INTERVIEW Sminterview, just ask!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Celebrating christmas eve instead of christmas morning at my grandparents'. Big, warm family gathering, huge, beautiful christmas tree, huge feast.. :drool:

Same Q

Last edited:
We used to be allowed to open one gift on Xmas Eve. Then one year post believeing in Santa years we begged to open a 2nd then a 3rd gift and before we knew it all the gifts had been opened. It was so much fun and from then on we opened gifts on Xmas Eve!

Same Q

though not the best memory for my parents.... i recall one morning my brother and i sneaking downstairs on christmas morning putting our presents into piles. we were soooo excited we just couldn't wait for our parents to get up. so... bro and i decided to open up all our gifts and start playing with them. we were soooo happy! that is... until our parents walked down the stairs and saw us. my mother said we ruined christmas. yeah, not a good memory for them, but it's the ONE that stands out in my mind the most!

same

My favorite memory is when I was 5 to about 8, Santa would actually come to my house. He would come over and visit with me and my cousins and nieces and nephews and then we had to go in the other room so he could talk to our parents. Found out years later, he was getting drunk with the family while we were in the room waiting to hear the verdict on the presents. :D

Have you ever been in a Christmas Pageant?

Yeah, a few times when I was little, we always know what we're getting now :wink:

Do you look forward to Christmas less now you know that Santa's not real?

Nope, not at all. I still get up with my siblings at ungodly hours of the morning to wait until we're allowed to open presents. Now that I'm away from home and living at college, Christmas is even better because getting to go home is like a treat, and I can't wait until the month long break :drool: Only one more week! :hyper: Plus, it's just a great time of the year! :D

Same question.

I don't get so excited about Christmas much anymore since my son is grown and since my dad and grandmother died. Grandma used to make all our tree ornaments and it's so hard to decorate a tree without her, OR to enjoy Christmas without Dad singing Ave Maria and carving the meat or joking around or finding his little gifts to mom my sister and I hidden in the tree branches. We try, but the holidays are just not the same when you get older and people that made Christmas so much fun in the past are now gone and there's no huge family or little kids to get all excited about it with. It's just different, really. We are making new traditions. I just wish Christmas wasn't so retail and over commercial and was more about family and helping those less fortunate.

Same Q

OK ... yes. If that was the ONLY time I'd see Snow, then yes, it would be GREAT.

Otherwise, I dread the Snow very badly. It's always so-ooo difficult with travel here, we're better off without it.

same

I don't let myself get stressed out anymore. I used to but only because I had a LOT to deal with. I've streamlined and it's so much simpler now in the new chapter of my life. I like it this way.

Same

Back
Top Bottom