Indoor arena tour of europe 2006

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

claytons edge

The Fly
OK,now i doubt this will even happen but let's just pretend that it will.After playing the 4th and 5th leg,U2 will begin their indoor tour of europe and their final leg sometime around may,i'm trying to figure out most likely venue's across europe. I'll start off with the one's i know, LONDON EARLS COURT (19,000) M.E.N ARENA MANCHESTER (21,000) SHEFFIELD HALLAM FM ARENA NEWCASTLE METRO RADIO ARENA NOTTINGHAM ARENA CARDIFF ARENA (10,000) GLASGOW SECC ODDESEY ARENA BELFAST (20,000) GREEN GLEN'S ARENA CORK (7,000) POINT DEPOT DUBLIN. (8,000) Now we want to try and get as many suitable arena's as possible across europe with capacity,thanks for any help

Glasgow SECC does NOT hold 20,000. I think the record attendance for an all standing concert there is something like 12,000.

I know glasgow SECC doesn't hold 20,000,it's the oddesey arena in belfast that i was trying to point out that hold's 20,000.

Cologne Arena 18,500 / Munich Olympiahalle 13,000 / Frankfurt Festhalle 13,500 / Hamburg Color Line Arena 14,000 /
Dortmund Westfalenhalle 14,000 / Hannover TUI Arena 14,000 / Kiel Ostseehalle 12,500

Milan, Forum di Assago: 13.000
Florence, Mandela Forum: 10.000
Modena, Stadio Comunale: 13.000
Rome, Palalottomatica: 12.000
Naples, Arena Flegrea: 10.000
Verona, Arena di Verona: about 15.000
verona.jpg
:drool:

:wink:

We've got the u.k,ireland,germany,switherland,holland,belgium and italy.Anybody know of spain,france,portugal,sweden etc.

Point depot show's would be amazing,but they would have to play the venue a silly amount of times,mind you westlife do it so why not U2

The Globe in Stockholm can actually take 16000 (just checked), and then there's also Scandinavium in Gothenburg, with a capacity of 14000.
U2 have played both venues before.

In amsterdam we allready had 3 "indoor"shows

That stadium SUCKS!!!!!!!!! :madspit:

The concerts rocked though but that had more to do with the quality of the band that was playing and position I was during the concerts than the actual accoustiscs for the people who were sitting way back...:huh:

an indoorshow in europe would be cool though and some great outdoorshows in Australie and NZ for Axver and his buddies:wink:

zwervers2 said:
and some great outdoorshows in Australie and NZ for Axver and his buddies:wink:

I would like to announce the formation of the Movement To Bring U2 To Australia And New Zealand To Appease Axver And Keep The Peace On Interference, aka the MTBUTAANZTAAAKTPOI. Now that's one mother of an abbreviation! :wink:

Axver said:

I would like to announce the formation of the Movement To Bring U2 To Australia And New Zealand To Appease Axver And Keep The Peace On Interference, aka the MTBUTAANZTAAAKTPOI. Now that's one mother of an abbreviation! :wink:

consider me in the MTBUTAANZTAAAKTPOI!!!

If they play the same cities again without a new album their may only be enough demand to fill arena's rather than stadiums, so if they do return to Europe I think it will be an arena tour.

Curious to know how this would affect the size of the Bomb Shelter compared to the stadium gigs.

Anyone know how many got into the Bomb Shelter in the US on Leg 1 compared to the Bomb Shelter in the UK on Leg 2?

Thanks

Kaber

Back
Top Bottom