen for $27.

Anh... they were okay... but I wasn't that impressed.

It sucks.. my addiction is like.. trying to find new sounds and music, hoping it'll surpass the last... but it only turns out to be disappointment.

theSoulfulMofo said:
:|
It sucks.. my addiction is like.. trying to find new sounds and music, hoping it'll surpass the last... but it only turns out to be disappointment.

I hear that. We Mofo's think and act alike. Isnt it nice when you finally find something new that you really like though????!!

I know the feeling. I have absolutely zero self-control when I'm in a CD store. I can walk round clothes stores etc and not spend money even when I see something I really want. In a CD store it's a different story.

So now I just have to avoid CD stores at all costs, otherwise my bank balance quickly begins to fall :(

that's how i am. i have come to the conclusion that i have no self-control, thus i must stay away from those damn stores.

but then i accidentally wander into music stores online.

:crack::crack::crack:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom