Interference World Cup thread #4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
GibsonGirl said:
That's it then! Horrible game, but very good for England.

You mean coz of the fight right , coz 10 min of footy of this one , was 1000X better than Ecu X Eng

the rockin edge said:
that was disgraceful.

Too true. Thank heavens no fans ended up stampeding the pitch, because they very well could have with the way that was going.

I am curious about how much England paid this Russian ref to send off as many players as he could in both teams...

Oh well.

Seriously speaking, this has to be a motivating victory for Portugal. Winning "battles" like this lifts up your spirit... I am sure that Portugal will come out to eat England alive in the next game (and maybe get a few players sent off too :D ).

And why the hell was Van Nistelrooy on the bench?

tre: nothing personal at all but after watching both teams play today, I'm getting the feeling that Portugal just might beat England in the quarterfinal.

J_NP said:

You mean coz of the fight right , coz 10 min of footy of this one , was 1000X better than Ecu X Eng

Oh yes, definitely because of the fight. It was far more entertaining to watch, but for all the wrong reasons...

And btw, hats off to Scolari, the Portuguese coach, he has won 11 World Cup matches in a row... and he will give England all they can handle.

U2@NYC said:
And btw, hats off to Scolari, the Portuguese coach, he has won 11 World Cup matches in a row... and he will give England all they can handle.

And it's the 2nd quarter final in a row that Scolari face the Queen's boys

Wow...I thought the first half was brutal. I was afraid everyone would get in a fight after Figo got knocked down in second half and after Deco brutally fouled the Dutch player that wouldn't give the ball back to Portugal.

How many Portugals are there left to play the next game? 9-9 at the end.

Zootlesque said:
tre: nothing personal at all but after watching both teams play today, I'm getting the feeling that Portugal just might beat England in the quarterfinal.

I got no doubt on that , even though they lost the brain of the MF

Portugal got heart and soul , while England :| they got spotlights on

FIGO IS A BLOODY MOTHERFUCKING FAGGOT!!!!

more insightful analysis may follow later.......

(PS: I vdon't give a fuck about IP-bans right now)

Zootlesque said:

I sure hope so!! But I need to rest now... My heart is still beating so fast that I'm afraid it might explode!

Vorsprung said:

Gaan kak, Figo! I'm not sure if you can understand Afrikaans, Vorsprung, but our languages are fairly close. :wink:

annie_vox said:

I sure hope so!! But I need to rest now... My heart is still beating so fast that I'm afraid it might explode!

Relaxa annie cabou ;) Mas esse ehj o lance com felipao , ele eh competente mas as vitorias deles s sempre assim

GibsonGirl said:

Gaan kak, Figo! I'm not sure if you can understand Afrikaans, Vorsprung, but our languages are fairly close. :wink:

is afrikaans, zulu + dutch ?

They are now saying this is the first time 4 players get sent off in a World Cup.

Nasty record to break.

That Russian ref... :mad:

my god.... this ref was insane! And what an insane game too... RED CARD for Heitinga for lack of fair play (the ball should have been delivered to Portugal) And what the f*** was that second yellow card to DECO? If a ref shows a yellow because of that, games will never end with 11 players form each side...

Vorsprung said:

afrikaans = funny dutch

Ja, that's a better way to put it. :wink: I was hoping the Netherlands would win, but it just wasn't to be. Figo shouldn't be allowed to play after that head butt. What a poephol...

Vorsprung said:

Figo's header should have had him sent-off. I actually think that FIFA could suspend him regardless, as they did with an Italian player a couple of World Cups ago.

But there were a lot of unsporty-like plays on the match. Not giving the ball back to Portugal was an example. A silly play by the Dutch as well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom