It's GA "line" shenanigan time!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Found a facebook group tonight called u2 JTT 2017 Philly. 2 ladies named Michelle and Laura are already planning to run the line and roll into Philly on Thursday for a Sunday show. Think they'll be mad when I tell them my list started 2 weeks prior to theirs on this forum?

FYI m starting my own line in Chicago at 4pm on Saturday. This will be the official line.

I've been doing plenty of forecast watching for this weekend in Chicago (looking more promising, just hoping no lightning - rain? Fine with me). Doing GA with my dad, and our experiences during the I+E tour at the United Center were super easy.

However, with this being a stadium gig (and since we like a good pre-show tailgate), we were thinking of entering the stadium at 6pm. Does anyone have a guess as to best-case-scenario for entering at 6? I'm not overly concerned about being super close, but if we can even manage 10-15 deep of the B-Stage, we'll be gravy for the show.

Going off the Seattle crowd, you should easily get within 10-15 deep of the B-stage at 6:00.

Even closer if you go to the far side of the main stage from wherever the main entrance is (it was Adam's side in Seattle).

Just in case cc entry is making the entrance a giant pain in the ass, however, if you want to be IN the stadium at 6, don't show up at 5:45 or 6. Leave extra time in case it's a zoo again.

Going off the Seattle crowd, you should easily get within 10-15 deep of the B-stage at 6:00.

Even closer if you go to the far side of the main stage from wherever the main entrance is (it was Adam's side in Seattle).

Just in case cc entry is making the entrance a giant pain in the ass, however, if you want to be IN the stadium at 6, don't show up at 5:45 or 6. Leave extra time in case it's a zoo again.

Awesome info, thank you! Our parking spot is just south of Soldier Field, which is the entry gate for GA. We'll mosey in at 6, and even if it takes 10-15 minutes with the CC entry, take our chances.

Solider Field, be there around noon.

Yelling, screaming and crying over a line for a concert? That's embarrassing.

Yelling, screaming and crying over a line for a concert you've seen multiple times? It's so sad it makes me smile. God bless these 'adults'- I love the dedication. Must really have no life, job or really anything else to look forward to except for getting as close to Bono's sack. :lol:

If someone walks up to me with a notebook, I'll be sure to take it from them and wipe my ass with it and give it back to them on a silver platter.

See ya'll there :heart:

we were thinking of entering the stadium at 6pm. Does anyone have a guess as to best-case-scenario for entering at 6? I'm not overly concerned about being super close, but if we can even manage 10-15 deep of the B-Stage, we'll be gravy for the show.

For 15 from the b-stage, you can probably wait until 6:30.

Though, yeah, keep an eye on the credit card lines. CC entry was a piece of cake down in Dallas. You'd hope the folks at Soldier Field are old pros too.

Have any other venues besides Vancouver had CC entry problems?

I took this pic at 6:01pm in Houston

GD94683_d.jpg

Houston was a middle of the week show, so I think it was less crowded early than a weekend show would be.

I think Seattle's issue wasn't the cc entry part, just the massive crowds all showing up at once and a huge confusing mass at the entry. It's baffling to me that stadiums don't know how to deal with it.

Does the same thing happen for the sporting events held at the same venue? It happened seeing Billy Joel at the Seattle baseball stadium last year - I never had that problem going to baseball games, even when the Mariners were actually winning, so people actually went.

It could be worse: Arcade Fire is letting fans buy their way to the front on the upcoming tour.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-06-01 at 11.03.07 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-06-01 at 11.03.07 PM.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 77
But if U2 did it the reaction would be hilarious. Green Day fans didn't blink an eye.

Well U2 actually does do this, just not with GA. They have VIP packages for some of the prime reserved seats. Had them on i+e as well.

ETA: And you could actually consider Red Zone as kind of doing it with GA, but a portion goes to charity so there's no uproar.

True, but their standard ticket prices are dirt cheap for an arena act. Plus they're going to be in the round!!!

GA for this tour is $103 including fees. I've never seen them live so I didn't mind spending that, but damn. I am happy it's going to be in the round though. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom