Interference Random Movie Talk V: The Final Frontier

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Upon further research, apparently that director's cut on the 2-disc sucks. But it was rereleased as a single disc, minus the documentaries, but with a Mann commentary, which trumps all doesn't it?

The reviews I read said the actual transfer isn't too bad.

The one I'm talking about has that weird Red Dragon symbol on it with the actors' faces inside, from 2003, and is simply called "Restored Director's Cut".

Upon further research, apparently that director's cut on the 2-disc sucks. But it was rereleased as a single disc, minus the documentaries, but with a Mann commentary, which trumps all doesn't it?

The reviews I read said the actual transfer isn't too bad.

The one I'm talking about has that weird Red Dragon symbol on it with the actors' faces inside, from 2003, and is simply called "Restored Director's Cut".

Right, but apparently it uses things from the TV cut and takes out random sections of the theatrical cut. Some versions cut this line out:

"As a child, my heart bleeds for him. Someone took a little boy and turned him into a monster. But as an adult... as an adult, he's irredeemable. He butchers whole families to fulfill some sick fantasy. As an adult, I think someone should blow the sick fuck out of his socks."

And I want the one that has it, because it kicks so much fucking ass it hurts. Thanks for your help, I'm leaning toward the '07 release as of right now.

NSW, it's getting re-released January 23rd in standard theaters and IMAX.

Right, but apparently it uses things from the TV cut and takes out random sections of the theatrical cut. Some versions cut this line out:

"As a child, my heart bleeds for him. Someone took a little boy and turned him into a monster. But as an adult... as an adult, he's irredeemable. He butchers whole families to fulfill some sick fantasy. As an adult, I think someone should blow the sick fuck out of his socks."

And I want the one that has it, because it kicks so much fucking ass it hurts. Thanks for your help, I'm leaning toward the '07 release as of right now.

NSW, it's getting re-released January 23rd in standard theaters and IMAX.

Thanks.

So which version will you buy? The '07 release?

I bought a copy of Manhunter last summer in Walmart for like 3 bucks. I haven't watched it yet though so I really have no idea which version I bought. If it turns out to be fullscreen I'm probably going to cry a little.

Oh, and Barry Lyndon for the motherfucking win, ladies and gentlemen.

Oh, baby.

I'm still going to buy the DVD.

Same, and my buddy's having a Blu Ray party to, for shits and giggles.

Speaking of awesome things, I picked up Mean Streets, Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore, Who's That Knocking on My Door, 2001, and Clockwork at Moviestop today after a pretty complicated trade-in/purchase combination.

My training to become an NBA GM is near complete.

Isn't there a boxed set that has those Martys plus a couple others? I got it for pretty cheap.

Yeah. I traded in my copies of GoodFellas and After Hours to get the box with GF, AH, and the other Scorsese flicks for less than $10. Good shit.

Just purchased tickets to the "Che" Roadshow screening at the Ziegfeld Theater in NYC this Saturday.

Can't.
Fucking.
Wait.

eh it will amuse me well enough...I don't really have too many expectations of terminator movies.

Yes, because he clearly disappoints me all the time... It's not my fault nobody can live up to his standards of cinematic excellence *masturbates* /exageration

There's a new Watchmen trailer in itunes.

Well, technically it's the comic-con footage, but nobody outside of that has gotten to see it.

There's a new Watchmen trailer in itunes.

Well, technically it's the comic-con footage, but nobody outside of that has gotten to see it.

It was available to watch online, you know. Bootlegs of the event, at least.

The official website now has pages up for several characters, and you can download wallpapers, avatars, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom