In your opinion, what's the best rock love song?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Niamh_Saoirse

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Ok, this is the deal. I want to record a song for my boyfriend Brian but I can't think of one! He loves rock music as much as I do. In fact, he's a brilliant musician! ( he plays the guitar and the bass). I have everything ready: the equipment, the place to record it....except for the song! lol

So girls, can you recommend me some rock love songs? The bad thing is that he doesn't like U2 ! eeeeeek!:huh: lol

Hmm

Glycerine ~Bush

Patience ~GnR

somethin by Oasis...don't go away.....champagne supernova....

dreams out loud said:
"In your eyes" By Peter Gabriel is my ALL time fav love song The lyric are just so..........Passionate

:yes: Ooh...I love that one!!!

I should be able to think of more, but...I can't right now! :scratch:

dreams out loud said:
"In your eyes" By Peter Gabriel is my ALL time fav love song The lyric are just so..........Passionate

I absolutely love that song! It's almost as perfect as WOWY!

flaming june said:
It's almost as perfect as WOWY!

imo, wowy is a very realistic love song, but it's not very ideal...i mean, "i can't live with or without you"...

but i do :heart: that song

:)

i have to think more about this one..........

Stories for Boys said:

imo, wowy is a very realistic love song, but it's not very ideal...i mean, "i can't live with or without you"...

but i do :heart: that song

:)

i have to think more about this one..........

About WOWY, there are different ways to look at it. I always see it from the perspective of wanting someone you can't have. :shrug: Some people also see it as being in one of those passionate relationships where they can't be together because they'd end up killing each other and they can't live apart because they want each other so much. But I guess it's precisely that ambivalence what makes it such a great song, imo.

flaming june said:

About WOWY, there are different ways to look at it. I always see it from the perspective of wanting someone you can't have. :shrug: Some people also see it as being in one of those passionate relationships where they can't be together because they'd end up killing each other and they can't live apart because they want each other so much. But I guess it's precisely that ambivalence what makes it such a great song, imo.

:yes: And I've also heard it interpreted as Bono singing to the fans.

flaming june said:

you know, i've never thought about it that way...but it does make sense...

The top five that I like, that may all not be classed as rock ballads are:

It Must Have Been Love - Roxette
Wind of Change - The Scorpions (I cannot believe I thought of them once seeing title of this thread and that they were mentioned!)
(I Would Do) Anything For Love - Meatloaf
The Power of Love - whatz her feckin name - Jennifer Bush, or somethun

and When A Man Loves a Woman - Percy Sledge.

Back
Top Bottom