Interference Random Music Talk Part XIV - Magic everywhere in this bitch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Goodwill and cheap vintage stores are hipster joints.

Scenesters shop at Hot Topic, Laz. Come on.

Yes, hipsters buy primarily vintage stuff, but Shouter implied they're buying clothes all the time. I don't think that's the case.

And by scenesters I mean people who like to go to retro/ironic dance nights at clubs and get their pictures taken by whatever idiot has his own website to show off how cool everyone was during whatever bullshit DJ's set. There is def crossover with the hipster crowd but the key thing to remember is that scenesters like to be SEEN and tend to be the ones dressed in over-the-top fashion and get made fun of on sites like Checkoutthisfuckinghipster. Real hipsters don't want your camera in their face.

Yes, hipsters buy primarily vintage stuff, but Shouter implied they're buying clothes all the time. I don't think that's the case.

And by scenesters I mean people who like to go to retro/ironic dance nights at clubs and get their pictures taken by whatever idiot has his own website to show off how cool everyone was during whatever bullshit DJ's set. There is def crossover with the hipster crowd but the key thing to remember is that scenesters like to be SEEN and tend to be the ones dressed in over-the-top fashion and get made fun of on sites like Checkoutthisfuckinghipster. Real hipsters don't want your camera in their face.

This is almost entirely true. Still, it's a weirdly fine line, you know? I feel like it's one of those "I know it when I see it" things.

I wasn't trying to say that "real hipsters" are always out buying clothes, though. I'm just saying that since my nondescript clothes almost never at all change, they get passed by by all hipster, scenester, and what-have-you trends. I just ALWAYS look this way, or at least for five years at a time. I randomly wore the same plain-ass shirt to a U2 show last September as one I wore in September of 2005. Nice and consistent.

PBR tends to be one of the cheaper beers at a lot of the bars I go to, so it's not rare that I find myself drinking it. It's not bad, and I don't have the money to buy rounds of $8 beers every weekend, as much as I wish I could.

Same deal here. As far as cheap beer goes, I'll take a PBR over a Keystone or Natty any time. I don't get the luxury of ordering at (most) bars here, but the fact that it's just about all I buy from the store is a testament more to its price and my being too used to it to notice it tasting "bad" at this point. Hell, I actually like the taste. Much better than Bud Light and Coors Light.

Quality over quantity, fellas. Of course, since I'm out at half a beer, I can say this.

18dvd600.jpg

Greatest. Soundtrack. Ever. Still waiting for it on cd.

That sorta makes me sad, he's one of my favorite people on the forum. I like that he brings up bands and genres that are never mentioned here. Plus, he's a funny son of a bitch.
oh he is, i just really, really hate metal.
And by scenesters I mean people who like to go to retro/ironic dance nights at clubs and get their pictures taken by whatever idiot has his own website to show off how cool everyone was during whatever bullshit DJ's set. There is def crossover with the hipster crowd but the key thing to remember is that scenesters like to be SEEN and tend to be the ones dressed in over-the-top fashion and get made fun of on sites like Checkoutthisfuckinghipster.
WOAH WOAH WOAH

that is exactly what happens here! there is a bunch of "blokes" who get into nightclubs wearing the most ridiculous shit you've ever seen, stuff i would never wear, and they have shaved the sides of their heads but kept the hair on top long (one bloke i know actually uses a hairpin to pin his fringe back) and they're the popular ones. they pose (actually pose, i'm not just using that as a loose verb) for the bloke who has a website for club photos.

i didn't realise there was actually a specified look for a hipster though. i just like the music, i wouldn't dare grow facial hair because i when i do i look like a dirty creep.

He's not going to be happy with the tracklist, either:

"Sometimes (Lester Piggott)" -- "Who the fuck is THIS guy? And sometimes WHAT?!"
"One of the Three" -- "I WON'T SHARE YOU!!"
"Five-O" -- I don't even wanna know.
"Everybody Knows" -- Forget it LM, it's Interference.
"Knuckle Too Far" -- :eek:
"Skindiving" -- no comment.

You expect me to resist THIS piece of man?

DSCF1933-1.jpg

Manlier still, Brian Eno curated the thing. I like to call it his midlife crisis record.

He wasn't getting enough action at home:

U2Drag-2.jpg

For the love of God, let's change the topic.

So I was just listening to an old tape of Husker Du's New Day Rising in my brother's shitty car, and it pleases me to say that Celebrated Summer is still one of the greatest songs I will ever hear. Wow.

Well, the Splendour in the Grass dream is over. about 10 minutes ago i was in fact going to go, but a mate text me to say they've pretty much all bailed. so it would have been just me and a mate of mine. i'm kind of shattered, but i suppose it will save me a lot of money.

Looks like i'll be going to that LCD/Hot Chip show after all!

James are a little hit or miss for me, but they have a lot of songs that I just love. I have their greatest hits, and that's plenty for me.

I was obsessed with their song "Sit Down" in college. It still makes me want to jump around and dance all happy.

Laz. Recommendations. I really think this stuff may be to your liking. Sorry in advance if I'm wrong, but I figure they'll at least be interesting, in that event.

Bassholes: When My Blue Moon Turns Red Again

41067985.jpg

The Mirrors: A Green Dream

Mirrors_AGreenDream_1.jpg

The Mirrors: Something That Would Never Do

mirrors.jpg

Steel Pole Bath Tub: Unlistenable

r-800088-1160056850.jpeg

If you do get around to listening, please let me know what you think! Genuinely curious.

So, should I check out tickets?
i reckon you should! a mate and i are going, i'm about to buy tickets in the presale, would be great to meet you!

by the way, i listened to 3 Feet High and Rising on the way to uni this morning, and found it to be quite a great experience. i'd already heard Eye Know, but tracks like Tread Water, Ghetto Thang, Buddy, Me Myself and I were fantastic.

not sure if Do As De La Does was meant to be a parody, but if it was, brilliant! and i found De La Orgee particularly mirthful.

With you on Discreet Music. Only Eno I've listened to is Another Green World, and I can't get into it for the life of me. Unpopular opinion, I know. But this track sounds more up my alley.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom