Interference Random Music Talk Part XIV - Magic everywhere in this bitch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well honestly, Lance, I don't think I made that much of a hubbub about it on facebook or even on here save for the college football thread. So no harm done.

I find it far from hard to believe Laz is into a guy named Yakov considering some of the tunes he penned in a certain LS thread.

I have spent a good chunk of time listening to a GG Allin record, over the course of the last week. I cannot believe this, but it is true. Somehow, it is true. Also, the album is amazing. Somehow. Again, true. Straight-ahead, only vaguely and naively offensive (especially in comparison to what was to come), kind of bittersweet (again, given what was to come) punk rock from the late '70s. Insane. Album's called Always Was, Is, and Always Shall Be, and it is--against all odds--a wonderful record.

This is just a song about girls. Insane. Cannot believe that the dude ever wrote this. He even played the drums. Fucking wild.

YouTube - GG Allin - Unpredictable

I know that Laz likes The Misfits, and I know that others do, too. If you like them or the punkier leanings of Weezer (it pains me to say "punkier leanings of Weezer," but I'll live--I'm not kidding, re: the comparison), listen to this. Fast, tight, and strangely sad/naive. Really killer stuff. I can't believe it, but I can't get enough of it.

I know that Laz likes The Misfits, and I know that others do, too. If you like them or the punkier leanings of Weezer (it pains me to say "punkier leanings of Weezer," but I'll live--I'm not kidding, re: the comparison), listen to this. Fast, tight, and strangely sad/naive. Really killer stuff. I can't believe it, but I can't get enough of it.

That song was good. Too bad GG Allin was a fucking idiot.

Looks like I'm going to Los Camp! alone tonight.

Hell yeah. Finally saw them with friends, rather than alone, like 10 days ago. I actually preferred going solo (just because I was less inhibited about screaming along, that way), but sweet fuck was it ever nice to have a few adults in the vicinity. Can't deny it.

listened to National's Boxer... didn't enjoy it nearly as much as i did Alligator. found it quite pedestrian, songs such as Green Gloves being the main culprits. Fake Empire & Mistaken for Strangers probably the standouts.

I still semi-regularly listen to "Apartment Story," and still like "Start a War" and "Fake Empire." I didn't like that record, but I fucking LOVED those songs. God damn. So good.

Oh, and Martha...you need to find this. I guess you should attempt to try before you buy, but you should definitely try. However it has to happen. An out-of-the-blue winner, I say. Not heavy like some of the other shit I have been suggesting, but strong tunes and great guitar lines abound. If the write-up sounds good, then you should dig it; shit's pretty spot-on, provided you don't equate The White Stripes with blues-rock. Goooooood shit.

Siltbreeze - Mount Carmel

Oh, and Martha...you need to find this. I guess you should attempt to try before you buy, but you should definitely try. However it has to happen. An out-of-the-blue winner, I say. Not heavy like some of the other shit I have been suggesting, but strong tunes and great guitar lines abound. If the write-up sounds good, then you should dig it; shit's pretty spot-on, provided you don't equate The White Stripes with blues-rock. Goooooood shit.

Siltbreeze - Mount Carmel

I'm liking it a minute or two into the sample tune. A lot. I'm going to hop over to their myspace page and listen some more.

Shouter, Magic Lantern's Platoon finally arrived, I listened to it twice on the way to and from Nevada, loved the hell out of it, and now the damn thing's stuck in my work computer. My heart is broken. I have to get someone to call someone to get that bitch out of there. I know, I could just burn a copy, but it's like leaving a puppy at the park.

eta: Keep sliding these recommendations my way.

As I type this, the Magic Lantern LP is damaging my brain in a good way. And I have spun that Mt. Carmel album like six times in the last two days. It's wonderful.

I saw a fucking barn-burner of a show, last night, featuring this fucking white-hot, frenzied, shredder extraordinaire hard-psych band called Birds of Maya. They're from Philly (the guitarist is in The Violators, Kurt Vile's backing band, and he also released that Purling Hiss LP that I freaked out about, late last year), and while I'm not sure whether or not you would totally dig their records (Vol. 1 came first and I think would be more to your liking; Ready to Howl just came out and is less...definite, I'll say), if you somehow have the chance to see them in a live setting, then get on it. Holy fucking shit.

I saw them twice, actually, and the first set was literally perfect. The second set was slightly less precise, but made even more impressive because the guitarist told me that he was super fucked by the time they started (how anybody can be trashed and play like that is beyond me) AND he broke a string and had to restring during one of the songs...but he never stopped playing. It was unfuckingbelievable to watch. Shame that between both shows, there were probably a total of 30 people in attendance. Major drag.

Fuck, Hariett just walked by me and I didn't realize it until it was too late.

Gareth was in the crowd during the opener and kids were buggin him for pictures.

After nearly 8 weeks living here I've finally scored a job at Toyota, which means CD purchases! Ordered the May Holy Trinity plus some other stuff.

Unfortunately they want me to start tomorrow, which means my first viewing of The Wire on DVD may be put on hold.

So, uh, there are a number of songs from this that I still love.

12468139277.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom